Oil Change - 2011 GT - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Oil Change - 2011 GT

OK, let me start by saying that I dont plan on this being a thread that turns into a debate about which oil is best. I would just like a quick double check that I am not doing something stupid as this is my first oil change on this car.

I am planning on ordering:
Amsoil - SAE 5W-20 Signature Series 100%, which meets Ford WSS-M2C945-A, WSS-M2C930-A and API SN.

Amsoil -
Ea Oil Filters (EAO17)

I will probably not change my own oil just because getting rid of the oil is a PITA so its worth the $20. If I had a CAI on my car would it be wise to just take the oil and filter to a Meineke or someplace like that, or should I take the CAI off and take it to a dealer?

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011
PONY Member

Dealer won't care about your CAI when doing a oil change.

2012 GT Black Premium 6MT, 20" Black Foose Nitrous Staggered.

MODS: Airaid CAI, 93 BAMA Performance Tune, Roush Axle-Backs, GT500 Splash Guards, Shorty Antenna, Steeda Black Shift Knob, Extra Chrome Trim, 3rd Brake Light Decal, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge w/ Roush Vent Pod, Valetine 1.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMoneY View Post
Ok, I didnt know if they might note it and then use it against me if there is any engine issues down the line.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
personally i'd just take care changing the oil yourself. Find someone who has a collection tank that you know and dump it there once a year or something. I have a tank at the airport where i work that i dump the oil into so its no hassle to change it myself and berid of it

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011
PONY Member

Motor Oil | Indianapolis Recycle and Reuse Guide | Indy Recycling | KIBI

2011 GT Coupe Premium, Black exterior with Charcoal black turned leather interior. Rapid spec 400A with 6-speed MT, 3.73 limited slip axle, 19" painted aluminum wheels, HID headlamps, comfort package. FRPP tune with K&N air filter. FRPP Touring axle back exhaust with Borla 2 3/4" over axle pipes. ST Suspensions coilovers w/GT500 mounts. Spohn poly/del sphere adjustable lower control arms and Spohn adjustable panhard bar with Steeda panhard bar brace. Hotchkis Sport sway bars.

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011
PONY Member

x2

I just take mine up to the local Advance Auto and recycle my oil there.

Save yourself some money and do it yourself.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Isn't the WSS-M2C930-A specification irrelevant? The newer owner's guide says WSS-M2C945-A I believe. Does it really make it better? From what I read its mostly because of goverment fuel economy and emmissions and so is the SN. I put Royal Purple SL in my car.

2011 GT - Premium, 3.73, Brembo.

Performance Mods:

Borla Cat-Back, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuned, Jlt Catch-Can, 55D Rear Springs, J&M LCA's.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonShalev View Post
Isn't the WSS-M2C930-A specification irrelevant? The newer owner's guide says WSS-M2C945-A I believe. Does it really make it better? From what I read its mostly because of goverment fuel economy and emmissions and so is the SN. I put Royal Purple SL in my car.
Yep, I just copy / pasted it from amsoils website and grabbed the 930 spec too. I dont think it matters the 945 is what is important
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011
PONY Member

Even Wal-Mart takes old oil. I assume there is a surcharge involved, but IDK.

2011 Mustang GT Premium
Manual 6Spd, 3.31 Rear
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMoneY View Post
This....

Also At least out here in Cali, everyone takes everything free. Oil, bulbs, coolant you name it. When you start charging people that's when EVERYTHING winds up in the landfill/ocean. The oil change places out here charge like $60 bucks....complete rip off. You should do it yourself. Amsoil is a good product, don't know about their filters though, 5w-20 is what Ford says. So it looks like your all set.

2012 Mustang 5.0 - 2002 Focus ZTW - 2012 Kia Soul - 1969 Mustang GT
PONY Member

dealer can do it for you, they wont care about you CAI, but so can the local quickie lube and corner gas station if you wanna save some time. i used to do in the winter time when i was too cold to change it myself. the quickie lube places liked charging me full price for an oil change and NOT using any of there own product.

2007 ROUSH M90 Supercharged Mustang GT
2011 Vortech V-3 Si-Trim Mustang GT
GT Member

most small service stations take used oil, there is a small Sunoco no more than 200yds from my house that gladly accepts all the oil I can take to them. Ive taken 5/5qt jugs at once lol

2016 DIB GT Premium A6, Borla S-type axle backs, Rovos Pretoria wheels 20x8.5/20x10, Nitto N555G2 tires 255/35/20 and 275/35/20, Koni yellows, BMR springs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page