2 cents on wheels - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

2 cents on wheels

thinking of going 20's but no sure how the ride is or how the car feels on them. So any owners with 20's let me know what u thing? greatly appreciate your 2 cents

thanks

2013 5.0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011
PONY Member

I have 20s and the ride is actually a little better than my stock 18s. Although I do have it lowered 1 inch with FRPP springs. If you want better performance with them being that large get some 4.10 gears or if you are thinking supercharger down the road get 3.73 gears.

Whipple S/C 550 HO kit, FRPP 3.73 Gears, FRPP springs, Steeda Spyder 20x9 and 20x11, BMR LCAs, BMR ReLo Brackets, Front and Rear CShelby Sway bars, Hurst Billet Shifter, Custom Dyno Tune, MRT O/R H pipe, Borla Stingers
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Ya I was looking at 3.73's. How's ur turning?

2013 5.0

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011
PONY Member

turning isn't really the issue with a taller rim but a wider one like I have will change your turning. Im running 315s on the back my rims are 11 inches wide and 9 inch wide for the front. this causes great traction almost too much. the wider the more the turning changes.

Whipple S/C 550 HO kit, FRPP 3.73 Gears, FRPP springs, Steeda Spyder 20x9 and 20x11, BMR LCAs, BMR ReLo Brackets, Front and Rear CShelby Sway bars, Hurst Billet Shifter, Custom Dyno Tune, MRT O/R H pipe, Borla Stingers
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011
PONY Member

Search the forum this as been discussed quite a bit. 20s won't make a huge difference. The smaller sidewall on the tire will increase road feel.

2012 GT Black Premium 6MT, 20" Black Foose Nitrous Staggered.

MODS: Airaid CAI, 93 BAMA Performance Tune, Roush Axle-Backs, GT500 Splash Guards, Shorty Antenna, Steeda Black Shift Knob, Extra Chrome Trim, 3rd Brake Light Decal, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge w/ Roush Vent Pod, Valetine 1.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011
PONY Member

also if you do 20s you are def going to want to lower it in some way or another. the fender gap is much more noticeable with 20s for some reason.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page