Freshly Tinted Windows - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-20-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Send a message via AIM to solidhex
Freshly Tinted Windows

Well, I finally got my windows tinted the other day.. but it's been raining and I haven't been able to take a decent picture yet, so I will give myself the following smiley:

Since I live in California and we have more laws than you can shake a stick at, I kept it legal and went for the 30% tint on the sides (allowing 70% of the light through) and as dark as they could go for the rear 3 windows. It's still a big improvement and the car looks much nicer :laughlitt

6spd 2012 Grabber Blue GT Premium 401A
3.73 rear-end
HID headlamps & security package
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-20-2011
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidhex View Post
Well, I finally got my windows tinted the other day.. but it's been raining and I haven't been able to take a decent picture yet, so I will give myself the following smiley:

Since I live in California and we have more laws than you can shake a stick at, I kept it legal and went for the 30% tint on the sides (allowing 70% of the light through) and as dark as they could go for the rear 3 windows. It's still a big improvement and the car looks much nicer :laughlitt
I did the exact same thing on my 03' but it is illegal to use any tint on the front side windows at all in Cali.

I have never been pulled over for tint and have Medium all around on the BMW.

2012 Mustang 5.0 - 2002 Focus ZTW - 2012 Kia Soul - 1969 Mustang GT
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-20-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morcla View Post
I did the exact same thing on my 03' but it is illegal to use any tint on the front side windows at all in Cali.

I have never been pulled over for tint and have Medium all around on the BMW.
Yeah I had heard that you can't tint the front driver and passenger side windows, but I'm hoping a slight tint won't get me in trouble .

I actually got a ticket once for tinted windows on my PT Cruiser (I bought it that way) several years ago, NOT from a cop, but from a meter maid.

3.73 rear-end

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-20-2011
Rookie

Pics man!! Lol and if u bought 30% tint that means only 30% light gets in which is fairly dark.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-20-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012GTCS View Post
Pics man!! Lol and if u bought 30% tint that means only 30% light gets in which is fairly dark.
Oops, then I got that backwards. I meant it lets 70% of the light through on the passenger and driver's sides :P

Even that small amount makes it better though, I have to say.

Pics as soon as it stops raining and I can pull it out of the car port for some shots! :smoke:

3.73 rear-end
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page