Does your Sync text messaging work? Updates - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogasswild View Post
It did on my DroidX but not with my Thunderbolt.
Yeah, wife has a Bionic and it works, but not with my T-Bolt.

2011 GT, VMP Roush TVS, 10.80 @ 127mph
DynoSpeedRacing, Memphis TN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 Candy REDCS View Post
Actually, Im glad... Last thing I need while driving is text coming through,beside the fact it's illegal,why would I want THAT additional distraction while I'm behind the wheel? Guess I like my ride too much and don't want to increase the odds of a distracted accident..

Case in point: last year I was heading to work at 8am,I was just moving with rush hour traffic.... so I check my rear facing mirror as I approach a red light and notice this bmw sedan coming in a lil too fast; next thing i know is this idiot plowing into the back of my truck!!! she was on the phone in some conversation... first thing she says to me when she gets out her wrecked beamer is"you're an idiot,why did you just stop like that ( she did not even realise that lights had turned red) she also insisted on calling the cops and report the accident,she was charged with distracted driving,found at fault in the accident and ticketed and I found out later through my broker that her insurance declined her claim and found her at fault... yeah I need text in my car like I need cancer in my lungs.
I don't think you understand the system. When a text message comes in, it reads it to you. You can then speak your reply and it types it for you and sends it. You never have to take your hands off the wheel or eyes off the road. It only works with MAP enabled phones.

2011 GT/CS Coupe: Nav, comfort package, Electronics package, Borla axle back exhaust, VIS-Stalker Hood, H&R Lowering springs, Rear louvers, Complete white out, Silly GT/CS stripe deleted, powder coated rims, Tri bar pony 5.0 badges, K&N air filter.
GT Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfromalbany View Post
Just to confirm.. having an iphone but not using sync because like others I use everything but sync functionality. Does anything in sync functionality work with iphone?
I don't have an iPhone but from what I have read, everything else works except the talk text.

2011 GT/CS Coupe: Nav, comfort package, Electronics package, Borla axle back exhaust, VIS-Stalker Hood, H&R Lowering springs, Rear louvers, Complete white out, Silly GT/CS stripe deleted, powder coated rims, Tri bar pony 5.0 badges, K&N air filter.

Official Ford Rep

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to pass along some info regarding the text messaging feature.

In order for this to work your paired phone must support MAP (Message Access Profile). MAP is a Bluetooth standard developed for the engage of text messages.

According to Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG), MAP adoption by mobile device manufacturers is still in its infancy but the growth needle is starting to quiver.

I'm in the same boat as some of you. My Samsung Transform from Sprint is incompatible. Hopefully future firmware updates will enable this feature on more phones.

chrisfromalbany -

Other than text messaging, the iPhone is compatible with the SYNC system. You can make hands-free calls, use voice commands to control your iPod (when connection via USB), and can even stream music through Bluetooth audio.

If anyone has questions, let me know.

Jaclyn

FORD IN-VEHICLE TECHNOLOGY TEAM

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordMustang @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordMustang facebook.com/Ford
GT Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
Hey everyone!

I just wanted to pass along some info regarding the text messaging feature.

In order for this to work your paired phone must support MAP (Message Access Profile). MAP is a Bluetooth standard developed for the engage of text messages.

According to Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG), MAP adoption by mobile device manufacturers is still in its infancy but the growth needle is starting to quiver.

I'm in the same boat as some of you. My Samsung Transform from Sprint is incompatible. Hopefully future firmware updates will enable this feature on more phones.

chrisfromalbany -

Other than text messaging, the iPhone is compatible with the SYNC system. You can make hands-free calls, use voice commands to control your iPod (when connection via USB), and can even stream music through Bluetooth audio.

If anyone has questions, let me know.

Jaclyn
FordVITeam, can you tell your people to actually update the compatible phone list on your SYNC web site? All they did was change the date on the phone list from last year. I know of at least 30 phones that are now fully compatible with SYNC and the list does not reflect them. Some have been on the market for over 2 years. This would really help folks who are phone shopping.

Apprentice

The Blackberry Bold 9700 that I was using a few months ago did not support text messages with SYNC. My new Motorola Atrix 4G does work with it.
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfromalbany View Post
Just to confirm.. having an iphone but not using sync because like others I use everything but sync functionality. Does anything in sync functionality work with iphone?
Bluetooth audio and phone functionality works. I would be happy with just that if I didn't hate iPhones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT STYLE View Post
FordVITeam, can you tell your people to actually update the compatible phone list on your SYNC web site? All they did was change the date on the phone list from last year. I know of at least 30 phones that are now fully compatible with SYNC and the list does not reflect them. Some have been on the market for over 2 years. This would really help folks who are phone shopping.
This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

HTC EVO 3D here and text messaging is supposed to be supported, but isn't ATM and I am waiting on my provider to push 4.0 to my phone to see if it will indeed work.

It's a shame really, until I get my iTunes organized in a way that Sync will actually index (I have a lot of music on my iPod), SYNC has virtually no use to me.

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
-2008 Mazda Mazda3 GT Sport - Stock, 5MT.
-2004 Volvo XC90 T5 - Comfort pkg, safety pkg.
-1995 Infiniti G20 - Sold, Pioneer head unit, lighting mods, miss it dearly.
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT STYLE View Post
I apologize for the outdated list. Our team is currently is the process of testing new phones. Once this is complete an updated list will be posted.

I appreciate the feedback everyone has been providing.

Jaclyn

FORD IN-VEHICLE TECHNOLOGY TEAM

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordMustang @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordMustang facebook.com/Ford
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page