Ford Mustang Forum banner

Does your Sync text messaging work? Updates

3K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  FordIVTteam 
#1 ·
Since its been a few months, I figured we'd revisit the issue.

For those of you with phones that should support text messaging to sync, is it working? Maybe there is a specific step some of us are missing?

I have the HTC sensation which apparently supports Message Access Profile and should be working, but sync keeps telling me that the current phone is not compatible.

I saw one post on another forum which stated that he had to manually activate MAP on sync. Anyone know of this?

#3 ·
Congrats dude. Post pics.

#4 ·
Since its been a few months, I figured we'd revisit the issue.

For those of you with phones that should support text messaging to sync, is it working? Maybe there is a specific step some of us are missing?

I have the HTC sensation which apparently supports Message Access Profile and should be working, but sync keeps telling me that the current phone is not compatible.

I saw one post on another forum which stated that he had to manually activate MAP on sync. Anyone know of this?
I would have been much happier if Ford would have replaced Sync altogether with existing better exterior 1/4 panels, etc. that aren't the cheapest of cheap plastics where you can take your pinky to push it in, better halogen headlamps, and just average heated seats that heat. I'm all for technology, but not at the expense of installing cheap parts elsewhere on the Stang.

#6 ·
Sorry but I really don't see any relevance in this. I highly doubt ford had to find places to cut costs in the body panels to cover the costs of tech options which are available pretty much across the whole ford product line for years now.

#5 ·
My text messaging works with my galaxy s II, but it didn't work when I had the regular galaxy s

#11 ·
Wtf?! Did you get an unlocked version from Europe? Cause it only just came out in the US on ATT, Tmobile, and Sprint... and my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 doesn't work with the 2011 Mustang GT Sync for texting.

#10 ·
It's disappointing that Apple won't allow that on iPhones. Would be nice to have.
Actually, Im glad... Last thing I need while driving is text coming through,beside the fact it's illegal,why would I want THAT additional distraction while I'm behind the wheel? Guess I like my ride too much and don't want to increase the odds of a distracted accident..

Case in point: last year I was heading to work at 8am,I was just moving with rush hour traffic.... so I check my rear facing mirror as I approach a red light and notice this bmw sedan coming in a lil too fast; next thing i know is this idiot plowing into the back of my truck!!! she was on the phone in some conversation... first thing she says to me when she gets out her wrecked beamer is"you're an idiot,why did you just stop like that ( she did not even realise that lights had turned red) she also insisted on calling the cops and report the accident,she was charged with distracted driving,found at fault in the accident and ticketed and I found out later through my broker that her insurance declined her claim and found her at fault... yeah I need text in my car like I need cancer in my lungs.

#12 ·
I see that at least the european version (the original) of the galaxy S 2 supports MAP (their developer site lists device specs).

So I'd guess my newer AT&T Galaxy S 2 does too. So it seems like Sync is the reason my texting doesn't work with the car... with my 2011 I'm stuck with v3.1 of Sync. I'm betting the compatibility issues is on Ford's side, not Samsung's.

#19 ·
Hey everyone!

I just wanted to pass along some info regarding the text messaging feature.

In order for this to work your paired phone must support MAP (Message Access Profile). MAP is a Bluetooth standard developed for the engage of text messages.

According to Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG), MAP adoption by mobile device manufacturers is still in its infancy but the growth needle is starting to quiver.

I'm in the same boat as some of you. My Samsung Transform from Sprint is incompatible. Hopefully future firmware updates will enable this feature on more phones.

chrisfromalbany -

Other than text messaging, the iPhone is compatible with the SYNC system. You can make hands-free calls, use voice commands to control your iPod (when connection via USB), and can even stream music through Bluetooth audio.

If anyone has questions, let me know.

Jaclyn

#20 ·
FordVITeam, can you tell your people to actually update the compatible phone list on your SYNC web site? All they did was change the date on the phone list from last year. I know of at least 30 phones that are now fully compatible with SYNC and the list does not reflect them. Some have been on the market for over 2 years. This would really help folks who are phone shopping.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.