Ford Mustang Forum

Ford Mustang Forum (/forums/)
-   2011-2014 Mustang Talk (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-2014-mustang-talk/)
-   -   Does your Sync text messaging work? Updates (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-2014-mustang-talk/321508-does-your-sync-text-messaging-work-updates.html)

jrh0341 11-26-2011 09:59 PM

Does your Sync text messaging work? Updates

Since its been a few months, I figured we'd revisit the issue.

For those of you with phones that should support text messaging to sync, is it working? Maybe there is a specific step some of us are missing?

I have the HTC sensation which apparently supports Message Access Profile and should be working, but sync keeps telling me that the current phone is not compatible.

I saw one post on another forum which stated that he had to manually activate MAP on sync. Anyone know of this?

Morcla 11-26-2011 10:06 PM

I'll report in the next few days. I'm picking up the car tomorrow morning. I'll get the Blackberry all paired and see what is what.

jrh0341 11-26-2011 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morcla (Post 2823109)
I'll report in the next few days. I'm picking up the car tomorrow morning. I'll get the Blackberry all paired and see what is what.

Congrats dude. Post pics.

stangfacts 11-26-2011 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrh0341 (Post 2823103)
Since its been a few months, I figured we'd revisit the issue.

For those of you with phones that should support text messaging to sync, is it working? Maybe there is a specific step some of us are missing?

I have the HTC sensation which apparently supports Message Access Profile and should be working, but sync keeps telling me that the current phone is not compatible.

I saw one post on another forum which stated that he had to manually activate MAP on sync. Anyone know of this?

I would have been much happier if Ford would have replaced Sync altogether with existing better exterior 1/4 panels, etc. that aren't the cheapest of cheap plastics where you can take your pinky to push it in, better halogen headlamps, and just average heated seats that heat. I'm all for technology, but not at the expense of installing cheap parts elsewhere on the Stang.

Implosive 11-26-2011 11:04 PM

My text messaging works with my galaxy s II, but it didn't work when I had the regular galaxy s

jrh0341 11-26-2011 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stangfacts (Post 2823140)
I would have been much happier if Ford would have replaced Sync altogether with existing better exterior 1/4 panels, etc. that aren't the cheapest of cheap plastics where you can take your pinky to push it in, better halogen headlamps, and just average heated seats that heat. I'm all for technology, but not at the expense of installing cheap parts elsewhere on the Stang.

Sorry but I really don't see any relevance in this. I highly doubt ford had to find places to cut costs in the body panels to cover the costs of tech options which are available pretty much across the whole ford product line for years now.

stangfacts 11-26-2011 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrh0341 (Post 2823156)
Sorry but I really don't see any relevance in this. I highly doubt ford had to find places to cut costs in the body panels to cover the costs of tech options which are available pretty much across the whole ford product line for years now.

Point taken, but lots of owners don't even use Sync. In order for FMC to keep the price of the vehicle low they have to cut corners somewhere. I just gave 3 perfect examples.

I don't find Sync user friendly compared to the technology I use for other vehicles I own. No doubt some owners will disagree, but we all are entitled to our opinions.

honeymonkey 11-26-2011 11:34 PM

Text messaging has always worked for me. Probably because I am just using a motorola razr flip, one of the most widely supported phones out there. But never any issues from day one.

heavyD 11-26-2011 11:46 PM

It's disappointing that Apple won't allow that on iPhones. Would be nice to have.

5.0 Candy REDCS 11-27-2011 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heavyD (Post 2823190)
It's disappointing that Apple won't allow that on iPhones. Would be nice to have.

Actually, Im glad... Last thing I need while driving is text coming through,beside the fact it's illegal,why would I want THAT additional distraction while I'm behind the wheel? Guess I like my ride too much and don't want to increase the odds of a distracted accident..

Case in point: last year I was heading to work at 8am,I was just moving with rush hour traffic.... so I check my rear facing mirror as I approach a red light and notice this bmw sedan coming in a lil too fast; next thing i know is this idiot plowing into the back of my truck!!! she was on the phone in some conversation... first thing she says to me when she gets out her wrecked beamer is"you're an idiot,why did you just stop like that ( she did not even realise that lights had turned red) she also insisted on calling the cops and report the accident,she was charged with distracted driving,found at fault in the accident and ticketed and I found out later through my broker that her insurance declined her claim and found her at fault... yeah I need text in my car like I need cancer in my lungs.

Seventh 11-27-2011 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Implosive (Post 2823147)
My text messaging works with my galaxy s II, but it didn't work when I had the regular galaxy s

Wtf?! Did you get an unlocked version from Europe? Cause it only just came out in the US on ATT, Tmobile, and Sprint... and my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 doesn't work with the 2011 Mustang GT Sync for texting.

Seventh 11-27-2011 03:51 AM

I see that at least the european version (the original) of the galaxy S 2 supports MAP (their developer site lists device specs).

So I'd guess my newer AT&T Galaxy S 2 does too. So it seems like Sync is the reason my texting doesn't work with the car... with my 2011 I'm stuck with v3.1 of Sync. I'm betting the compatibility issues is on Ford's side, not Samsung's.

Deezul 11-27-2011 10:53 AM

No iPhone? Wtf....

chrisfromalbany 11-27-2011 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heavyD (Post 2823190)

Just to confirm.. having an iphone but not using sync because like others I use everything but sync functionality. Does anything in sync functionality work with iphone?

Beast3.7 11-27-2011 12:51 PM

It did on my DroidX but not with my Thunderbolt.