Does your Sync text messaging work? Updates - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-26-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Does your Sync text messaging work? Updates

Since its been a few months, I figured we'd revisit the issue.

For those of you with phones that should support text messaging to sync, is it working? Maybe there is a specific step some of us are missing?

I have the HTC sensation which apparently supports Message Access Profile and should be working, but sync keeps telling me that the current phone is not compatible.

I saw one post on another forum which stated that he had to manually activate MAP on sync. Anyone know of this?

2012 Kona Blue GT Prem, 401A (Charc + Blue), MT, 3.73, HIDs, Glass Roof, Electronics, Rear Sense + Security, Rear View Cam.
JHR bracket, FRPP, Steeda Sport Springs, Pro Action Dampers, adj Panhard, J&M Camber Plates

2004 Xterra (Sold) 2000 AltezzaRS (AKA-Lexus IS200 Sold)
"Mustangs are like good looking women. You can spend a lot of money dressing them up, but really they just look better naked."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-26-2011
PONY Member

I'll report in the next few days. I'm picking up the car tomorrow morning. I'll get the Blackberry all paired and see what is what.

2012 Mustang 5.0 - 2002 Focus ZTW - 2012 Kia Soul - 1969 Mustang GT
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-26-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morcla View Post
I'll report in the next few days. I'm picking up the car tomorrow morning. I'll get the Blackberry all paired and see what is what.

Congrats dude. Post pics.

2012 Kona Blue GT Prem, 401A (Charc + Blue), MT, 3.73, HIDs, Glass Roof, Electronics, Rear Sense + Security, Rear View Cam.
JHR bracket, FRPP, Steeda Sport Springs, Pro Action Dampers, adj Panhard, J&M Camber Plates

"Mustangs are like good looking women. You can spend a lot of money dressing them up, but really they just look better naked."

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-26-2011
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrh0341 View Post
Since its been a few months, I figured we'd revisit the issue.

For those of you with phones that should support text messaging to sync, is it working? Maybe there is a specific step some of us are missing?

I have the HTC sensation which apparently supports Message Access Profile and should be working, but sync keeps telling me that the current phone is not compatible.

I saw one post on another forum which stated that he had to manually activate MAP on sync. Anyone know of this?
I would have been much happier if Ford would have replaced Sync altogether with existing better exterior 1/4 panels, etc. that aren't the cheapest of cheap plastics where you can take your pinky to push it in, better halogen headlamps, and just average heated seats that heat. I'm all for technology, but not at the expense of installing cheap parts elsewhere on the Stang.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-26-2011
Apprentice

My text messaging works with my galaxy s II, but it didn't work when I had the regular galaxy s

Edelbrock 1588 supercharger w/ competition intake & Custom BBR tune 542rwhp/470rtq @ 5psi -- Barton shifter, bracket and shift knob -- Steeda Ultralights -- Saleen grille -- C/S Front Valence -- Custom matte black stripes -- DG custom Louvers --
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-26-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangfacts View Post
I would have been much happier if Ford would have replaced Sync altogether with existing better exterior 1/4 panels, etc. that aren't the cheapest of cheap plastics where you can take your pinky to push it in, better halogen headlamps, and just average heated seats that heat. I'm all for technology, but not at the expense of installing cheap parts elsewhere on the Stang.

Sorry but I really don't see any relevance in this. I highly doubt ford had to find places to cut costs in the body panels to cover the costs of tech options which are available pretty much across the whole ford product line for years now.

post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-26-2011
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrh0341 View Post
Sorry but I really don't see any relevance in this. I highly doubt ford had to find places to cut costs in the body panels to cover the costs of tech options which are available pretty much across the whole ford product line for years now.
Point taken, but lots of owners don't even use Sync. In order for FMC to keep the price of the vehicle low they have to cut corners somewhere. I just gave 3 perfect examples.

I don't find Sync user friendly compared to the technology I use for other vehicles I own. No doubt some owners will disagree, but we all are entitled to our opinions.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-26-2011
PONY Member

Text messaging has always worked for me. Probably because I am just using a motorola razr flip, one of the most widely supported phones out there. But never any issues from day one.

2012 GT Grabber Blue Vert, 6MT
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-26-2011
GT Member

It's disappointing that Apple won't allow that on iPhones. Would be nice to have.
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
It's disappointing that Apple won't allow that on iPhones. Would be nice to have.
Actually, Im glad... Last thing I need while driving is text coming through,beside the fact it's illegal,why would I want THAT additional distraction while I'm behind the wheel? Guess I like my ride too much and don't want to increase the odds of a distracted accident..

Case in point: last year I was heading to work at 8am,I was just moving with rush hour traffic.... so I check my rear facing mirror as I approach a red light and notice this bmw sedan coming in a lil too fast; next thing i know is this idiot plowing into the back of my truck!!! she was on the phone in some conversation... first thing she says to me when she gets out her wrecked beamer is"you're an idiot,why did you just stop like that ( she did not even realise that lights had turned red) she also insisted on calling the cops and report the accident,she was charged with distracted driving,found at fault in the accident and ticketed and I found out later through my broker that her insurance declined her claim and found her at fault... yeah I need text in my car like I need cancer in my lungs.

2011 GTCS Candy Red;Premium leather interior package, Remote start, security package, upgraded speakers, 6MT 3:55. 35% tint all around, Borla "S" axle backs, & clear corners.
The rest is all FORD
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Implosive View Post
My text messaging works with my galaxy s II, but it didn't work when I had the regular galaxy s
Wtf?! Did you get an unlocked version from Europe? Cause it only just came out in the US on ATT, Tmobile, and Sprint... and my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 doesn't work with the 2011 Mustang GT Sync for texting.

2012 Mustang GT Premium (Manual), Sterling Gray, Brembo Package, 3.73 gears, Electronics Package, Comfort Package, HIDs, backup camera, Koni Yellows, Steeda Sport springs, Steeda HD mounts, UMI panhard bar, Borla S-Type catbacks, MGW shifter, Driveshaft Shop carbon fiber driveshaft, RTR wheels, Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Roush front fascia, DG Custom hidden fog billet grille, Roush lower billet grille, Roush front and side splitters, DG Custom quarter window louvers, GT500 rear diffuser
PONY Member

I see that at least the european version (the original) of the galaxy S 2 supports MAP (their developer site lists device specs).

So I'd guess my newer AT&T Galaxy S 2 does too. So it seems like Sync is the reason my texting doesn't work with the car... with my 2011 I'm stuck with v3.1 of Sync. I'm betting the compatibility issues is on Ford's side, not Samsung's.

2012 Mustang GT Premium (Manual), Sterling Gray, Brembo Package, 3.73 gears, Electronics Package, Comfort Package, HIDs, backup camera, Koni Yellows, Steeda Sport springs, Steeda HD mounts, UMI panhard bar, Borla S-Type catbacks, MGW shifter, Driveshaft Shop carbon fiber driveshaft, RTR wheels, Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Roush front fascia, DG Custom hidden fog billet grille, Roush lower billet grille, Roush front and side splitters, DG Custom quarter window louvers, GT500 rear diffuser
PONY Member

No iPhone? Wtf....

2012 Black MCA, HID package, Steeda splitter, Airaid cold air intake, AM Hood struts, FRPP Sport axle back, Soon : matching lower grille, MMD tailight surrounds and tint.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
Just to confirm.. having an iphone but not using sync because like others I use everything but sync functionality. Does anything in sync functionality work with iphone?

2011 GT Coupe Premium | MT6 | 3.73's | Security Pkg | BREMBO | Comfort
Installed JLT oil catch can, Tint, Beltronics RX45/shifters
Beast3.7

It did on my DroidX but not with my Thunderbolt.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page