Prepare my vehicle - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

Send a message via Skype™ to George54
Post Prepare my vehicle

Hi! Everyone, I am new here. Can anyone tell me that how can i prepare my vehicle for shipping? I am searching for the guidelines and tips that what to do???

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

That all depends on how you plan to ship it and where you are shipping it to. Give us some details. I would start with cleaning it extremely well and then placing some type of shipping wrap around it. It is almost like plastic wrap. But if you are shipping in a closed trailer then not as much need for that.

2011 GT, Blaze Yellow, 3.55's, 19" SVE Drift Wheels, Premium, 55D Springs, J&M Pan Hard Bar, Comfort Group, Security Package, JLT Oil Separator, GT 500 Axle Back, Eleanor Grill, Barefoot Gas Pedal
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

Post Prepere my vehicle

@RADR actually i am planning to ship my vehicle from Boston to Las Vegas. I've decided to move my vehicle through enclosed trailer. Do you think that it might be best for car delivery??? But i think that there are many factors might be harmful for my vehicle. Now let me now that how can i prepare my vehicle for the best transportation?? I need to choose another transport company or not??

Thanks

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by George54 View Post
@RADR actually i am planning to ship my vehicle from Boston to Las Vegas. I've decided to move my vehicle through enclosed trailer. Do you think that it might be best for car delivery??? But i think that there are many factors might be harmful for my vehicle. Now let me now that how can i prepare my vehicle for the best transportation?? I need to choose another transport company or not??

Thanks
how long is the delivery going to take?

2011 GT Coupe Premium | MT6 | 3.73's | Security Pkg | BREMBO | Comfort
Installed JLT oil catch can, Tint, Beltronics RX45/shifters
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfromalbany View Post
how long is the delivery going to take?
Actually, I don't know how much time it will take to ship my vehicle but I want to ship my vehicle within 3 days if possible. Because i am looking for the fast and secure moving services. You can suggest me about reliable companies or services provider. I am worried because first time i am going to hire transport company.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by George54 View Post
Actually, I don't know how much time it will take to ship my vehicle but I want to ship my vehicle within 3 days if possible. Because i am looking for the fast and secure moving services. You can suggest me about reliable companies or services provider. I am worried because first time i am going to hire transport company.
I don't know of any companies in the states, but when I moved out west I had my RX-7 in the semi that had my furniture. The moving guys take special precautions with the car to make sure it doesn't go no where. I suggest a real good wax as there will be moving blankets covering the car.

Other than that, the driver himself is responsible for any damaged so I wouldn't be too worried.

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
-2008 Mazda Mazda3 GT Sport - Stock, 5MT.
-2004 Volvo XC90 T5 - Comfort pkg, safety pkg.
-1995 Infiniti G20 - Sold, Pioneer head unit, lighting mods, miss it dearly.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite_Deforce View Post
I don't know of any companies in the states, but when I moved out west I had my RX-7 in the semi that had my furniture. The moving guys take special precautions with the car to make sure it doesn't go no where. I suggest a real good wax as there will be moving blankets covering the car.

Other than that, the driver himself is responsible for any damaged so I wouldn't be too worried.
I would like to say thanks for your suggestion. I've got reliable company services in Boston and really appreciate it. My friend helped me to find it. Through this company i have got reliable quotes and shipped my vehicle within 2 days rather than 3 or more. I suggest you that you can also get quick services whenever you need for shipping from Boston.

Boston Auto transport
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011
SHELBY GT 350 Member
Classic Member

By the way everybody, George54 is an auto transport spam bot. It's a computer program talking to you, not a real person. So just ignore it.

67 coupe--5.0
69 Mach 1 428 SCJ with drag pack
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizer View Post
By the way everybody, George54 is an auto transport spam bot. It's a computer program talking to you, not a real person. So just ignore it.
Not sure how you know its a bot but I agree that all but one of "his" posts are related to auto transport and that one other is completely generic.

If its a Mustang owner/fan plugging his company, he should make that clear. If it is a bot, it should be banned; no need for members to waste time trying to help some bot with a made up issue.

2016 Oxford White GT Premium, Performance Package w/silver wheels, 401A, Premier Redline trim, Adaptive Cruise, NAV, Reverse sensing
SHELBY GT 350 Member
Classic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
Not sure how you know its a bot but I agree that all but one of "his" posts are related to auto transport and that one other is completely generic.

If its a Mustang owner/fan plugging his company, he should make that clear. If it is a bot, it should be banned; no need for members to waste time trying to help some bot with a made up issue.
There has been a rash of auto transport bots lately in the classic forums. I've reported all their posts, including George's twice, and have yet to see any action taken.

I'm an administrator in a forum based out of my town and we have horrible problems with bots. When you deal with them all the time you recognize them immediately as they have distinguishing characteristics, and George is as cliche as they go. I could give you a dissertation on posting style and behavior of bots, but instead I'll just tell you that when I went to the profile information of a different bot, it's 'real' name was "George54." So, go figure. It just means they're all auto-transport bots and they're all originating from the same place.

Bots come onto forums as new members and start to make generic and non-sensical posts to 'fit in' so they seem like a real poster. Then they finally slip in their spam link, just as George did. Sometimes this is because some forums have now (including mine) implemented anti-spam measures where the first X posts of a new poster have to be approved. Bots get around this by posting the generic and non-sensical (but non-spamming nonetheless) posts until the posts are no longer under review. Regardless, a savvy admin or moderator can identify a bot usually by its second, if not first post and deny the post.

67 coupe--5.0
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-09-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizer View Post
Mister! What you want? I am not promoting any site but i would say that i am living in Boston and related to different auto transport companies. I ship my vehicles at daily base. I know better about some of those companies and their bots. I no need to share this link but i just to tell my viewers that this is also best for choose if they are looking for best shipping in Boston.
Second thing that you have mention in this post that there is no email id in my profile so i want to tell you that i don't want to share my personal information with others because i don't want to contact anyone through my personal emails. I am just sharing and posting knowledge. Yes one question now you'll ask to me is that if i knew all about it so why i asked here?
Because i wanted to know that how much people know about it?
That's clear. If you have any question about it so i am here.
Last thing, I love my Boston city and there is no forum which is unrelevent to auto transport and mostly post are too old.
If you think that i am a bot yet so i am ready to leave this site. Otherwise you can blocked as a senior member and i respect your decision. Because i think that I've no experience and knowledge that how to talk in forum.

Thanks.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-09-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

When i joined this forum i didn't know that here is already one person the name of "George54"
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-09-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

I am still waiting your response.
SHELBY GT 350 Member
Classic Member

Verdict: TOTALLY a bot.

Exhibit A: Check out the profile of fellow bot RichardA92:

Ford Mustang Forums - View Profile: RichardA92

Exhibit B: George54's real name listed under his profile: "George Eric." Name listed for his MySpace: Charles Miller.

Exhibit 3: Meet bot Charle Miller: Ford Mustang Forums - View Profile: Charle Miller

Who posts here: https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...s-houston.html

Exhibit 4: NOBODY does MySpace or AIM anymore, let alone Yahoo messenger. These are all auto-entries.

Exhibit 5: All three of the bots stated above have a hard on for auto transport

Mods get these goddamn bot spammers out of here.

Read up:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_bot

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chatterbot

67 coupe--5.0
SHELBY GT 350 Member

George54 How cool is this? I'm glad you don't have the MT-82

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page