What color stripes, and which exhaust? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

What color stripes, and which exhaust?

So I am trying to plan out some things I want to do to my stang in advance, and would really appreciate some input. I am going to be buying this stuff in advance so it is here when the car arrives, and while I have the funds to do so

I have pretty much decided that the Roush AB's are what I am going to go with for the exhaust, as well as an Airaid intake, and BAMA tunes for performance.

I definitely want to get some stripes, and I really like the grabber blue stripes on black, or matte black on black. My car is a 2012 GT Black with 401A grabber blue and black interior. I think the grabber blue stripes on the exterior would go nicely with the grabber blue seat striping. But the matte black stripes look amazing as well. What do you guys think, I would greatly appreciate some input here, as I am very excited to do a few personal touches to my car when I get it, just to make it a little unique.

Also, those of you with the Roush AB's, would you still choose this exhaust if you had the chance to do it over again? Thanks very much for any input you all are willing to give me! I can't wait for this thing to arrive! I promise pics when it does

2012 Mustang GT Premium, Black, GB and Black Interior, 6AT, Electronics Package, Backup Cam, Comfort Package, HIDs, Remote start, Reverse Sensors, 19" wheels...

Ordered: 10/05/2011 Delivered: 12/31/2011 Picked Up: 1/2/2012
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I think that would look great.....! Get the gloss stripes.... I've heard the satin or flat are hard to take care of and pick up wax and other stains..... Grabber Blue and Black go great together....! And I have the Roush axel backs, love them....! Regards

Grabber Blue 2012 GT Mustang, 6 spd manual, basic model 300A, no options, charcoal black interior. On order 04/21/11. VIN received 05/26/11. Build date 06/08/11, delivered to dealer 06/21/11. Picked up 6/29 after black stripes installed by dealer. Roush axle backs installed.... Added OEM strut tower brace..... On the road......!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Wow I really like how your car looks! It's the exact opposite of what I want to do Got any bigger pics of yours?? Thanks for the input!

2012 Mustang GT Premium, Black, GB and Black Interior, 6AT, Electronics Package, Backup Cam, Comfort Package, HIDs, Remote start, Reverse Sensors, 19" wheels...

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12 View Post
Wow I really like how your car looks! It's the exact opposite of what I want to do Got any bigger pics of yours?? Thanks for the input!
Yep, here you go....hope this works.... Regards
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3960sized.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	141.2 KB
ID:	144658   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3958sized.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	254.3 KB
ID:	144659  

Grabber Blue 2012 GT Mustang, 6 spd manual, basic model 300A, no options, charcoal black interior. On order 04/21/11. VIN received 05/26/11. Build date 06/08/11, delivered to dealer 06/21/11. Picked up 6/29 after black stripes installed by dealer. Roush axle backs installed.... Added OEM strut tower brace..... On the road......!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011
Apprentice
S197 Member

I saw a black GT with Grabber Blue stripes and it was awesome. Go for it.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011
Apprentice

Stick with the satin black stripe. Looks better than gloss in IMHO. I have them.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011
SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Look at Fox Granite's member profile. He has mirror image (lucky bastage) 2011 GT's one Grabber blue with black stripes and 1 black with grabber blue stripes. That black with the grabber blue looks sa-weeet

Hers:2012 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Kona Blue Exterior/Charcoal Interior, 400A, HID/Security Pkg ,Comfort Pkg.
[COLOR="DimGray"][B]His: 2014 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Sterling Gray Exterior/Charcoal Interior,400A, Reverse Sensing/Security Pkg, Comfort Pkg SMR# 3635
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011
PONY Member

Dark grey on black.

Or if you want gloss black on black, just send me the $500 and I'll just tell you that they are there.

2014 Sterling Grey 5.0 Brembo
* ROUSH Axle-Back Exhaust
* JLT Oil Separator (Passenger)
* RAXIOM Tail Light Sequencer
* ARAID Race CAI
* BAMA Tune (91-Perf / 93-Race)
* 20% Tint

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011
PONY Member

Blue stripes on blk stripes

12' RR GT | FORD RACING | JBA | CERVINI | ROUSH | KONI | H&R | 3DCARBON | C&L | AMRs | BREMBO | CDC
PONY Member

I think the Blue stripes look great on black car. I remember seeing a picture of one somewhere... Anyway when I first heard of that combo I thought the blue would stick out to much, but after seeing it I liked it, but I think it will get extremes in opinions, either it will be loved or hated.

I have the Roush A/B on mine and love them. I had a chance yesterday to follow my car for a few miles and hearing it from behind was crazy! It sounded like a race car but idles like a regular exhaust. I have always felt it had a raspy sound and hearing it from behind solidified that opinion. It is very raspy! My wife only had it to about 4500rpm and about 3/4 throttle so I can only imagine what it sounds like screaming through the gears!

2011 Roush Stage 2 Convertible Race Red with painted gloss black stripes, Charcoal Interior-Roush # 11-0306
Bama Tuned, Roush Front and Rear Brake Kit, Roush Exhaust with Square tips, 20" wheels, Roush seating with Red stitching
Roush Billet Grille matching lower 3 piece, Matte Black side and top stripes, White Face Gauge cluster, Convertible Light Bar Purchased 27Dec2010
Dyno'd 401 HP/ 390 Ft lbs at the wheels
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

My car is black as well, and I am on the fence about doing stripes on it. I was thinking of matte silver....
The good thing is I work at a graphics company and do car wraps as part of my job so I can try out all kinds of widths and colors before I put them on permanently

Oh yeah....op, check out videos on Youtube of the hushpowers, I have them and I think they sound really good.

2015 Gt with perf pack/Guard Green/MBRP race exhaust/Steeda shifter bracket/ ....... more to come

Originally Posted by cudaman ........
Let's hope you don't have the same problem with your zipper and your fueling rod, should you run into another female in a Camaro that needs genetic gas.
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via MSN to fox_granit
ok I have the Roush axle backs and I love them. Just installed them this weekend, and it makes the 5.0 sound as it should.

My wife's car is black with Grabber Blue stripes, though paint is better, you can get vinyl from your dealer. Attaching photos at the bottom.

thanks for the shout out slorydn1!

2x 2011 GT Premiums, 401a, #4 package, tint and stripes

Yeah owning two 5.0s is awesome, but you want to know what's better?
Having a wife who knows how to drive them!
Apprentice

Matte black on black. Check my thread I put up yesterday. For me it was between matte black and grabber blue. I went with the black stripes because it made the car more aggressive with out making it look like it was trying.

Edelbrock 1588 supercharger w/ competition intake & Custom BBR tune 542rwhp/470rtq @ 5psi -- Barton shifter, bracket and shift knob -- Steeda Ultralights -- Saleen grille -- C/S Front Valence -- Custom matte black stripes -- DG custom Louvers --
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I think the grabber blue stripes might be the way to go. Especially after seeing fox granit's pictures (your cars look amazing). The Roush exhaust is also what I will more than likely be installing, especially since that will allow me to save some money for other goodies (the borla mufflers are significantly more)

I am told the ETA is December 27th, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page