Roush Supercharger installed! Finally! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Roush Supercharger installed! Finally!

After delay, after delay, after delay all through out Thanksgiving week...

My dealership finally got my Roush supercharger installed. Of course, 12 hours after I get it back we get rain. I'm happy either way! I had them install GT500 axelbacks and it sounds absolutely dirty, rotten, and nasty when you jump on it. I LOVE IT!

Now that I have my new car... It's time to begin to slowly mod it! I'm going to go with some wider tires and suspension upgrades this spring when the streets are more amenable.

I went out to the parking lot during lunch and snapped a few pics and prettied them up.

After more than a week of driving a Fusion loaner car getting into my car last night was pure sex. This is my first Ford product EVER. And I think I'm gonna to like it.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Engine.jpg
Views:	1556
Size:	418.4 KB
ID:	144700   Click image for larger version

Name:	The Car Email.jpg
Views:	1463
Size:	461.5 KB
ID:	144701  

NoVA just means Northern Virginia
VMP Tuned Roush 79mm Pulley ID1000 injectors & JLT Intake GT500 Axlebacks UMI Panhard Bar, LCAs, & UCAs
Steeda Ultralite Springs Koni STR.Ts 19x11 Gloss Gunmetal Forgestar CF10s 2012 GT Premium 401A Black&Brick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011
PONY Member

Looks like a nice clean install, congratulations!!!

1989 LX 5.0 T5-Hers
1996 GT 4.6 T-45-His

post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011
GT Member

mmmmm.....*drool*

Current 2012 Lexus RX350 & 2011 Ford Escape XLT

Previous
2012 Grabber Blue, GT Prem, Sold 8/20/2012

New Build:
2014 Ingot Silver Focus ST ST2 W/ Moonroof and Blue Recaro Inserts: Ordered 05/22/2014

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011
GT Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

haha, lookings outstanding! Nothing like a S/C

'05 Blk Prem V6 Roush Styled, X-Charged, & Highly Modified Sold
'06 Torch Red Prem GT

Show: SGT Grille, SGT Lower Fogs, GT500 Chin Spoiler & Trunk Spoiler, GT Hood Scoop/Side Scoops, Powered By Ford Fender Badges, Quarter Window Louvers, Sequential TL, '13 Painted Mirrors, '10 Style GT500 Rims.
Suspension: GT500 Strut Mounts, Koni STR.T shocks/struts, SR 1.5" Springs, SR Rear LCAs, J&M Adjust PHB.
Exhaust: SLP LoudMouth1s.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Let hear that beast.

BD 11/15/11, ETA 11/26, Delivered 11/23, received 11/28
2012 Base v6, Grabber Blue, Manual, exterior sport appearance package, stripe delete, MT82
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011
GT Member
5.0L Member

WOW man, thats gonna be wicked fast!!

Just an old ford...

post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011
PONY Member

digging the sleeper look as is.

2007 ROUSH M90 Supercharged Mustang GT
2011 Vortech V-3 Si-Trim Mustang GT
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011
PONY Member
S197 Member

Congratulations

2011 GT Preminum, Red Candy Metallic, 4.10, Electronics, Rear View, Comfort, Security, Borla, 20" Saleen, FRPP springs, CS front valance w/fogs, Roush billet grille, Roush TVS 625hp, Kooks LT's and Catted H Pipe, Tremec Magumn XL, McLeod RXT, AutoMeter Gauges, Dynotech DS, Steeda adjustable UCA, Steeda adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCA's, Steeda A/O Separator, Tokico D-Specs, Raptor Shift Light, engine by Shrader Performance, Tune by ProDyno, 643rwhp, 548lb/ft tq
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011
SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Sweet ride, congrats

Hers:2012 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Kona Blue Exterior/Charcoal Interior, 400A, HID/Security Pkg ,Comfort Pkg.
[COLOR="DimGray"][B]His: 2014 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Sterling Gray Exterior/Charcoal Interior,400A, Reverse Sensing/Security Pkg, Comfort Pkg SMR# 3635
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVA_Mike View Post
My dealership finally got my Roush supercharger installed. Of course, 12 hours after I get it back we get rain.
Same thing happened to me. Got a couple weeks of rain after getting my Roush blower installed. Now that we've had some dry weather, can't stay away from my pony.

With the stock Roush tune, and auto trans, I know my car is less potent than many blown 5.0's. Nevertheless, it feels great - perfect combination of daily driver smoothness and very exciting power. I'm reluctant to get into the 600+ HP region with this engine - maybe a few years down the road. Anyway, I'm sure you're gonna love your new toy.

Sidenote - I also installed Roush hood struts. What a pleasure to get rid of the hood support stick. Should have done this a year ago. Highly recommended. Oh yeah, I also put on the "Roushcharged" hood decals, for a non-stealth look.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4505 1280x.jpg
Views:	1835
Size:	952.9 KB
ID:	144718   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4510 1280x.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	741.9 KB
ID:	144719  

2011 GT Coupe - candy red, auto, all the options
Mods - Roush supercharger, FRPP Sport axle-back mufflers, Forgestar CF5 gloss black staggered wheels
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannapony View Post
Same thing happened to me. Got a couple weeks of rain after getting my Roush blower installed. Now that we've had some dry weather, can't stay away from my pony.

With the stock Roush tune, and auto trans, I know my car is less potent than many blown 5.0's. Nevertheless, it feels great - perfect combination of daily driver smoothness and very exciting power. I'm reluctant to get into the 600+ HP region with this engine - maybe a few years down the road. Anyway, I'm sure you're gonna love your new toy.

Sidenote - I also installed Roush hood struts. What a pleasure to get rid of the hood support stick. Should have done this a year ago. Highly recommended. Oh yeah, I also put on the "Roushcharged" hood decals, for a non-stealth look.

wannapony; what kind of HP numbers are you seeing now? and also a ballpark price to have the work done?
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dly2k1 View Post
wannapony; what kind of HP numbers are you seeing now? and also a ballpark price to have the work done?
Stock Roush tune is 540 HP flywheel, around 460 rear wheels. Similar to FRPP 525 HP street tune. At that HP level, you get warranty. Go up to higher HP levels, no warranty. Labor for Roush blower installation, plus pressure gauge, was $1250 at Roush-certified Ford dealership. You can get 10% off Roush list price for blower by joining Roush Road Crew for $35/yr. Or, talk dealer into same discount. The installation is quite complex, not for the faint of heart.

While these HP levels don't sound like much compared to some of the killer cars on this forum, the car feels like a rocket and you need to use some discretion about when & where to get on it. Fortunately I live close to some nice back country roads!

2011 GT Coupe - candy red, auto, all the options
Mods - Roush supercharger, FRPP Sport axle-back mufflers, Forgestar CF5 gloss black staggered wheels
Apprentice

so did you pay this in cash the SC kit + labor or was it added to the monthly payment or totally seperate from ford ?

2012 Black Mustang Premium*Lava Red Interior*Brembo Pkg*Hid Pkg*Security Pkg = HAPPINNESS
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I purchased the car with the supercharger as a dealer installed option. I had already obtained financing through my credit union. For the supercharger plus installation it was $5500 added to the price I haggled them down to (I was also upside down on my trade in).

My out the door price was essentially the MSRP for a GT Premium automatic with the electronics package.

NoVA just means Northern Virginia
VMP Tuned Roush 79mm Pulley ID1000 injectors & JLT Intake GT500 Axlebacks UMI Panhard Bar, LCAs, & UCAs
Steeda Ultralite Springs Koni STR.Ts 19x11 Gloss Gunmetal Forgestar CF10s 2012 GT Premium 401A Black&Brick
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVA_Mike View Post
I purchased the car with the supercharger as a dealer installed option. I had already obtained financing through my credit union. For the supercharger plus installation it was $5500 added to the price I haggled them down to (I was also upside down on my trade in).

My out the door price was essentially the MSRP for a GT Premium automatic with the electronics package.
$5500 installed is great with the warranty that is, now where do I go to get it done, I am in NOVA aswell

:kooky:
Past
2012 Mustang GT - Prem, 392 Rwhp
GTO ( LS2) 498rwhp ( the best car seats)
Z06 (the widest rear tires)
CTS-V :shiny: (no options left behind)
TSX ( a great commuter)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page