wheel hop prevention - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie
5.0L Member
S197 Member

wheel hop prevention

Hi guys, I'm looking for a kit to prevent wheel hop and get all of this new found power to the ground. Looking at the Roush 3rd link wheel hop reduction kit and the Steeda "stop the hop" kit. What has been found to be the best kit? Thank you

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmag View Post
Hi guys, I'm looking for a kit to prevent wheel hop and get all of this new found power to the ground. Looking at the Roush 3rd link wheel hop reduction kit and the Steeda "stop the hop" kit. What has been found to be the best kit? Thank you
Depends on goals.

1) control wheel hop, no NVH - Roush cost $300

2) eliminate wheel hop and truly plant tires to the ground on take off, cornering etc...Look to more complete solution such as BMR or Steeda.

UCA, UCA Mount, LCA and LCA relo brackets if car is lowered. Poly non adjustable works good with very minimal NVH. $500-1000

Ultimate grip - adj with rod ends. Plants like nothing else but is very noisy.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to drifter18533434
I installed J&M lower rear control arms for $99-- got 'em from American muscle with free shiipping-- They were easy to put on and they took care of my wheel-hop problems-- now I get only a straight line and NO side hops..

$99 !!

4.10 gears-- boss manifold- bama tunes-6sd manuel-- 19"wheels, staggered-Roush CAI--J&M LCA--- Alum 1pc driveline--93 oct fuel only
-Pypes LTH w/catted X pipe GT500 Muffs-- BBG TB 85mm--Moroso coolant alum tank

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011
PONY Member
5.0L Member

I just switched from J&M Extreme Joint LCA's to BMR LCA's with the regular bushings and the relocation brackets. I also switched the PHBs as well.

The J&M Extreme Joints was an awesome product and eliminated all wheel hop. My problem was they didn't make the relocation brackets... or much else for that matter.

I will say the J&M phb is a piece of crap compared to the BMR. It took me forever to get the lock nuts fully tight and then I wasn't very confident.

I would go BMR all the way. They have a wide product line and they have high quality products. I noticed very little NVH with any of the products....

2003 Sonic Blue Mustang SVT Cobra - 460RWHP - 480ftlbs

SOLD - 2011 Kona Blue Mustang GT 401RWHP SAE - 12.64s @ 114.48mph

SOLD - 2003 Redfire Mustang GT
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Our UPR Pro Street control arms eliminate wheel hop and they ride nicely on the street. I daily drive them on my '06 GT, but we also run them on our 9-second 2010 GT.

They are only $179 with the AFM discount, and they carry a lifetime guarantee.

2005-2010 Ford Mustang GT V6 Chrome Moly Street Upper & Lower Control Arm Package - UPR Products

Like us at Facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
Ask me about the discount on UPR Products for AFM members!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-09-2011
Apprentice

added the steeda billet lower arms and steeda upper control arm and mount and it killed 95% of hop on dry surface including cold weather, but in the rain it still hops about 25% decrease...i can live with that however the uca increased the rear end whine on the freeway and clunking on shifts and takeoffs, and i even have the street poly bushings...i am thinking about removing the uca because of the noise and maybe trying all season tires instead of the summer only pirellis which came on the brembo cars as the car only hops in cold or wet. The lowers alone did not really change the hop maybe only a little less violent, and only added minimal noise which was not bad but the upper for me added way too much noise. Other members have no added nvh and i dont know how i wish i didnt. I also heard lowering the car or adding all season tires in cold/winter also kills the hop.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-09-2011
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY20115.0 View Post
added the steeda billet lower arms and steeda upper control arm and mount and it killed 95% of hop on dry surface including cold weather, but in the rain it still hops about 25% decrease...i can live with that however the uca increased the rear end whine on the freeway and clunking on shifts and takeoffs, and i even have the street poly bushings...i am thinking about removing the uca because of the noise and maybe trying all season tires instead of the summer only pirellis which came on the brembo cars as the car only hops in cold or wet. The lowers alone did not really change the hop maybe only a little less violent, and only added minimal noise which was not bad but the upper for me added way too much noise. Other members have no added nvh and i dont know how i wish i didnt. I also heard lowering the car or adding all season tires in cold/winter also kills the hop.
Did you adjust the pinion angle after installing the UCAs? I read that installing the UCAs is supposed to help get rid of the driveline clunking... I planned on buying it and wont be interested if it increases the clunking.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-09-2011
Apprentice

i had it professionally installed..i am not sure the angle they set it at, I should check the angle to make sure it is ok before removing it you are right, i believe it should be at -2
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-09-2011
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY20115.0 View Post
i had it professionally installed..i am not sure the angle they set it at, I should check the angle to make sure it is ok before removing it you are right, i believe it should be at -2
I'm not sure on the angle... I would call the manufacturer and check it out before removing it...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page