Lets See Those Winter Beaters! - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

Winter beaters

Here's my GT with Blizzaks for Delaware's 1 week of snow. If that doesn't cut it I've got my wife's Cx7. If that doesn't cut it I work from home.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030264.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	759.1 KB
ID:	144785  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyjoker77 View Post
whats better in winter than a 300hp rally car =)

Where is the 300hp rally car? Isn't that a front wheel drive Celica?

SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat, not exactly a beater, it's my goin' to work vehicle while my wife hogs the Mustang, lol.
Pic is my truck at work during a lull in Hurricane Irene.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG00603-20110826-1805.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	894.2 KB
ID:	144789  

Hers:2012 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Kona Blue Exterior/Charcoal Interior, 400A, HID/Security Pkg ,Comfort Pkg.
[COLOR="DimGray"][B]His: 2014 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Sterling Gray Exterior/Charcoal Interior,400A, Reverse Sensing/Security Pkg, Comfort Pkg SMR# 3635

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011gt85 View Post
Where is the 300hp rally car? Isn't that a front wheel drive Celica?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Celica_GT-Four

Nope its a st205 GT-four, a homologation model so toyota could race them in the WRC back in the 90s. Quite a big difference from the crap toyota sold over here. It's powered by a 3sgte the same motor from the MR2 but equipped with a water to air top mount intercooler and a much bigger turbo. Factory rated at 260hp but the fuel system is easily capable of supporting 330+hp which is easily reachable by nothing else than byassing the factory boost control. The car dominated in the WRC untill they got caught cheating.

I will confess I'm a bit of a addict for any of the old WRC cars and also own a ST185 A-spec GT-four for those really snowy days when I need a extra inch ground clearance

My garage:
12 V6 pony package
98 Eclipse GST
94 Celica Gt-4 (st205)
91 Celica Gt-4 (st185)
91 MR-2 G-Limited
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyjoker77 View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Celica_GT-Four

Nope its a st205 GT-four, a homologation model so toyota could race them in the WRC back in the 90s. Quite a big difference from the crap toyota sold over here. It's powered by a 3sgte the same motor from the MR2 but equipped with a water to air top mount intercooler and a much bigger turbo. Factory rated at 260hp but the fuel system is easily capable of supporting 330+hp which is easily reachable by nothing else than byassing the factory boost control. The car dominated in the WRC untill they got caught cheating.

I will confess I'm a bit of a addict for any of the old WRC cars and also own a ST185 A-spec GT-four for those really snowy days when I need a extra inch ground clearance

Ah I know your car and I also know the other 2 cars in your pic. I'm in med hat! What mustang do you drive? And do you go to the mustang meets ever?
GT Member

Here is mine, a 1990 Toyota V6 4x4. That is how much snow we had on Oct. 30 and it was all gone 3 weeks later.

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slorydn1 View Post
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat, not exactly a beater, it's my goin' to work vehicle while my wife hogs the Mustang, lol.
Pic is my truck at work during a lull in Hurricane Irene.
I am fearful for when my wife has to drive the mustang....the most powerful car she's ever driven is a 2004 Toyota Corolla..

Current 2012 Lexus RX350 & 2011 Ford Escape XLT

Previous
2012 Grabber Blue, GT Prem, Sold 8/20/2012

New Build:
2014 Ingot Silver Focus ST ST2 W/ Moonroof and Blue Recaro Inserts: Ordered 05/22/2014
Rookie

Here is mine. -16C today but with Michelin Xice 2 tires and a V6 automatic it drives around with no problems.

SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYeti View Post
I am fearful for when my wife has to drive the mustang....the most powerful car she's ever driven is a 2004 Toyota Corolla..
Ouch. Yeah my wife is used to having some power and torque under her right foot (224hp in the grand and 300hp in the truck) but obviously nothing anywhere near as explosive as the 'stang. But she is used to havin to feather the throttle on a V8 powered RWD vehicle on a crappy day, and without traction control to boot. Now, if only I can convince her that the TC button is not to be touched except by me, LOL....

Hers:2012 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Kona Blue Exterior/Charcoal Interior, 400A, HID/Security Pkg ,Comfort Pkg.
[COLOR="DimGray"][B]His: 2014 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Sterling Gray Exterior/Charcoal Interior,400A, Reverse Sensing/Security Pkg, Comfort Pkg SMR# 3635
Apprentice

Oh Arizona. How I love not having to... wait a minute. Man Flagstaff got hit hard this last weekend with snow. She stays mostly down in the valley though unless I'm up in flag visiting.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMAG0181.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	727.6 KB
ID:	144807  
PONY Member

Those AWD Celicas were sick

:kooky:
Past
2012 Mustang GT - Prem, 392 Rwhp
GTO ( LS2) 498rwhp ( the best car seats)
Z06 (the widest rear tires)
CTS-V :shiny: (no options left behind)
TSX ( a great commuter)
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slorydn1 View Post
Ouch. Yeah my wife is used to having some power and torque under her right foot (224hp in the grand and 300hp in the truck) but obviously nothing anywhere near as explosive as the 'stang. But she is used to havin to feather the throttle on a V8 powered RWD vehicle on a crappy day, and without traction control to boot. Now, if only I can convince her that the TC button is not to be touched except by me, LOL....
yeah, I keep trying to tell her this isnt like any other car she's driven. She thinks I am being a lil ridiculous when I tell her before she can take it out I need to ride with her.

I finally hit the 100 mile mark and did a WOT pull and sure enough...the back end got a lil loose....which confirms....I need to be there when she takes her first drive.....might even have to set the mykey :laughlitt

Current 2012 Lexus RX350 & 2011 Ford Escape XLT

Previous
2012 Grabber Blue, GT Prem, Sold 8/20/2012

New Build:
2014 Ingot Silver Focus ST ST2 W/ Moonroof and Blue Recaro Inserts: Ordered 05/22/2014
Apprentice

2012 Mustang GT 5.0

Premium GT *** Performance White *** Brick Red interior *** Brembo brakes package *** 401A *** comfort package *** 6 speed MT *** 3.55 rear axle *** ROUSH ABs
PONY Member

Well, I dont exacty call it a beater, but when I cant put the top down... it has to do! Fortunately we dont see to many "snow days" here in Atlanta and the real cold (by our standards) only stays around a few days at a time.

2011 Roush Stage 2 Convertible Race Red with painted gloss black stripes, Charcoal Interior-Roush # 11-0306
Bama Tuned, Roush Front and Rear Brake Kit, Roush Exhaust with Square tips, 20" wheels, Roush seating with Red stitching
Roush Billet Grille matching lower 3 piece, Matte Black side and top stripes, White Face Gauge cluster, Convertible Light Bar Purchased 27Dec2010
Dyno'd 401 HP/ 390 Ft lbs at the wheels
PONY Member

I don't park any cars. It was 20 degrees today and I drove the GT in the morning then the z06 in the afternoon.

2012 Candy Red GT Premium
2006 Corvette Z06
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page