kona blue with painted calipers? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011 Thread Starter
GT Member

kona blue with painted calipers?

i used to have red on my kona blue but i gotta redo them and i was thinking maybe a different color. do yall think yellow would stick out way to much?? anyone have a picture of one with yellow? last time i painted them while they were on the car, is it hard to take them off and paint them?

2014 Black 5.0 Track Pack with to many mods.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011
PONY Member

I think gold would look better than yellow, or maybe a bright Grabber Blue or even silver. The calipers are only held on with two pins, but you will have to disconnect the brake line if you want to bench paint them. If you never did brake work before, proceed with caution.

2011 Kona Blue/Charcoal GT, 400A Premium,6sp MT, HID's, Security Package, Comfort Package, 3.73's, Koni SRT/SteedaSports+Panhard, GT500 Mufflers
'06 Mazda Tribute,'05 Honda ST1300
'03 Yamaha FZ1000 '98 '00 '02 '04 Ford Expedition
'93 Buick Regal '90 Ford Explorer '87 F-250HD Diesel
'85 Yamaha FJ1100 '83 Honda NightHawk 650
'80 Olds Cutlass '70 Ford LTD
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011 Thread Starter
GT Member

i was thinking more of a goldish yellow and that grabber blue is a good thought to. ive seen a murdered out corvette with that blue and it was nice.

2014 Black 5.0 Track Pack with to many mods.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011
PONY Member

Grabber blue was my thought too. Saw one at Mustang week at Myrtle Beach and it looked good. When I did mine, I just pulled the bolts out, took a piece of wire and suspended it from the suspension so i didnt have to remove them and bleed them out and it worked well. If you wanna add a nice little touch get some running pony logo decals and put on them after you paint them and then clear over it. looks good with out the high cost of the custom calipers.

1989 LX 5.0 T5-Hers
1996 GT 4.6 T-45-His

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page