Ford Mustang Forum banner

Sync Software Version

4K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  FordIVTteam 
#1 ·
Is there a simple way of knowing which version of the Sync software is installed in my car? I (V6 2012 pony, Shaker 500, no navigation)
Thanks!
Gus

Sent from my VTAB1008 using AutoGuide.Com Free

#2 ·
#3 ·
#4 ·
adspru is correct!

"Every now and then even a Squirrel finds a Nut":bigthumbsup

IVT, any information about adding the 2013+ dash with Track Apps to the 2011+ models?

#9 ·
Hi all,

I'll rephrase my original question: is there a way to find out which Sync software version is installed, by looking directly in the audio system, without checking anything in (or using) the Syncmyride website?

The service manager of the dealership I took my pony for an oil change tells me he updated the Sync software for me... and I just want to check this...

Cheers!
Gus

#13 ·
It's been that way since it first came out. It is a real PITA for a non technical person to Update SYNC, if you think it's hard for you, Imagine your neighbor with 12 cats and no computer trying to update Sync in her 09 Flex so it will read text messages from her original RAZR. Rarely do I applaud GM for anything, but updates to their IVT's come through ONStar, no user input at all:winks.

#14 ·
It's been that way since it first came out. It is a real PITA for a non technical person to Update SYNC, if you think it's hard for you, Imagine your neighbor with 12 cats and no computer trying to update Sync in her 09 Flex so it will read text messages from her original RAZR. Rarely do I applaud GM for anything, but updates to their IVT's come through ONStar, no user input at all:winks.
I hear you and agree 100%! Again, Microsoft and Ford should be ashamed!

#15 ·
Yeah I couldn't believe the first time I wanted to see what version I had and if there was an update. It can tell me how to get grandma's house in 50 different ways but we can't update using SYNC, at a minimum at least see what software version is installed? Seriously what was the reason for that? Makes absolutely zero sense.

#16 ·
Is there a simple way of knowing which version of the Sync software is installed in my car? I (V6 2012 pony, Shaker 500, no navigation)
Thanks!
Gus

I made a suggestion to Sync a while back that it would be nice if the unit told you what software was in it rather than going through the convoluted process. And it would be nice to have a conclusive "software update complete" message.

I tried to update mine but I couldn't even be sure it took. The update checking procedure didn't work so it couldn't be verified. What's in it now is anyones guess. I talked to several people at sync and could never get the same answer twice on the proper procedure (the car didn't do what the instructions said it should do and I was told it would take anywhere from a minute to 40 minutes, to engine has to be running the whole time, to it doesn't matter, to it has to be stationary and running....)

Anyway, it all still works and I just gave up. If it needs an upgrade, I'll just take it in. I can program robots but not my radio! Sheesh!

#17 · (Edited)
Technically you can obtain the Auto Version Number through the SYNC system, which translates to the currently installed software version. However, those numbers really only make sense internally, which is why I didn't include this in my original post.

If you'd like to see what I'm talking about, go through the following menu sequence:

Navigation:

PHONE > SETTINGS > ADVANCED > SYSTEM INFORMATION > AUTO VERSION NUMBER

Standard radio:

RETURN > ADVANCED > SYSTEM INFO > AUTO VER NUMBER

Jaclyn

#18 ·
Jaclyn, are you saying if we were to post the "auto ver number" you can tell if we are up to date or not for our year/model?
I'm in the same situation. Gone through the update process but cannot verify the update. After a couple of rounds with customer service I also gave up and just assume it updated.

Lets say an update to 4.02 WAS successful, would this "auto ver number" (EB09745.8.00294_SP0.) be vin specific or will it be the same auto ver number for like year/model?

Also, is 4.02 the most current ver for 2012 Nav GT as I can't tell by the website.
Thanks Jaclyn.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.