Autocrossing at 2012 brembo gt - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsnyng View Post
All off is the competitive way to run. If you've never autocrossed, Sport Mode might not be too bad for your first couple of times out.
I figured I'll do a few runs in sport mode, and then take it off and see how I fair.

Thanks!

2011 5.0 Sterling Grey w/Brembo's - JHR Shifter/Bracket/SS Clutch Line - Eibach Sportlines - Carroll Shelby CC Plates - JLT Catch - Axle-back ex. - BG SS II
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

In my old RX8, I found the partially off stability control quite intrusive, mostly in rapid transitions. Better to lose time and cones learning how your car behaves than setting mediocre ESP-enabled times.

I havent run my 5.0 yet, but Im prepared for serious traction issues. Even though the RX had little power, it was very easy to break the rear end loose with too much throttle. It's always amazing how easy it is to overdrive a car in autocross.

2013 GT 6MT (Black)
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by F91 View Post
I noticed that Vettes were very hard for novices to drive fast.
Yeah, if they donít shift right they may get an unexpected burst of toque and have to compensate.

Also Iíve noticed the cornering limits of the old c6s are a bit sudden and drastic. Ex, like at .8g she corners a good sweeper flat and sharp, push it to .9g still feels planted and sharp, go for 1g and all of a sudden sheís mad as hell and her tail end is kicking and screaming.

Basically, you have to be faster in reacting and knowing when the Vette has reached its limits because its transition from sharp to sloppy is a bit short. (Sport mode on) I'm curious on how that new C7 will fare in this respect.

The 11'+ Mustang (in contrast) have a longer and smoother transition from grip to tail out to spin out lol. Itís why itís so easy for most people to drift and drive closer to the limit without killing themselves lol.

PONY Member

Errr editing on this site is broken. . .
Wanted to add that also lots of power on a small parking lot track? Might be better to bring a mustang or something even smaller MX5? Or try that new F-RS that everyone is raving about lol.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustanglt View Post
I am thinking about running my 2012 Brembo GT w/3:73's this weekend in an Autocross event. Any advice before taking her out. My previous Autocross experience was in a 97 Miata that was a blast. In fact that was the whole reason I upgraded to the GT and also why I wanted the Brembo package. My plan is to add a little air to the tires and just take it easy on the first run and hopefully chip away at my times as the day goes on. My goal is to keep the runs clean and not spin it.

You guys that have already run. Should I turn the Advance Trac completely off or put it in Sport mode?
Just wondering we're you thinking of doing the autocross in Camarillo hosted by the Porsche club of America Santa Barbara chapter? I think it's on April 27th.

2011 5.0: Manual, GT500 mufflers, resonator delete, Borla X Pipe, Roush Springs & Struts, Eibach ProKit Springs, Steeda CAI, Brenspeed tune, Roush Grille, C/S front fascia, Tinted Windows, Smoked Tail Lights, Boss Steering wheel, 20" Forgestar F14 Piano Black, 315 Nitto Invo Tires.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page