Boss 302 exhaust on a GT - Page 7 - Ford Mustang Forum
View Poll Results: Would you put the Boss 302 quad exhaust on your GT?
Heck yea! I love that throaty raw muscle sound coming from the sides! 132 66.00%
Nah...Im cool with the stock system...throw on some axlebacks and call it a day! 56 28.00%
No exhaust for me...I would prefer open headers!! 12 6.00%
Voters: 200. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

At last, my contribution... :
Ford Racing Quad Exhaust - YouTube

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Sounds awesome! I love mine.

ghi
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphalt Cowboy View Post
At last, my contribution... :
Ford Racing Quad Exhaust - YouTube
Thanks AC, this is exactly what I intend on getting done to mine. Awesome vids too much better quality than most ive seen on youtube.

2013 GHIG Auto
Steeda Tune

Rookie

I put the Ford Boss 302 exhaust on my 13 GT with QTP electric cutouts. The kit replaces the factory H pipe with the Boss H pipe section and the rest of the exhaust is stock. With the electric cut outs I can set to factory quiet to full open side dumps or any choice in between. Just dial in the sound you want.
Rookie

Kooks full exhaust http://youtu.be/VJWGFoNMMEg
PONY Member

Garage
Thumbs up

Just installed the Boss 302 exhaust kit. I was late to the party and Ford pulled the plug on the M-5220-MB kit. I searched around, especially on the AFM forum and got the various part numbers and bought them piecemeal from Tousley Ford which is now AutoNation Ford White Bear Lake. They have the best pricing. The packaging could have been better, but I'm probably thinking they should have wrapped it in silk for the price I paid.

Install took a couple hours, and yes, the cat to h-pipe bolts are a pain, but I got the GT h-pipe off with a 1/4 ratchet and a cheater bar. Tight fit. I broke the welds on the clamps from the Boss h-pipe and flipped them over to make the install easier. The side pipe tips sit a little lower on my convertible since I have the chassis braces. I went to Home Depot and got 70mm long 10mm x 1.5 grade 8.8 bolts. Used some washers and the extra rubber grommets that I ordered to fit everything up.

I decided to try them without the restrictor plates first and oh, man, worth every penny. The car growls and the whole exhaust experience has changed for the better. I'm also running GT500 axle backs and left the cats and resonators. I don't think I need to change anything.

I toyed around with the idea of the QTP cutouts, but I'm leaning toward no. The car sounds pretty amazing and I don't think it is too loud. My wife even said, "this car is freakin' awesome". I guess it has the seal of approval.

One thing, I'm not getting the popping and whatnot on downshifting since I have an automatic. It's present a bit, but not like the manual gearboxes.

I gotta say, the quad exhaust is something special and if you are considering it, go ahead. The videos don't really do it justice. Just be quick about it, the parts are drying up.

BTW, the h-pipe and side pipes come with everything you'll need, so don't order all the extra gaskets, etc. You can source the side pipe bolts locally too.

h-pipe CR3Z-5246-A
r sidepipe CR3Z-5254-B
l sidepipe CR3Z-5255-B

I still can't wipe the smile off my face!

2011 Race Red GT vert, 5.0 A6
FRPP ProCal, JLT oil separator, Boss 302 quads w/ Corsa Xtreme axle backs, Koni STR.T (orange), GT500 strut mounts, Steeda Sports, Steeda billet LCAs, Steeda adj UCA, Steeda adj rear swaybar, BMR adj panhard, BMR lca relocation brackets, Boss 302 lower front fascia

Last edited by gManTexas; 04-05-2015 at 12:13 PM.
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbt56 View Post
Those side-exit pipes don't add any power; they're there to add sound, and that's it.
Two of the four reasons why I checked stock. No performance benefit, stock is loud enough for my GoPro to pick up at track days as it is, it's not broken, and I could buy a full set of Michelin PSS tires for the same money.

Norm

'08 GT coupe, 5M, wheels, tires, pads, fluid, a few suspension mods . . . still almost stock height
'19 WRX, 6M (hers)
'01 Maxima 20AE, 5M (spare, winter driver)
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gManTexas View Post
Just installed the Boss 302 exhaust kit. I was late to the party and Ford pulled the plug on the M-5220-MB kit. I searched around, especially on the AFM forum and got the various part numbers and bought them piecemeal from Tousley Ford which is now AutoNation Ford White Bear Lake. They have the best pricing. The packaging could have been better, but I'm probably thinking they should have wrapped it in silk for the price I paid.

Install took a couple hours, and yes, the cat to h-pipe bolts are a pain, but I got the GT h-pipe off with a 1/4 ratchet and a cheater bar. Tight fit. I broke the welds on the clamps from the Boss h-pipe and flipped them over to make the install easier. The side pipe tips sit a little lower on my convertible since I have the chassis braces. I went to Home Depot and got 70mm long 10mm x 1.5 grade 8.8 bolts. Used some washers and the extra rubber grommets that I ordered to fit everything up.

I decided to try them without the restrictor plates first and oh, man, worth every penny. The car growls and the whole exhaust experience has changed for the better. I'm also running GT500 axle backs and left the cats and resonators. I don't think I need to change anything.

I toyed around with the idea of the QTP cutouts, but I'm leaning toward no. The car sounds pretty amazing and I don't think it is too loud. My wife even said, "this car is freakin' awesome". I guess it has the seal of approval.

One thing, I'm not getting the popping and whatnot on downshifting since I have an automatic. It's present a bit, but not like the manual gearboxes.

I gotta say, the quad exhaust is something special and if you are considering it, go ahead. The videos don't really do it justice. Just be quick about it, the parts are drying up.

BTW, the h-pipe and side pipes come with everything you'll need, so don't order all the extra gaskets, etc. You can source the side pipe bolts locally too.

h-pipe CR3Z-5246-A
r sidepipe CR3Z-5254-B
l sidepipe CR3Z-5255-B

I still can't wipe the smile off my face!
i bought the spacers and gaskets, it was an extra $30 or so. It helps the side pipes fit in a better position (with that spacer). i recommend it but its certainly not necessary.

2014 Black 5.0 Track Pack with to many mods.
Rookie

Garage
How much was it all in?

Arthur C. Clarke — 'Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.'
Rookie

Garage
I cant find this system anywhere!

Arthur C. Clarke — 'Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.'
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout5.0 View Post
I cant find this system anywhere!
tascaparts.com

INTERMEDIATE PIPE | Genuine Ford | CR3Z-5254-B

2014 Black 5.0 Track Pack with to many mods.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page