Ford Mustang Forum banner

Vegasboricua702's 2012 V6 Build Journal

5K views 59 replies 14 participants last post by  Vegasboricua702 
#1 ·
Hello world! I will be documenting all my mods that will be going on to my Mustang. I figure this would be better than making little tiny threads.

So yesterday I recieved my first of many shipments from American Muscle. Im very well please how well they packaged my parts. I got in

- Rear Brake Light Tint (44.99)
- 3rd Brake Light Tint (9.99)
- White Retro Shift Knob (34.99)

A buddy and I installed them in less than 45 minutes. Very simple straight forward installed for all the items.

On March 12th, I will be driving down to Tucson, AZ to AIRAID Headquarters to drop off my car for the day to have the AIRAID Cold Air Filter installed. While they are installing it they will be filming my car for thier installation video on installing the part which will be featured on Youtube and thier website. Its a pretty nice deal cause I will be getting a free CAI out of it....well technically since im driving from Las Vegas lol

Later on next week I will be ordering BBK LT Headers and BBK Off-Road X-Pipe from American Muscle.

Stay Tuned and enjoy!

The picture below with my tail lights lit up are with the tints installed. As you can see it doesn't hinder visibility of the lights at all.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Awesome rear tail lights. I installed mine yesterday, I did not like how they looked
I decided to strip them off and I use VHT Nightshades.
It came out awesome. I used 2 coats of nightshades and 6 coats of Dupi Color clear coat. I still have to wet sand with 2000 grit and buff the clear but it looks really good as is.

I hope to see you around town here in Vegas!

#6 ·
Hello world! I will be documenting all my mods that will be going on to my Mustang. I figure this would be better than making little tiny threads.
Good thinking, that's what I've been doing with mine; just one thread with all the mods in.:bigthumbsup

Congrats on the mods and good deal with the Airaid, are they getting a tune too? Make sure to post the video when done.

#7 ·
Good thinking, that's what I've been doing with mine; just one thread with all the mods in.:bigthumbsup

Congrats on the mods and good deal with the Airaid, are they getting a tune too? Make sure to post the video when done.
Don't believe they will be tuning it, but i'm going to try and convince them for them to let me use the dyno once they're done since im driving 6 hours from Las Vegas. If not no worries. I will be getting it dynoed the 24th of March at a local dyno day here :)

I will be posting a video. You can best believe that! :)

#8 ·
So while getting ready for my trip tonight to AIRAID headquarters to get my CAI installed. I ran across a thread on one of the many mustang forums I'm apart of which was advertising an eBay link selling some Eibach lowering springs from Roush overstock. The deal was too good to pass up for $125.00.

I should be getting them between March 19th - 23rd. Look forward for a review on these bad boys and installation pics :)

In the mean time I will be posting tommorow pics, video, and a review of the CAI.

I've provided links below if you guys are interested!

Stay tuned :)

eBay link - 2005-2012 Mustang - Eibach / ROUSH / DUB - Lowering Springs - Complete Set (NEW) | eBay

Svt forum thread - good deal on springs? - Page 2 - SVTPerformance

#9 ·
That's a good deal for the ProKit on ebay. Nice find.

#10 ·
So I'm now back home and the pony is back in the garage till the weekend. I arrived at AIRAID Monday morning at around 6am after leaving Las Vegas at 1am. I went to McDonald's to grab a bite to eat and clean up the car a little bit before dropping it off. David was more than accommodating, they were nice enough to let me use their shop truck for the day while they worked on the car. Work started around 830am and finished at 330pm (2 hours early) The staff was great and even gave me a boatload of AIRAID decals of the garage and the car.6

Now on the way to Phoenix I was VERY impressed with what the V6 got for fuel economy. Of course it was 95% highway. I was going no more than 65mph with the cruise control on through mountains I averaged 28.7 mpg. I got to Phoenix with a couple notches above a 1/4 of a tank. If there were no mountains I'm more than confident that the stang would of achieved 30+mpg.

Once I picked up the car and drove it off the lot out of AIRAID I could instantly feel and hear the difference. It gave my quiet V6 a real throaty growl. It really wakes up the engine. I'm super I pleased with the intake.

I ended up taking a different way back home which included 30% roads and a bunch of traffic once I made it in so I really can't speak on improvement on MPG. But I managed to pull 26.7 mpg back with traffic and taking city streets with a combination of highway.

I will be uploading pics right now. Stay tuned.

#11 ·
Here are the pics

Attachments

#12 ·
Looks good, congratulations and thanks for the extended review, sounds like you've got what you wanted! :bigthumbsup

#14 ·
Look what the fed ex guy brought me today. A whole week early! Look out for pics this weekend on the install :)

#17 ·
Basically the price. They were getting liquidated for 125.00. Read the links I posted it has a whole thread on why and what they are.

Sounds like your going to have a great time with your new Mustang.one thing I learned after the last two Mustangs I owened,I am not going to keep track of how much I spend on this one.LOL.
Lol good idea

#19 ·
Got the springs in today and man I just love how they feel and handle. I will be taking it to the shop to have is aligned. A buddy of mine has these springs and he didn't need bolts or a bar. He races often. Check out the install pics. Took 2 hours flat :)

#20 ·
Just placed my order for a Roush Axleback and magnetic rear decklid panel. The BBK Longtubes and x pipe were sold out and on back order..booo! lol Should be in Monday or Tuesday. Stay tuned!

#22 ·
Alright so it's been just shy of a week of my springs being on. I'm pretty sure the springs won't settle much more than this

Before

After

Another after pic

#24 ·
Basically an all around weekend track toy, that still maintains street drivability and comfort. I look forward to mostly drag racing with some Auto-X events and track days

#25 ·
Ok so I got my car aligned with the Eibachs all settled in, and the only thing that was off was the toe. I did not need any camber bolts or a panhard bar. I repeat. I DID NOT need camber bolts or a panhard bar. I took my car to Goodyear. I took them there because they guarantee their work for 6 months/6,000 miles. I will be taking the car back in a month or so to make sure the alignment is still within spec

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.