Hellion single turbo for 11-12GT -- Who has one? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Hellion single turbo for 11-12GT -- Who has one?

Has anyone gotten a hellion single setup installed on their car yet? I'm interested in hearing any install headaches or final result issues (tune, quality, etc). I've set aside about 10K to take care of suspension/trans/engine for my 12GT so now it's the planning stage :kooky::kooky::kooky:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012
Apprentice

I haven't personally, but there is a guy over on s197forum that had the kit installed for a while on a 2011/12 GT 5.0 ... ended up taking the kit off as he couldn't get it to run correctly and make good power due to design issues. Piping is too small and overall the kit isn't designed to produce safe pressure levels (between the engine and Turbo). He lost serious money on the deal and ended up trading his car in after pulling the kit off. I bought some other parts from him which he had taken off the car. Overall, it turned into a disaster for him. I did talk to him a little via email and his story sounded true. There is another thread on the same forum which has car that started with a Hellion kit, only to have it taken off and a custom Turbo kit fabricated instead.

Fixing the kit requires requires extensive modifications, new BOV or WG (forget which), piping modifications, etc. Not worth it when there are other options coming to market.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightechrdn View Post
I haven't personally, but there is a guy over on s197forum that had the kit installed for a while on a 2011/12 GT 5.0 ... ended up taking the kit off as he couldn't get it to run correctly and make good power due to design issues. Piping is too small and overall the kit isn't designed to produce safe pressure levels (between the engine and Turbo). He lost serious money on the deal and ended up trading his car in after pulling the kit off. I bought some other parts from him which he had taken off the car. Overall, it turned into a disaster for him. I did talk to him a little via email and his story sounded true. There is another thread on the same forum which has car that started with a Hellion kit, only to have it taken off and a custom Turbo kit fabricated instead.

Fixing the kit requires requires extensive modifications, new BOV or WG (forget which), piping modifications, etc. Not worth it when there are other options coming to market.

That does not inspire confidence What else is coming to market from the turbo side of the house? SC is an option too (tried n' true) but damn if I don't miss the sound of a snail spooling

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012
Rookie

You might want to try these guys, I don't have any personal experience with them but have heard good things. www.fastlaneturbo.com

2011 Premium Sterling Grey GT, 6spd, 3.55, Brembo pkg
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012
GT Member
S197 Member

i heard bad things about the hellion single turbo kit for the 2011 gt unlike their kits for the s95 4 valves

2011 Musang GT 6MT. Ford Racing 4.10 gears, TA Rear End Girdle, Boss 302 intake manifold, O/R x pipe, Ford Racing K springs, upr pro-series lca/uca/mount NGK 6510 gap to 0.32, ID 1000 injectors, KB Boost a pump, Paxton novi2200sl w 3.6 inch pulley 10psi. tuned by lund racing. unknown power.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page