Aww Crap - Swirl Mark Help. - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-25-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

I am pretty much sold on the groits.

1 concern where the spidering is, there are some faint white scratches will those buffer out?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssimaniac View Post
Which orbital did you guys get?
I bought the larger one first (6") and then I bought the smaller one too (3") ...they are very good quality and have variable speed for different tasks.

2012 California Special Convertible / Ebony Black / 5.0 liter / MT-82 / GT500 Axle Backs with resonator delete / Steeda Tri-Ax shifter & base bushing / Airaid CAI / BMR LCAs / BMR Relocation Brackets / BMR Adjustable UCA & Bracket / BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar / Steeda Sport Springs / GT500 Strut Mounts / Koni STR.Ts / Shaker 500 with Infinity 6832CFs / Redline hood strut / Redline leather shifter & E-brake boots
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeycat View Post
I am pretty much sold on the groits.

1 concern where the spidering is, there are some faint white scratches will those buffer out?
Yes, they should polish out. I had a lot of them and was able to remove them all.

2012 California Special Convertible / Ebony Black / 5.0 liter / MT-82 / GT500 Axle Backs with resonator delete / Steeda Tri-Ax shifter & base bushing / Airaid CAI / BMR LCAs / BMR Relocation Brackets / BMR Adjustable UCA & Bracket / BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar / Steeda Sport Springs / GT500 Strut Mounts / Koni STR.Ts / Shaker 500 with Infinity 6832CFs / Redline hood strut / Redline leather shifter & E-brake boots

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter Dan View Post
I bought a random orbital from Griots and it's been the best car care product I've ever spent money on. Much better and faster than doing the polishing and waxing by hand.
I second that. Along with Meguiar's Swirl-X and Meguiar's Polish the Griot's orbital does a great job getting rid of the swirl marks. The orbital is also great for applying wax.

2013 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Candy Apple Red, Auto, FRPP Tune, GT500 Axlebacks, KONI Yellow Sport (adjustable dampers), FRPP Front and Rear swaybars, Custom Removable 4 Point Roll-Bar, BOSS 302 Low Expansion Brake Lines, Roush side splitters, GT500 spoiler, Redline Tuning hood struts,18" Ford Chromed Aluminum Wheels (9R3Z-1K007-A), Michelin Pilot Super Sports - 235X50X18
2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible - Gone
PONY Member

Porter Cable and Zaino Brothers car show polishes .

2011 Mustang GT Premium Package, Candy Red, Security Pkg
Mods to Date; Vortech V3 Supercharged/Intercooled/9 lb boost, JLT Blow through intake, Tial 50mm Race BOV, K & N Breathers, JPC RACING Tuned,Vortech Boost A Pump, TREMEC Magnum T56 Magnum, Mcleod RST twin clutch, Upgraded clutch line,Modular flywheel, Aluminum Driveshaft,Borla ATAK Exhaust, Eibach Pro Springs,Adjustable Panhard,Raxiom Halo lights, Raxiom tail lights, GT/CS 19 inch wheels,LED Boost Guage, PLX Kiwi wideband
Apprentice

I went with Meguiar's DA polisher...very similar to porter-cable. I have a lava red stang-just as difficult as owning a black car. Along with their products, this polisher did a great job removing swirl marks. I would definitely recommend to anyone with a dark colored car to invest in a polisher/buffer. It's much easier and also does a better job than doing it by hand.
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Would be great to have direct links to the products you're talking about.

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphalt Cowboy View Post
Would be great to have direct links to the products you're talking about.
Glad I could help!

Griot's Garage 6" Random Orbital - Griot's Garage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page