Ford Mustang Forum banner

is seat motor covered under warranty?

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  FordService 
#1 ·
The seat motor in my driver seat went out luckily it stayed at a spot where I can drive the car but I can no longer adjust it and i was wondering if this is covered under the 36000/bumper to bumper warranty?

#2 ·
I dont see a reason why its not. I remember reading a while back that another member had the same issue and it was repaired. I would just give your local dealer a call or talk to Deysha and get an appt scheduled.

#3 ·
Well, if you have a tune...they might not do warranty work on it :)

I'm sure it certainly is covered.

#4 ·
Well, if you have a tune...they might not do warranty work on it :)
of course...forgot to mention that. The power of the tune and increase throttle response caused the seat to slam back on the tracks and lock into place. :hihi:

#7 ·
and if you have a manual, the clutch is covered for 12 mo/18k miles

#8 ·
Lots of others have had seat motor problems said to say (do a search) , it will be covered.

G
#14 ·
I dont see a reason why its not. I remember reading a while back that another member had the same issue and it was repaired. I would just give your local dealer a call or talk to Deysha and get an appt scheduled.
Thanks, TheYeti.

It is, as long as it's a manufacturer's defect, spitfire760. Please make an appointment with your dealer and PM me with your VIN, mileage, dealer, full name, and best daytime number so I can escalate this to the Customer Service Manger for your area.

Deysha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.