Eiibach Pro kit spring review - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-24-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member

Eiibach Pro kit spring review

very much a improvement for my Brembo car the car rides much better now. I am very impressed with the way it rides and handles.

installed springs and J&M adjustable panhard bar and nothing else. you do not not need any after market camber bolts or anything.

Had the car aligned this morning with no issues was not even off that much. guess I got lucky putting it back together

very very pleased with these springs as I wanted it lower without messing up the comfort as well.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	043.JPG
Views:	205
Size:	520.1 KB
ID:	152098   Click image for larger version

Name:	044.JPG
Views:	168
Size:	514.7 KB
ID:	152099  

03 Mach 1, Full eaton swap,4;10s, slp 2 with mac H pipe, 443 rwhp tuned by Excessive

1990 lx fully built 331 stroker

89 LX lots of goodies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-24-2012
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Would have been curious as to how the rear would have set without the adj panhard. The ride is very close to stock for BBP cars IMO, without the body roll and brake dive. How long did you drive before the alignment?

Some people lead the way blindly, Others follow with 20/20 vision

Aaron S.
2011 5.0| MT82| White/Saddle|HID|Brembo|3.73| GT/CS Fascia| Saleen Grill| DynaTech LT's and O/R X| AFCO Aluminum Radiator | J&M LCA's & RELO's|Hurst Billet + | Eibach Pro Springs| KONI STR-T |Bama93| Airaid| 255/40/19(f)285/35/19(r) Kuhmo ECSTA XS|

Gone but not forgotten
|08 Mustang GT, MT Black| 05 IS 300 MT Black| 00 Camaro SS MT Black|95 Acura Integra GSR MT Black | 91 Prelude Si 4WS MT Black|

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-24-2012
PONY Member

Had mine lowered yesterday with EIBACH pro springs.
I just had the lowering springs, BMR Panhard adjustable rod and Eibach adjustable camber bolts. Everything worked out great! The car rides better then ever before. I actually really liked the Brembo settings but now the car looks even better, the break squat is dramaticaly reduced and ride quality is amazing with these progressive springs.

Check out the before and after pics..

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-24-2012
PONY Member

sorry forgot to attach the pics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Eibachafter.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	490.5 KB
ID:	152101   Click image for larger version

Name:	EibachBefore.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	556.7 KB
ID:	152102  
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-24-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by by9468840 View Post

looks great man..... very nice

03 Mach 1, Full eaton swap,4;10s, slp 2 with mac H pipe, 443 rwhp tuned by Excessive

89 LX lots of goodies
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-24-2012
MACH I Member

Congrats to both of you. I know mine made a huge difference (even though I went with Steeda and Koni) and I'm so glad I finally lowered this thing.

It really changes the whole dynamic of these cars. I've always loved leaving work and getting in my car. Now, I've fallen in love all over again, and can't wait to drive.

2012 Ingot GT Premium / 401a / Reverse Sensing & Security / 3.73 Rear

Mods: CS Fascia w/Fogs / Saleen Grille / Flowmaster Hushpower AB / Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Upper Mounts / BMR Adjustable Panhard / TPS Slotted Rotors / Hawk Pads / JLT Catch Can / Barton Shifter / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Airaid CAI / Rockers painted to match / HID Retrofit / Bama Baby!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-24-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adspru View Post
Would have been curious as to how the rear would have set without the adj panhard. The ride is very close to stock for BBP cars IMO, without the body roll and brake dive. How long did you drive before the alignment?
I have had them on for jus about a week. I cant imagine them settling enough now to mess with the aligment.

with the addition of my recent mods, saleen grille, cs fascia, amr wheels. Roush axleback, Eibach springs its like I got another new car.

cant stop smiling.....

89 LX lots of goodies
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-24-2012
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YerBuddysPony View Post
Congrats to both of you. I know mine made a huge difference (even though I went with Steeda and Koni) and I'm so glad I finally lowered this thing.

It really changes the whole dynamic of these cars. I've always loved leaving work and getting in my car. Now, I've fallen in love all over again, and can't wait to drive.
Agreed, plus now I can see the road behind me instead of the trunk!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnr2001 View Post
I have had them on for jus about a week. I cant imagine them settling enough now to mess with the aligment.

with the addition of my recent mods, saleen grille, cs fascia, amr wheels. Roush axleback, Eibach springs its like I got another new car.

cant stop smiling.....
Thought it was close to that, I think mine has settled down over the past few days. Leaving for vacation, so it's just going to sit around and collect dust for the next 10 days or so, should be ready when I get back, but like yours, I don't think mine is off very much, but it does seem to drift a little, probably the left fighting the right and the right fighting back, we will see. Looks like you got bit by the mod bug, watch your wallet, it has been known to eat whatever is inside of it.

Some people lead the way blindly, Others follow with 20/20 vision

Aaron S.
2011 5.0| MT82| White/Saddle|HID|Brembo|3.73| GT/CS Fascia| Saleen Grill| DynaTech LT's and O/R X| AFCO Aluminum Radiator | J&M LCA's & RELO's|Hurst Billet + | Eibach Pro Springs| KONI STR-T |Bama93| Airaid| 255/40/19(f)285/35/19(r) Kuhmo ECSTA XS|

Gone but not forgotten
|08 Mustang GT, MT Black| 05 IS 300 MT Black| 00 Camaro SS MT Black|95 Acura Integra GSR MT Black | 91 Prelude Si 4WS MT Black|

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-24-2012
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnr2001 View Post

cant stop smiling.....
Amen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adspru View Post
Looks like you got bit by the mod bug, watch your wallet, it has been known to eat whatever is inside of it.
Amen x2!

2012 Ingot GT Premium / 401a / Reverse Sensing & Security / 3.73 Rear

Mods: CS Fascia w/Fogs / Saleen Grille / Flowmaster Hushpower AB / Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Upper Mounts / BMR Adjustable Panhard / TPS Slotted Rotors / Hawk Pads / JLT Catch Can / Barton Shifter / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Airaid CAI / Rockers painted to match / HID Retrofit / Bama Baby!
Apprentice

Since there's a difference in ride height between the V6 and GT with the Eibach Pro kit, i'll be sure to post my before and afters for the V6 once it's installed in the next couple of weeks.

Black 2011 V6 - Security Package - Spoiler Delete - 93 BAMA Hybrid Tune - JLT CAI - 3.73 FRPP Gears - Boss 302 Steering Wheel - Roush Shift Knob - FRPP Sport Exhaust - Axle Exchange Drive Shaft - J&M LCAs - BMR Front DS Loop - Eibach Pro-Kit - J&M Adjustable Panhard Bar - 19" Brembo GT Wheels
GT Member

Looks much better. congrats!

Bryce
---------
Track Rat #1 - VF supercharged e46 bimmer
Track Rat #2 - Kona 5.0 Premium | 3.73 MT82 | 400A | glass roof | saddle int. | Brembo Pkg | Com. & Sec. Pkg | camera | HID | Nav | no stripes | MM camberplates | Bilstein springs & Eibach dampers | Stock 368 RWHP @ 6700 / 354 TQ @ 4375 - Build Date 6-17-10
Sunny Day: Kawasaki 1600 with hypercharger and tune.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by by9468840 View Post
wow like night and day, looks fantastic

2013 DIB 3.7L | 6AT | Performance Package | Tech Package |
Bama 91R | Airaid CAI | Flowmaster Force II Axlebacks |
Pioneer TSD's | Amp & 10" JBL sub |
PONY Member

After I lowered mine, the only alignment adjusment need was the toe settings. Camber angle remained within specs with just a minor increase on the negative side to about -1 from 0.75. I am definitely sure I didnt need those adjustable camber bolts but they mounted them anyway.

As for the BMR panhard bar, Im not sure if it was absolutely necessary either. Lowering 1-1.5" shifts the body so little that it is almost impossible to notice it unless you measure it. Now its aligned very precisely with the adjustable bar but still, would it really matter to adjust to 1/10 of an inch precision?

I think eibach pros offer the perfect lowering for our cars. Anything below 1.5" causes problems with fitting wider tires and needs further adjustments to suspension etc. and imho, it doest look better either.
PONY Member

Just ordered these. Don't know why, but my gap with the 19's never looks as bad as some I've seen. I am sure the Eibachs will be a good improvement however.

2011 Mustang GT Premium Package, Candy Red, Security Pkg
Mods to Date; Vortech V3 Supercharged/Intercooled/9 lb boost, JLT Blow through intake, Tial 50mm Race BOV, K & N Breathers, JPC RACING Tuned,Vortech Boost A Pump, TREMEC Magnum T56 Magnum, Mcleod RST twin clutch, Upgraded clutch line,Modular flywheel, Aluminum Driveshaft,Borla ATAK Exhaust, Eibach Pro Springs,Adjustable Panhard,Raxiom Halo lights, Raxiom tail lights, GT/CS 19 inch wheels,LED Boost Guage, PLX Kiwi wideband
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTfiveo View Post
Just ordered these. Don't know why, but my gap with the 19's never looks as bad as some I've seen. I am sure the Eibachs will be a good improvement however.
You know I've when wondering something along these lines. I saw two pictures two different '12 california editions (both stock), and one of them had a wheel gap that looked 4", and the other one looked fine...I don't understand why it looks noticeably awful on some stocks but fine on others....

2013 DIB 3.7L | 6AT | Performance Package | Tech Package |
Bama 91R | Airaid CAI | Flowmaster Force II Axlebacks |
Pioneer TSD's | Amp & 10" JBL sub |
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page