Reckless driving in the USA - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hingedthinker View Post
We have been waiting for a canadian to do this for a while. We have had enough! Look out for the invasion and congress to approve a war powers act!
Hey, don't make us get all 1812 on your ass. lol

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin
2012 Kona Blue Mustang GT
Roush Phase 2 625HP Supercharger | Black OTT Stripe | 400A | 5.0L | 6MT | 3.55 | HID | SP | CP | BBP | EP | RVC
Mods: Forget it .... too much to list!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Hopefully it didn't go down like this ehhhhh

Cop Threatens German Foreign Tourist with USA Prison Rape, This Cop Should Work for the TSA - YouTube

2011 V6 PP -> 2012 5.0
Apprentice
S197 Member

WOW! How very unprofessional! But pretty damn nice to just be told to slow down after being pulled over for going 98 in a 70!

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac-man View Post
Your Dad is Sooooo grounded!

Lowell Snohomish River Road between Everett, WA and Snohomish is an absolutely gorgeous stretch of country road where one can, in places, enjoy driving at higher than posted speeds without endangering the public. No cross roads, no drive ways. Snohomish River on your right. BNSF tracks parallell close on your left.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&sugexp=frgbld&gs_nf=1&tok=ASZWlOMpd46ad JaPIY4tpw&cp=4&gs_id=d&xhr=t&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw .r_cp.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1920&bih=962&wrapid=tljp133 265709357206&q=lowell+larimer+road&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x549000a2bdf83a49:0x210727ac058671c4, Larimer+Rd,+Everett,+WA&gl=us&ei=ybtuT-jYNOaOiALHxuSvAw&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&r esnum=1&sqi=2&ved=0CC4Q8gEwAA

The point is, irrespective of the technicalities of the law, there are places where you can touch 120 and it's not terribly reckless to do so. Conversely, there are places where 30 is entirely irresponsible.
You can't be serious. I've been driving that road off and on since the 1970's and it's always a good place to slow down, if you know what I mean.

2014 GT500
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAJ5Point0 View Post
You can't be serious. I've been driving that road off and on since the 1970's and it's always a good place to slow down, if you know what I mean.
I was referring to I5 at that location, not the next road to the east, which I've never driven on. I misread the map when I looked at it last night.

2014 GT500
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Garage
Anyone notice that folks from Ontario drive I81, I77 and I95 faster than most? Maybe they think they can get out of paying a ticket from a sate in a foreign country. Maybe that's why the cop cited the old man for a more severe infraction.

2005 4.0 MT dual exhaust GT mufflers GT suspension and wheels
Apprentice

That video was funny as hell. You notice the cops attitude change when driver mentions he is from germany and doesnt know what the speed limit is, never say that lol.

Think only reason guy got lucky is because you can hear cop get another call in the end, he might have been a **** but you gotta love the B.S he is spewing instead of writing a ticket and the way he wraps it up with an obvious double meaning.

Or you will get violated!

2005 GT - Full Mod List In Mustang Rides - MGW 5 Speed, E-Force S/C 3.25" pulley. Dual Gt 500 Fuel Pumps, Ford Racing Headers, Slp High-Flow X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapack Catback, FRPP 3:73, Exedy Mach 500 Stage III clutch and Flywheel, Edelbrock CAI, J&M Extreme Joint LCA's, Bmr Adj. Panhard Bar, Dss Aluminum 1 Piece Ds, Nitto Nt555 285/40/18 500RWHP 467tq
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yadkin View Post
Anyone notice that folks from Ontario drive I81, I77 and I95 faster than most? Maybe they think they can get out of paying a ticket from a sate in a foreign country. Maybe that's why the cop cited the old man for a more severe infraction.
Actually, it's pretty common knowledge here that there is a reciprocal agreement that tickets and points in either country are applied where you're at. We say the same things about Americans with MI and NY plates that blow down the 401 at 40kmh over the limit. The Provincial Police loves those guys.

If a cop on either side of the border throws a hefty ticket, it's got less to do with "teaching them a lesson" it has more to do with the fact that you're less likely to make a second (or third) trip to the court in the locale that the offense occured to defend yourself. And because the fine carries over to the offender's license then most people just pay the fine. Bonus for the cop; they get to write a ticket, get a big gold star on their forehead and not have to be a witness in court. Slam dunk.

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin
Roush Phase 2 625HP Supercharger | Black OTT Stripe | 400A | 5.0L | 6MT | 3.55 | HID | SP | CP | BBP | EP | RVC
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OAC_Sparky View Post
Actually, it's pretty common knowledge here that there is a reciprocal agreement that tickets and points in either country are applied where you're at. We say the same things about Americans with MI and NY plates that blow down the 401 at 4kmh over the limit. The Provincial Police loves those guys.

If a cop on either side of the border throws a hefty ticket, it's got less to do with "teaching them a lesson" it has more to do with the fact that you're less likely to make a second (or third) trip to the court in the locale that the offense occured to defend yourself. And because the fine carries over to the offender's license then most people just pay the fine. Bonus for the cop; they get to write a ticket, get a big gold star on their forehead and not have to be a witness in court. Slam dunk.
I don't know how "common" that knowledge of that is. Maybe we'll find out if the old man knew.

I used to travel in Canada a lot when I lived in upstate NY and I always kept a sharp eye on my speed, especially when in a predominantly French-speaking area.

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pony_boy View Post
After doing some research i understand what the situation is. Thanks to the poster who provided the link to new york state reckless driving policies. My old man used to race cars back in the day, was pretty good apparently and had a few sponsors. This was in europe though, and it was mainly rally cars. I guess this american v6 was a little too much for him :nogrinner ... either way he was with my mom and apparently she was sleeping at the time... so i have no idea what he was trying to do... from what i understand he was just speeding. Although from the research i have done, reckless driving in the new york state is often more than just speeding alone. They come back tonight so we'll see what he has to say for himself. LOL
anything over a certain speed limit can be considered reckless driving. I had that charge a number of times and gotten it reduced. I basically think of it as a person screw you to your insurance company because I as speeding over a certain amount. I want to say anything over 14 miles over is reckless driving.

Case and point.. I have a very good custom installed radar/laser detector/jammer..

2011 GT Coupe Premium | MT6 | 3.73's | Security Pkg | BREMBO | Comfort
Installed JLT oil catch can, Tint, Beltronics RX45/shifters
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yadkin View Post
I don't know how "common" that knowledge of that is. Maybe we'll find out if the old man knew.

I used to travel in Canada a lot when I lived in upstate NY and I always kept a sharp eye on my speed, especially when in a predominantly French-speaking area.
I meant it's common knowledge to the cops.

But you reminded me of an example of the "screw the out of towner" thing. About 13 years back I got a ticket outside of Montreal coming back from a funeral, it was my father-in-law and me in a hot-rod Windstar minivan. </sarcasm> THe PPQ officer had to slolam through 10 of us travelling at the same speed to give me a 22kmh (13.75mph) over ticket. The whole group of us had been travelling for about the last 1/2 hour in a pack and I was in the middle; I'll swear til my deathbed that it's because I was the only one with Ontario plates and the rest were Quebec.

SHELBY GT 350 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OAC_Sparky View Post
I meant it's common knowledge to the cops.

But you reminded me of an example of the "screw the out of towner" thing. About 13 years back I got a ticket outside of Montreal coming back from a funeral, it was my father-in-law and me in a hot-rod Windstar minivan. </sarcasm> THe PPQ officer had to slolam through 10 of us travelling at the same speed to give me a 22kmh (13.75mph) over ticket. The whole group of us had been travelling for about the last 1/2 hour in a pack and I was in the middle; I'll swear til my deathbed that it's because I was the only one with Ontario plates and the rest were Quebec.
The same thing happens here. When my son was still in Scouts our troop leader got pulled over in West Virginia doing 36 in a 35. He was in his car leading a bus full of scouts. I travel that road six or eight times per year and nearly every time I get passed by locals doing 20 over or more, usually passing over a double yellow and many times around blind curves.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page