Blacking Out Your Mustang - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

One of the reasons why I live in the USA, we have the freedom to do what we want. Also I bought my car for my enjoyment, not for what the resale may be. To each their own.

Beers.

Me: 2014 GT Track Pack
Wife: 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

To each his own, but before thinking about resale value, anyone should think about its own pleasure. I didn't bought my Mustang thinking how much I will sell it back (hopefully I'll keep it for a very long time), I bought my Mustang with the options I wanted and made it to my liking, period.

Now I prefer mine to have some contrast, and played with the black paint and matte black to have some contrast, along with some red accents. I would not have it all black, but that's just me, everyone is different.
Just do what makes you happy!

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwhee View Post
You have an old school mentality I'm afraid. Most people modify their cars now, especially mustang owners. My dad feels the exact same way; that the car how it looks and performs from the factory is the absolute best and shouldn't be changed. He even goes so far as to tell me that if you modify your car your not happy with it and your stupid for buying it. Different strokes for different folks. He drives a base 2010 camaro and hasn't done one mod to it. I think he might just be a little jealous
I'll put it this way: my 2011 GT/CS stock looked and ran great, now, with the mods I've done it looks like a beast, runs even better and stands out from the rest!

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.

MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepis View Post
One of the reasons why I live in the USA, we have the freedom to do what we want. Also I bought my car for my enjoyment, not for what the resale may be. To each their own.
Amen! Why shouldn't a person mod the way they see fit? I don't like many things that others do and vice-verse. It's just like having the right to voice our opinions as well.

2012 Ingot GT Premium / 401a / Reverse Sensing & Security / 3.73 Rear

Mods: CS Fascia w/Fogs / Saleen Grille / Flowmaster Hushpower AB / Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Upper Mounts / BMR Adjustable Panhard / TPS Slotted Rotors / Hawk Pads / JLT Catch Can / Barton Shifter / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Airaid CAI / Rockers painted to match / HID Retrofit / Bama Baby!
PONY Member

The original poster has a white car and I cringe when I see a white car. When I went to Hawaii in May, we had three Mustang convertibles on different islands(silver, blue and black). One of the rental places tried to give me a white one and I flatly refused it. I've got a black Mustang, black Infiniti and a black Harley. They all have black wheels and I love this look.

I rarely see a similar looking car to mine but I see sooo many white cars with silver wheels. I don't understand why anyone would want a white car.

Received 7/2/10: 11' GT base with 3.73,
Installed: Steeda CAI, SCT, Steeda tune, GT500 axlebacks, SVT leather wheel, Infinity Kappas, Boston amp, Bazooka powered sub, yellow fog light bulbs, dark front corner lights, GT500 splash guards, tint, SVE Drift matte 18"x9" wheels with 265/40s and SVE 1" drop springs, Koni Yellow, HP+ pads, brake duct coolers with CS front lower and splitter
Bought and soon to be installed: Edelbrock E-force stage 2
Stable: 14 SHO, 10 Road Glide
PONY Member

having seen a couple of the blacked out Mustangs...my questions would be....why not.....they look awesome..

2012 Black GT/CS; steeda ultra lights; koni yellows; max motorsports caster camber plates; fays2 watts link; f14 forgestars 20x9/20x11; nitto invo; borla axle backs; other stuff.....
PONY Member

I like the murdered out black look and was going to go with RTR's, but found these CS56's on CL and never looked back. I get tons of compliments from folks who say they like them on the black. So... I kind of did a mix with blacked out lights, but Silver CS56's.

Also, with black wheels you have to keep your tires super clean otherwise the brown tires look like crap.

2012 Boss Laguna Seca #290 and 2015 PP Ecoboost (Daily Driver )
Previous: 2011 GT, 2000 Camaro SS, 93 Lightning
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK50 View Post
I like the murdered out black look and was going to go with RTR's, but found these CS56's on CL and never looked back. I get tons of compliments from folks who say they like them on the black. So... I kind of did a mix with blacked out lights, but Silver CS56's.

Also, with black wheels you have to keep your tires super clean otherwise the brown tires look like crap.

Not to change direction of the thread, but what tail light tint did you go with?

2011 Mustang GT, Brembo Brakes, FRPP K Lowering Springs, Adjustable Panhard Bar, FRPP GT500 Axle Back Exhaust, 20x9 & 20x10.5 Gunmetal Forgestar F14 Wheels, 255/35/20 & 275/35/20 Toyo Proxes, Boss 302 Front Fascia/Splitter, Roush Rear Valance, Roush Qtr Window Louvers, GT500 Rear Spoiler.

PONY Member

^^Some place on ebay. It was precut and fit pretty good^^

2012 Boss Laguna Seca #290 and 2015 PP Ecoboost (Daily Driver )
Previous: 2011 GT, 2000 Camaro SS, 93 Lightning
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK50 View Post
^^Some place on ebay. It was precut and fit pretty good^^
Thanks, I am looking for the best product/price.

2011 Mustang GT, Brembo Brakes, FRPP K Lowering Springs, Adjustable Panhard Bar, FRPP GT500 Axle Back Exhaust, 20x9 & 20x10.5 Gunmetal Forgestar F14 Wheels, 255/35/20 & 275/35/20 Toyo Proxes, Boss 302 Front Fascia/Splitter, Roush Rear Valance, Roush Qtr Window Louvers, GT500 Rear Spoiler.

Apprentice

I bought my car to enjoy it, not for the resale value. Better park yours OP, the more miles you put on it the less it will be worth when you sell it or trade it in.

2012 Black Base Model 6MT, 3.73s, Steeda Shifter, CJ intake, CJ monoblade TB, Rev auto CAI, JBA LTs, o/r h pipe, Stage 3 comp cams, AED tune, Steeda Sport springs
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnamover View Post
The original poster has a white car and I cringe when I see a white car. When I went to Hawaii in May, we had three Mustang convertibles on different islands(silver, blue and black). One of the rental places tried to give me a white one and I flatly refused it. I've got a black Mustang, black Infiniti and a black Harley. They all have black wheels and I love this look.

I rarely see a similar looking car to mine but I see sooo many white cars with silver wheels. I don't understand why anyone would want a white car.

The reason that i got a white car is because i was tired of having dark color cars because they get dirty very fast and it is very easy to see imperfections in the paint job with dark cars.... i dont know if a white car molested you or something but they are not bad.

2011 Musang GT 6MT. Ford Racing 4.10 gears, TA Rear End Girdle, Boss 302 intake manifold, O/R x pipe, Ford Racing K springs, upr pro-series lca/uca/mount NGK 6510 gap to 0.32, ID 1000 injectors, KB Boost a pump, Paxton novi2200sl w 3.6 inch pulley 10psi. tuned by lund racing. unknown power.
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolith View Post
The reason that i got a white car is because i was tired of having dark color cars because they get dirty very fast and it is very easy to see imperfections in the paint job with dark cars.... i dont know if a white car molested you or something but they are not bad.
The original Bullitt, Eleanor and perhaps most of all, a white fastback with over the top blue stripes are arguably THE 3 signature looks for a mustang. Don't let anyone else convince you otherwise

2011 Mustang 3.7L V6 Premium ∙ MCA (203A)
Ingot Silver ∙ Charcoal Black ∙ Auto
HIDs ∙ Security ∙ Comfort Package ∙ Remote Start
Koni STR.T shocks/struts ∙ Roush DUB springs
post #29 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-25-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member

What's In A Name

Hey guys It's all good, doesn't matter what you do to your cars. They are yours enjoy them. I thought this thread would get you guys off yor a$$es and get people thinking. I really like all the responses keeps us thinking and moving. Later,Rascal. Now you know how I got my name.
Beast3.7

I'm the same way. I'm not a big chrome guy. I like how my car and harley look:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page