Blacking Out Your Mustang - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I don't like chromed out engine bays, but I remember the glory days of cragar SS's , keystones etc

2011 Mustang 3.7L V6 Premium ∙ MCA (203A)
Ingot Silver ∙ Charcoal Black ∙ Auto
HIDs ∙ Security ∙ Comfort Package ∙ Remote Start
Koni STR.T shocks/struts ∙ Roush DUB springs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

It was my dream to own a fast black mustang with black wheels. Just looks so mean, not trying to be all fancy. I think chrome says I like to show off. But seriously to each their own. As long as people are respectful, you can own a hot pink 5.0 with orange stripes with 24'' chrome wheels, and I'll show you the respect right back. Its your car so it makes no difference to me. About resale, I could get give two sh*ts since that is years and years down the line and the car will probably be worthless at that point anyway. I think if I was worried about resale value, I would have bought a certificate of deposit at the bank instead...or better yet, a Honda CR-V.

2011 Mustang GT, 5.0L, 6MT, 3.73s, Security/HIDs, Accessory Package #5, Borla S-type Axleback, Steeda CAI, Brenspeed Custom Tune, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, APB, 19" Flat Black SVE Drift Wheels with 275/40/19 Hankook Ventus
Rookie

Hi all new to the forums, first post. Just bought my mustang last week, but have several packages in the mail to start the modding.

Torquelover...I think you're car looks awesome. I'm planning to do similar mods.

hogasswild...I hate chrome on my car too. Yours also looks great. Did you paint or plasti dip the rear faux gas cap? Looks good, and I plan to do that too.

Rascal...I think everyone should do what they like. Of course you're entitled to your opinion, as is everyone. I give props to anyone who makes their ride the way they want, whether I like it or not. I am matching my wife's taurus....

Almost for got pic of the new mustang...no mods yet, but it's 6 days old.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lower1.JPG
Views:	5411
Size:	696.8 KB
ID:	152236   Click image for larger version

Name:	lower2 edit.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	513.3 KB
ID:	152237   Click image for larger version

Name:	lower5 edit.jpg
Views:	1774
Size:	431.6 KB
ID:	152238   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_6003_1.JPG
Views:	303
Size:	175.9 KB
ID:	152239  

Mike

Last edited by mikenjulie2; 03-26-2012 at 02:35 AM. Reason: forgot pic

GT Member

miken....your taurus looks like a secret service gov't car....and I love it

Current 2012 Lexus RX350 & 2011 Ford Escape XLT

Previous
2012 Grabber Blue, GT Prem, Sold 8/20/2012

New Build:
2014 Ingot Silver Focus ST ST2 W/ Moonroof and Blue Recaro Inserts: Ordered 05/22/2014
PONY Member

OP- I really don't get the point, with the exception of the extremes........ poorly thought/executed out blackout jobs, or slapping on all the tape on chrome parts that are available. I'm only 30, but I'm old school as well. I love me some chromed out 34 Buick just as much as a blacked out mustang. The resale thing is kind of silly, not to diss ford or american cars in general, but IF I was in a car purely as a mode of transport and had hopes of reselling/trading at a fair recovery, I'd have bought a honda/acura/toyota. In my general observations, mustang owners have some pretty good taste from the pics I've seen here, couple that with the vast number of options in the aftermarket world, a cohesive cosmetically pleasing look is pretty easy to put together. I'd say a poor looker on this forum is probably 1/50, or maybe 1/100. FWIW IMO, I have always thought the performance white brembo cars are pretty sweet looking in stock trim.

2012 Kona Blue 3.7 MT82
Airaid CAI, Flowmaster A-back, BBK ceramic shorties, black enkei raijin 18x8.5, Steeda ultralites/pro action dampers, whiteline PHB & brace
RJW Aggressor matte black stripes, GT bumper/CS valance/Saleen grille, AM black shift knob

It is only rarely that one can see in a little boy the promise of a man, but one can almost always see in a little girl the threat of a woman. ~Alexandre Dumas
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogasswild View Post
I'm the same way. I'm not a big chrome guy. I like how my car and harley look:

Enlighten me re: your faux gas cap, please. Is that Plasti-Dip?

Allez Rouge
2012 GT Premium Coupe | Performance White | 401A Charcoal+Grabber Blue | Comfort Pkg | MT82 | Boss 302 Shift Knob | 18" Pony Pkg Wheels w/Brembo Pkg Center Caps | Boss/CS Front Valance | Scott Drake 5.0/Tri-bar Fender Emblems | FRPP Strut Tower Brace | Redline Hood Struts | GT500 Rear Splash Guards | Rear Spoiler Delete | Sound Tube Delete
Beast3.7

I used a number of coats of plastidip.
Apprentice

pics explain everything
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	389310_10150610732627551_590657550_9404394_897792184_n.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	152286   Click image for larger version

Name:	547693_10150610732897551_590657550_9404395_1769582551_n.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	152287  
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueLover View Post
It was my dream to own a fast black mustang with black wheels. Just looks so mean, not trying to be all fancy. I think chrome says I like to show off. But seriously to each their own. As long as people are respectful, you can own a hot pink 5.0 with orange stripes with 24'' chrome wheels, and I'll show you the respect right back. Its your car so it makes no difference to me. About resale, I could get give two sh*ts since that is years and years down the line and the car will probably be worthless at that point anyway. I think if I was worried about resale value, I would have bought a certificate of deposit at the bank instead...or better yet, a Honda CR-V.

damn that looks good!

2014 Silver Ingot GT Premium
JLT Carbon Fiber CAI
Bama V2 93 Race Tune
Roush Axle-backs
MACH I Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangy07 View Post
damn that looks good!
1000x agree! Amazing Stang.

2012 Mustang V6 Premium | Black on Black - SOLD
Options:6-speed automatic | pony package | HID headlamps | security package | reverse sensing system | comfort package
Build date: 5/12/2011 | Purchased: 6/7/2011
Mods: tape stripe delete | 20% tint | Dynomax SS cat-back exhaust (39507) | smoked side markers | Injen intake (PF9022WB)
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Why do I black things out?... It's sexy.

2011 5.0 / 6 speed 3:31s / Steeda 93 Octane Perf. Tune / Offroad Xpipe / Steed CAI / Roush Axle Backs / H&R Super Sports and adjustable panhard / RTR Wheels with Nitto 555 Tires / Roush Louvers / Gt500 rear diffuser and mudflaps / Boss 302 front valance with fogs / Saleen Grill / Antenna Delete / GT Takeoff leather interior / Boss 302 Steering Wheel / AND A HELL OF A LOT MORE TO COME I'M SURE
Apprentice

White stangs with black wheels are indeed sexy

2011 Mustang GT, 5.0L, 6MT, 3.73s, Security/HIDs, Accessory Package #5, Borla S-type Axleback, Steeda CAI, Brenspeed Custom Tune, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, APB, 19" Flat Black SVE Drift Wheels with 275/40/19 Hankook Ventus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page