Blacking Out Your Mustang - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-25-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Blacking Out Your Mustang

First let me say I do not intend to offend anyone. This is just my take on what I see.
Why would you take a perfectly great looking car and paint everything black. Body,Trim,Sidemarkers,Headlights,Tailights, Wheels,Tint out all the glass, and slam it. And when you're done it looks like it was painted with a ROLLER or a SRAY CAN. I just don't get it. It just looks like an AMERICANIZED RICER. Try selling this to a private party. He will think it has had the snot beat out of it and your buyers who like this stuff are sorely limited. Better yet, try returning it to stock or trading it in I'm sure the dealer will be thrilled to have one on his lot and give you outstanding trade in value. Look everyone is entitled to their own opinion that's why there are 28 different flavors. I just think at selling time or trade in you are going to take a beating. "Choose wisely my friend"
THIS SHOULD BE GOOD

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-25-2012
PONY Member

To each his own I guess lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note

2015 Mustang Eco Boost- Current

2010 Mustang GT Premium-Traded

2009 Mustang GT Premium-Traded
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-25-2012
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
First let me say I do not intend to offend anyone. This is just my take on what I see.
Why would you take a perfectly great looking car and paint everything black. Body,Trim,Sidemarkers,Headlights,Tailights, Wheels,Tint out all the glass, and slam it. And when you're done it looks like it was painted with a ROLLER or a SRAY CAN. I just don't get it. It just looks like an AMERICANIZED RICER. Try selling this to a private party. He will think it has had the snot beat out of it and your buyers who like this stuff are sorely limited. Better yet, try returning it to stock or trading it in I'm sure the dealer will be thrilled to have one on his lot and give you outstanding trade in value. Look everyone is entitled to their own opinion that's why there are 28 different flavors. I just think at selling time or trade in you are going to take a beating. "Choose wisely my friend"
THIS SHOULD BE GOOD
it really depends on who wants to buy it tho. if someone buys it and actually wanted to do that same stuff to it you could infact sell it for more. i blacked out mine. i can always take the plastidip off and its back to stock but on the lights i did a superb job i think and not to dark. i doubt they will even notice unless it was next to another. as far as lowering it i havent slammed it but i dropped it an inch. the handling is much better and just feels safer do to more precise handling. i see this a good feature also. i see what your saying but i think there is a cut off line here too. there's some that are just too much and some look just right for everyone. cant go wrong with selling a stock car tho.

2014 Black 5.0 Track Pack with to many mods.

post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-25-2012
GT Member

each person has their own preference. I tinted my windows which is an absolute must here during the summer. I also got tint for the amber side markers cause I hate the amber and the rear quarter lights cause I felt the black cleaned up the side instead of having a red light there. I got the tint covers for the foglights cause I dont like the 4 headlamp look and I have HIDs anyway, so having halogen fogs looks awkward to me. I eventually will get a saleen grill hopefully, but this was just a cheaper alternative for now.....plus I am still deciding on that cause I like the pony emblem in the grill.

Current 2012 Lexus RX350 & 2011 Ford Escape XLT

Previous
2012 Grabber Blue, GT Prem, Sold 8/20/2012

New Build:
2014 Ingot Silver Focus ST ST2 W/ Moonroof and Blue Recaro Inserts: Ordered 05/22/2014
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-25-2012
GT Member
S197 Member

rascar the same could be said for people that put chrome trim everywhere or ridiculous wheels or lights under their cars or fake scoops.... its their car and they can do whatever the hell they want to it. if you or i dont like it then that is really our problem.

2011 Musang GT 6MT. Ford Racing 4.10 gears, TA Rear End Girdle, Boss 302 intake manifold, O/R x pipe, Ford Racing K springs, upr pro-series lca/uca/mount NGK 6510 gap to 0.32, ID 1000 injectors, KB Boost a pump, Paxton novi2200sl w 3.6 inch pulley 10psi. tuned by lund racing. unknown power.
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-25-2012
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

What you dont like, somebody else could love. I wouldnt black out my car, but some look pretty badass when done properly.

That good ol' red (Boss 302), white (GT/CS) and blue (5.0)!
2008 Mustang GT/CS: 5 speed | FRPP 4.10 Gears | Bama 93H Tune | Magnaflow Magnapacks | Bassani O/R X Pipe | Airaid CAI | MGW | J&M LCAs | Saleens 19x8.5
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-25-2012
PONY Member

I am not a fan of black wheels but I think it's in the eye of the beholder. Ultimately, I didn't buy mine as an investment. All of my mods are Ford Racing parts or Roush other than the wheels. Each was installed professionally to maintain a factory finish appearance because I don't want my car looking hacked up. All of this being said, I enjoy hearing the reactions of those who see my Mustang.

2011 Mustang GT, Brembo Brakes, FRPP K Lowering Springs, Adjustable Panhard Bar, FRPP GT500 Axle Back Exhaust, 20x9 & 20x10.5 Gunmetal Forgestar F14 Wheels, 255/35/20 & 275/35/20 Toyo Proxes, Boss 302 Front Fascia/Splitter, Roush Rear Valance, Roush Qtr Window Louvers, GT500 Rear Spoiler.

post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-25-2012
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

You have an old school mentality I'm afraid. Most people modify their cars now, especially mustang owners. My dad feels the exact same way; that the car how it looks and performs from the factory is the absolute best and shouldn't be changed. He even goes so far as to tell me that if you modify your car your not happy with it and your stupid for buying it. Different strokes for different folks. He drives a base 2010 camaro and hasn't done one mod to it. I think he might just be a little jealous

1st Time at the 1/4 Mile Best E.T out of 4 passes (Without Ported Intake Manifold):
Uncorrected 2500DA [email protected] MPH w/ a 2.17 60".Corrected [email protected] MPH
Ford Racing 4.10 Gears/ Borla S Type Axleback/BBK Chrome Equal Length Shorties/Lethal Performance Catless H Pipe/JLT CAI/Ported Upper and Lower Intake Manifolds/Steeda 91 Octane Tune/ SR Springs
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-25-2012
PONY Member

different tastes. Personally im not thinking about resale value, im enjoying it in the present day. And if i like a particular mod, i will make the mustang my own.

2012 GT Premium/Race Red/6MT/3.73 gears/Borla S-type

Ordered-9/27/11
Build-10/28/11
ETA-11/20/11
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Blacking out everything does not add weight or excessive drag in any way, plus when done right the lights are still visible and serve their purpose. Plus it's a much cleaner look in the end

2011 base v6, 6M, 3.55 gears, custom 2.5" exhaust, 93r tune, 18" 2010 GT takeoffs and 18x10 look alikes on 275/35 nexen n3000, eibach sportlines, amber knight rider (K.A.R.R.) scanner, jlt carbon fiber cai, front strut bar, Shaftmasters 4" DS, J&M LCA's/adj panhard bar, JPC UCA, Koni str.t's, BBK headers/x-pipe/73mm TB, MGW shifter
best 1/4 mi - 13.240 @105.93
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwhee View Post
You have an old school mentality I'm afraid. Most people modify their cars now, especially mustang owners. My dad feels the exact same way; that the car how it looks and performs from the factory is the absolute best and shouldn't be changed. He even goes so far as to tell me that if you modify your car your not happy with it and your stupid for buying it. Different strokes for different folks. He drives a base 2010 camaro and hasn't done one mod to it. I think he might just be a little jealous
My map lights are a little dim in the night, so if I wanted to replace them with LEDs so I can see and have brighter lights when I need them, does that mean that I'm stupid? If my dad has visibility issues in the night and the solution is HIDs, should he buy a brand new car (with HIDs) instead of getting some aftermarket HIDs on his car for just a little bit of cash? In my opinion, stupid is buying a brand new car just for brighter lights! Mods are sometimes necessary. Ask your dad what he would do in my situation if the lights were too dim. :nogrinner

Cars are made for the general public, mods are made for the general public to make their car their own.

That good ol' red (Boss 302), white (GT/CS) and blue (5.0)!
2008 Mustang GT/CS: 5 speed | FRPP 4.10 Gears | Bama 93H Tune | Magnaflow Magnapacks | Bassani O/R X Pipe | Airaid CAI | MGW | J&M LCAs | Saleens 19x8.5
PONY Member

Garage
I don't know about anyone else but one of the reason I got a base model was so I could put what I wanted on it without having things that I don't care about. You have to remember sometime it's cheaper to add thing later. But I do agree with the OP on some things like the black wheels I don't get why people do this as I think a car should have some contrast to it look and not be all one color but I do like window tint and depending on my mood tail light tint sometimes. But in the end everybody's different and likes what they like and that's all the matter.
GT Member
S197 Member

i have a alloy car with black top and interior...i have tinted front lights with 3m film and tinted gts covers on the back i think it looks cool and stealthish

2007 G5 alloy Premium vert GT. 4.6V8 5spd Black leather int with dove Shaker 1000 My colour dash Sirius GT appearance pkg Light bar Sequentials Shelby wheels/tires Shelby splitter tinted lights Bullitt strut brace Billett interior trim Rear blackout panel 3D carbon side scoops windscreen,flowmaster american thunder axel backs Bama tune Sctx4 tuner JLT CAI series 3
post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-25-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Clarification

"Guys" My post was NOT intended to insult anyone in any way. That being said I'm only talking about taking the car to extremes as you guys are aware of, yes I am "OLD SCHOOL" but if you check my profile you will see I have also Modded my ride and yet I can return it to perfectly stock in short order. This thread is really about shitting up the car and you guys know what I'm talking about.
My own ride has light tint and is dropped.
GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member

Rascal - Life would be pretty boring if everyone had to wear white shirts.

I think you may be showing signs you've forgotten what its like to be different and to be proud of it and to remember that everything changes including styles. You know what they say - if the music is too loud, you are too old.

There's lots of things people will do to their car that I would not consider doing. If it makes em happy that's great, it does not bother me a bit.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page