2011 paint issues - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie
 
mecanico2011's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Quebradillas
Posts: 23
 
Garage
Send a message via AIM to mecanico2011
2011 Mustang Paint Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamby View Post
Hola tambien soy de puerto rico lleve el mio por el mismo problema y esta pendiente ya que me hicieron un trabajo grave el bonete quedo de otro color.

Hi im from puerto rico to and use to have the same issue. Look at the paint very carefully because they paint mi car and the paint wont match not even close. They say that it was normal because black is difficult to match
Saludos/Hi
De donde eres? y cual Dealer to ayudo? Yo voy a Cabrerra en Hatillo.

mecanico2011 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Rookie
 
mecanico2011's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Quebradillas
Posts: 23
 
Garage
Send a message via AIM to mecanico2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordService View Post
Thank you for the mention, KrisHeinold.

Hello go4broke,

I recommend you go contact your selling dealer first and then make an appointment with them. Your Service Manager is in the best position to look into this for you. He can check into any warranty, Recalls, or Customer Satisfaction Programs that may apply to your vehicle. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to PM me.

Deysha
I am very troubled by the poor build quality of my 2011 Mustang GT. I have had drive train issues since new and now the paint is defective. I noticed bubbling of paint on my hood and also underneath, along the entire frame of the hood; some 20 plus spots of corrosion. I took it to my local dealer in Puerto Rico. I just had Ford make a determination on the same issue with my 2011 GT, Yellow Blaze Metallic. They will send it to repair, repaint, refinish.. however, I am aware that there is a legal issue Ford has or had regarding the paint issues. The problem is caused by dissimilar metals in contact, aluminum skin, steel frame underneath, called inter-crystalline corrosion, seen on aircraft. Ford refers to it as Defective Galvanic Coupling. This is not satisfactory, as the problem will only recur. I want the hood replaced, as this not an isolated problem, in fact it is widespread. This is a Quality Control Issue, and the high cost of this vehicle demands a better solution. What has happened to Ford Job One???

mecanico2011 is offline  
MACH I Member
 
matthewr87's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto / Houston
Posts: 2,657
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mecanico2011 View Post
I am very troubled by the poor build quality of my 2011 Mustang GT. I have had drive train issues since new and now the paint is defective. I noticed bubbling of paint on my hood and also underneath, along the entire frame of the hood; some 20 plus spots of corrosion. I took it to my local dealer in Puerto Rico. I just had Ford make a determination on the same issue with my 2011 GT, Yellow Blaze Metallic. They will send it to repair, repaint, refinish.. however, I am aware that there is a legal issue Ford has or had regarding the paint issues. The problem is caused by dissimilar metals in contact, aluminum skin, steel frame underneath, called inter-crystalline corrosion, seen on aircraft. Ford refers to it as Defective Galvanic Coupling. This is not satisfactory, as the problem will only recur. I want the hood replaced, as this not an isolated problem, in fact it is widespread. This is a Quality Control Issue, and the high cost of this vehicle demands a better solution. What has happened to Ford Job One???
This problem has been happening for many years (since at least 2007). My car (2011) has it too, as does my cousin's Mustang (2012) and my friend's Mustang (2007). My dealership repainted the hood but, as you say, the issue will recur. Not sure what anyone can do about that though.

Present: 2012 Mustang GT/CS - Race red - Electronics package - Security package - 3.73 - Steeda shift knob - Steeda shift bracket - ProCal II Tune - GT500 ABs - Shaftmasters DS - Boss 302S Wheels - Build date: February 14th, 2012

Past: 2011 Mustang V6 - Pony Package Premium Coupe - Black - Charcoal Leather - Roush Front Fascia - Matte Black Lemans and Hockey Stick Hood Stripes - 6% HP Charcoal Tint - 3.31
matthewr87 is offline  
 
PONY Member
 
Don's Stang's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Chestnut Hill
Posts: 653
 
I had the same thing on mine, Ford repaired and repainted my hood this spring

They had to strip the seam sealer under the hood, sand, prime, and repaint the whole hood

2011 VMPcharged GT Auto, RGR/JPC Motor, Borla Touring, Alum Driveshaft, tuned by VMP [email protected]

Fired up the willing engine, responding with a roar.Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime.Wind in my hair Shifting and drifting Mechanical music Adrenaline surge - Rush -
Don's Stang is offline  
FordService
Guest
 
FordService's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamby View Post
Hola tambien soy de puerto rico lleve el mio por el mismo problema y esta pendiente ya que me hicieron un trabajo grave el bonete quedo de otro color.

Hi im from puerto rico to and use to have the same issue. Look at the paint very carefully because they paint mi car and the paint wont match not even close. They say that it was normal because black is difficult to match
Quote:
Originally Posted by mecanico2011 View Post
Hi
I just had Ford make a determination on the same issue with my 2011 GT, Yellow Blaze Metallic. They will send it to repair, repaint, refinish.. however, I am aware that there is a legal issue Ford has or had regarding the paint issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mecanico2011 View Post
I am very troubled by the poor build quality of my 2011 Mustang GT. I have had drive train issues since new and now the paint is defective. I noticed bubbling of paint on my hood and also underneath, along the entire frame of the hood; some 20 plus spots of corrosion. I took it to my local dealer in Puerto Rico. I just had Ford make a determination on the same issue with my 2011 GT, Yellow Blaze Metallic. They will send it to repair, repaint, refinish.. however, I am aware that there is a legal issue Ford has or had regarding the paint issues. The problem is caused by dissimilar metals in contact, aluminum skin, steel frame underneath, called inter-crystalline corrosion, seen on aircraft. Ford refers to it as Defective Galvanic Coupling. This is not satisfactory, as the problem will only recur. I want the hood replaced, as this not an isolated problem, in fact it is widespread. This is a Quality Control Issue, and the high cost of this vehicle demands a better solution. What has happened to Ford Job One???
Hola mi gente,

Entiendo sus preocupaciones con respecto a la pintura en sus vehículos. Una vez que se lleva a cabo esta reparación el problema no debería volver. Recomiendo que ustedes se póngan en contacto con nuestro Centro de Relaciones al Cliente en Puerto Rico 1-800-841-3673 para obtener más ayuda. Déjame saber el resultado.

Deysha

Quote:
(Translation)

I understand your concerns regarding the paint on your vehicles. Once this repair is performed the issue should not return. I recommend you contact our Puerto Rico Customer Relationship Center at 1-800-841-3673 for further assistance. Let me know the outcome.
Rookie
 
mecanico2011's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Quebradillas
Posts: 23
 
Garage
Send a message via AIM to mecanico2011
2011 Mustang Paint Issues

Thanks for your input, but repainting is not an option when the entire hood has a corrosion problem. Ford has this ongoing issue with paint, they need to fix it by replacing the hood not painting. I did call the PR Customer Relations, just get a voice recording, so I sent them an email, No response to that either.
Maybe you can get them to respond..??
mecanico2011 is offline  
Apprentice
5.0L Member
 
jmcman's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: wayne
Posts: 146
 
my 05 had that problem ,and ford would not fix it ,my 2012 had it and ford just last week repainted the hood ,and i do think it will come, back sometime ,a after market hood will be in the future

2012 gt premium,Black on Black,3.55,flowmaster, DG hidden fog light grille ,JLT Performance oil catch can,,ford racing strut tower brace,SR lower control arm,White Line reloction bracket.Barton two post shifter bracket2010 mustang gt premium ,3.73
jmcman is offline  
FordService
Guest
 
FordService's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by mecanico2011 View Post
Thanks for your input, but repainting is not an option when the entire hood has a corrosion problem. Ford has this ongoing issue with paint, they need to fix it by replacing the hood not painting. I did call the <acronym title="Page Ranking">PR Customer Relations, just get a voice recording, so I sent them an email, No response to that either.
Maybe you can get them to respond..??
PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number, mecanico2011.

Deysha
GT Member
 
Jazzcat's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Ontario
Posts: 1,339
 
This is exactly where I've found the bubbling after a little over 3 years...

This should be a class action for a free fiberglass hood.


2012 V6 Auto / MPT Performance-Street Tune (5.0 Killa)

Jazzcat is offline  
FordService
Guest
 
FordService's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzcat View Post
This is exactly where I've found the bubbling after a little over 3 years...

This should be a class action for a free fiberglass hood.
Hi Jazzcat,

I recommend you speak with your service manager at your Ford Dealer. He is in the best position to look into this for you and can check into any warranty, assistance, recalls, or customer satisfaction programs that may apply to your vehicle.

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to PM our FordServiceCA Rep on this forum.

Deysha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1