Ford Mustang Forum banner

2011+ repairs - how often is it going into the shop?

2K views 29 replies 22 participants last post by  Elite_Deforce 
#1 ·
Hey guys, just trying to get an idea of how well built the new mustangs are. Tell me what problems you've had, what you've fixed yourself, and what you've taken into the shop. Please nothing about the MT82's!!! There are enough threads for that lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.com App

#3 ·
Other than regularly scheduled oil changes and tire rotations, I've had them change the wiper blades and change my Summer tires for Winter and back (twice now). I won't mention the thing that cannot be named because I'm just living with it. I have experienced the "long crank" 4 times now, so I'll get that taken care of with the TSB. I have 32,000 km on the car now and we drive it all year round.

#7 ·
I have experienced the "long crank" 4 times now, so I'll get that taken care of with the TSB. I have 32,000 km on the car now and we drive it all year round.
I take it the "long crank" is an MT82 related issue? What's TSB?
Glad to find a fellow Canadian, how is it with winter driving? Not that this most recent winter was a very good test :bounce2:

#5 ·
Only once for a check engine light. It was fuel system related and they found nothing wrong. A similar code has popped up a few times since then and I since bought a code reader and I just clear them. I may bring it in if it pops up again.

#6 ·
I had to get the engine tick repaired at 6700 km which was last year. I WILL be taking it in for a fried power seat motor, buzzing gauge cluster, and the automatic transmission "bump" problem soon. Overall, not what I would expect for a car built in May 2010 and with less than 19,000km on the odometer. Not very impressed so far.

#10 ·
I've had no issues whatsoever. I also change my own oil.

#12 ·
Just the one oil change so far, just under 5500 miles now. No issues.

#13 ·
Its great to hear so many people with well running mustangs... the cars are still relatively young I suppose, but I think this just goes to show some were unlucky and the rest depends on the owner I think.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.com App

#14 ·
Routine oil changes, installation of FRPP ProCal II, and rims and tires soon

#15 ·
I've taken her in twice for TSBs. One being for LCAs and the other for 02 harness.

#16 ·
I've taken mine to the dealer twice for repairs.
1. Lower control arm replaced due to 'clunk' noise over speed bumps.
2. Fuel pump replacement - Fuel gauge would show empty once it hit 1/2 way mark. The car actually stranded me on the side of the freeway. Fuel tank is a saddle bag type and the pump wasn't pulling the fuel from one side.

Other than that oil change.

#23 ·
2012 GT Premium (22K miles). Been to the shop for lower control arms squeaking...while there the dealer found a leaky water pump and replaced it under warranty. Also had a defective battery, leaking battery acid. Only other thing I have now is a squeaky clutch, its just not consistent. Never seems to do it when I take it to the dealer.

#24 ·
One TSB for swapping out the trans oil fluid and the rest have been for tires and oil. That's it, unlike my regular visits to the dealer when I was jonesing a nasty german car habit.

This thing is NOT living up to the American car horror stories that my parents always talked about and why they'd never buy anything but japanese.

This thing has been solid and relaible and it's now setting a standard for me! =)

#27 ·
20,000 miles so far, 1 trip for warranty on a leaky differential vent - fixed at no charge. The fake hood scoop is not attached very well (at delivery) dealer said they'd fix but it's like a two day job so I've lived with it. Interior squeaks a little but only every once and a while - comes from dash on passenger side. My starter has hung on me a few times (stays cranking) and while reading this thread think there might be a TSB for that...

The rest has just been oil changes and now coming up on replacing the tires (Brembo Pirellis PZeros)

Very happy so far.

#29 ·
1 time for a TSB that only allowed one side of the fuel tank to be used. So I ran out of gas when I still had half a tank left :nono:

#30 ·
Went in for an LCA replacement already, and now I might have to go in for a rear sway bar.

Overall, my car has needed extra work twice whereas my buddies '09 Rabbit has never been in once in 120K. I'm pretty disappointed, but everything else works as it should. For the record, my tranny was poop when I bought it and now its very smooth.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.