Ford Mustang Forum banner

What hood to put on my 2012 Mustang Boss?

6K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Rebelde302 
#1 ·
I'm not 100% sure if I'm going to do this or not, but I was just curious what hoods are out there that would look good on the Boss? I've seen the BBR 3" Cowl and the Tiger Racing 302S hood...which I'm just not sure about water getting into the engine compartment through the slots in the hood. So I was just curious what other suggestions are out there. Thanks for any input.

Here are the a couple pics of what the 302S hood would look like.

See less See more
#3 ·
Man, that thing just looks too "busy." Definitely go with another choice. Just don't do the "pig nose."

#4 ·
why not keep the original? that thing looks stupid.

#6 ·
If you are going to be tracking the car in warm weather i go with the tiger racing hood. The triger racing hood will flow more air throught the radiator helping keeping the motor cooler on hot days. (Boss 302 like to run Hot when tracking them ) Sec. the tiger racing hood lower the high presser area the build under the hood making the front of the car lift at speed +100 mph so the front tires are better planted . Almost all the other hood are BS crap that dont do any thing good for the car.If you don't go with the tiger racing hood i keep it stock .

#7 ·
Original! esp since you have a Boss, why ruin it.

#9 ·
Lol yeah that hood is really not my thing either, and I think the guy who has that Mustang needs another extra hood pin... :laugh:

#12 ·
I myself was thinking along the lines of the Steeda "Q" hood for my LS. Profile is about the same as stock with the functional vent....I like it better than the 302S hood

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.