Black Boss 302-S wheels installed - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-31-2012 Thread Starter
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
I don't disagree. I can always go with a 40 sidewall on the next set of tires. The problem with the hyperblack is after a day or too, they look like the finish on my Brembo wheels. Brake dust, the great equalizer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty07 View Post
Not too bad, but a couple of things bug me about them. The design of the wheel really accents just how short the sidewalls are on these tires. Someone on the forum got the hyper black ones which I think stand out a bit more. But, as long as you like them!

2011 GT | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembos | Barton | Airaid | CDC chin | Corsa X pipe & Xtremes | DSS Aluminum Shaft | BMR Rear loop & LCA relocating brackets | J&M Extreme LCA | Koni Yellows | Steeda Sports | UMI Panhard | SCT & BAMA
"Yo, nutsack! Let me tell you something, man, muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" - Dwight
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-31-2012 Thread Starter
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Thanks. I would have to get a different style or paint them myself. These wheels come in machine, hyper black and gloss black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnr2001 View Post
looks great white is one of my favorites.. would of also went with a matte finish myself.

sharp looking ride though....

2011 GT | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembos | Barton | Airaid | CDC chin | Corsa X pipe & Xtremes | DSS Aluminum Shaft | BMR Rear loop & LCA relocating brackets | J&M Extreme LCA | Koni Yellows | Steeda Sports | UMI Panhard | SCT & BAMA
"Yo, nutsack! Let me tell you something, man, muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" - Dwight
Apprentice

Wow! That looks really good!

PONY Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by F91 View Post
Technically no and no.
...You can update to the LS 10 in. on the rear someday. Your glossy look can be converted to Matt-Finish, with one balls out canyon run !!

2005-13 Mustang Gloss Black Boss 302 S Wheel 19X9 at LRS - Free Shipping!
...You can update to the, shsss, (chinese), LS 10 in. wheel on the rear someday. Sorry, I checked the link and these do come in a 10 in. also. Why didn't you go for it? Your glossy look can be converted to matte finish with one balls out canyon run ! ... Are the weights of your wheels the same as the Ls' ? The gloss might look bitchen on my car. I'm in search of a second set of track wheels. If Ford says I can race safely with my shhh, (chinese) wheels, I should be safe tracking your wheels...Some people might wonder why I don't just buy a rattle can and paint mine - I will put car back to showroom originality for a resale... maybe someday.:kooky::kooky: (are your wheels made there too!?!)

Last edited by LSECO; 03-31-2012 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Thanks for the heads up,MIGHT just be my ticket as the wheels I'm looking at cost same price for your 4, for just one.
GT Member

Lesco, we really do not need to see that huge pic every time you post!

2016 GT Premium black out 6 speed.
PONY Member

Huge ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadstick View Post
Lesco, we really do not need to see that huge pic every time you post!
Sorry dude. Actually the image is resized DOWN quite a bit !!! Might I suggest that F91 spray his rear wheel wells black. Sorry, I couldn't resist.
post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-31-2012 Thread Starter
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
The reason I didn't go with the staggered is that I want to rotate the tires and I'm just not sold on the handling aspects of that set up.
I'm not going to spray paint anything on the car
The wheels are 27 lbs each, which is actually pretty good.

Rookie

Looks awesome...love the gloss.

Metallic Cheeto
GT Member

F91, lots of opinions here, but I think you did great.

When I bought the RTR wheels from LMR, I didn't get their tire because they only offered a 35 side wall, when a 40 is necessary to get the speedo as stock. While I like the 35 look better, my car is not tuned, so adjusting the speedo is not that easy.

Did you use your tuner to compensate for the smaller diameter?
post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-31-2012 Thread Starter
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
I haven't used the tuner to reset the tire size yet, no rush. Thanks for the compliments.
Ultimately, I post stuff to share. I pull the trigger on the stuff I want and like for various reasons. If people like it, great, but if not, that doesn't even matter.

Rookie

looks really good

2012 performance white 5.0 a6
H.O. fibertrends cowl hood, CDC chin spoiler, BMR lowering springs, JPC axle back, BBR shorty antenna and GT500 rear diffuser.
post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-01-2012 Thread Starter
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
In case anyone was wondering if the Brembo wheels would look good on an earlier GT/CS....

post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-05-2012 Thread Starter
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
One last thing- The Nitto 555's are directional (!). I went to recycle the boxes the wheels came in and found the directions. Uh.... anyway, everything's cool....

MACH I Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

That's a really mean looking GT you have. I personally love the gloss black wheels you chose. Compliments the grill nicely.

2012 Mustang V6 Premium | Black on Black - SOLD
Options:6-speed automatic | pony package | HID headlamps | security package | reverse sensing system | comfort package
Build date: 5/12/2011 | Purchased: 6/7/2011
Mods: tape stripe delete | 20% tint | Dynomax SS cat-back exhaust (39507) | smoked side markers | Injen intake (PF9022WB)
PONY Member

I love you car. I really like how the black sets off your Koni's!

2012 Boss Laguna Seca #290 and 2015 PP Ecoboost (Daily Driver )
Previous: 2011 GT, 2000 Camaro SS, 93 Lightning
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page