Black Boss 302-S wheels installed - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012 Thread Starter
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Black Boss 302-S wheels installed

19x9 all the way around with Nitto 555's 275/35ZR-19. Perfect fit, decent ride and Black. Just what I was looking for, for the most part.
Picked these up from Late Model Restoration. Mounted, balanced, nitrogen fill, TPMS set installed. Ordered on Monday morning, made it to the Puget Sound area (my house) before I got home from work.
So far, I'm liking it.

2011 GT | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembos | Barton | Airaid | CDC chin | Corsa X pipe & Xtremes | DSS Aluminum Shaft | BMR Rear loop & LCA relocating brackets | J&M Extreme LCA | Koni Yellows | Steeda Sports | UMI Panhard | SCT & BAMA
"Yo, nutsack! Let me tell you something, man, muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" - Dwight
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012
PONY Member

Looks good! I like the cammer emblem.

Ex Ford tech for 17 years, 1987 Mustang GT project car. 2010 Flex with Ecoboost
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Hmmm, I don't know..., maybe matte black would have been better for me... Not sure how I feel about these...
Did you ever thought about getting some matching red stripes on the lower sides?

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012 Thread Starter
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Rocker stripes? I'm not a big fan but I wouldn't rule it out. They'd have to be a better design than what is available now. Matte black was never an option for my street wheels. My brembo wheels looked matte all the time with the brake dust! To me, these wheels make the car look shorter, more compact.

2011 GT | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembos | Barton | Airaid | CDC chin | Corsa X pipe & Xtremes | DSS Aluminum Shaft | BMR Rear loop & LCA relocating brackets | J&M Extreme LCA | Koni Yellows | Steeda Sports | UMI Panhard | SCT & BAMA
"Yo, nutsack! Let me tell you something, man, muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" - Dwight
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by F91 View Post
Rocker stripes? I'm not a big fan but I wouldn't rule it out. They'd have to be a better design than what is available now.
Yeah, rocker stripes, they would match your stripes great IMO.

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012
Apprentice
S197 Member

Sharp looking ride.

2012 Grabber blue Performance Package V6
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012
Apprentice
S197 Member

Looks great!

2010 Grabber Blue GT Premium w/18" AMR wheels | 93R Bama SCT Tuner | Eibach Pro kit Springs | FRPP X-pipe | FRPP Exhaust | Comfort Pkg | Performance Appearance Pkg | Over the top stripes | window tint | Lloyd's GT Mats | K&N drop in filter - Love this car!
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012 Thread Starter
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Thanks guys. took it out for a ride. The tires have a different feel to them than the Pirellis. Gotta get used to that. Ride feels almost the same, stiff but not jarring.

post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012
Apprentice

Now that is one CLEAN car!
Looking real good!

2012 Mustang GT 5.0 Ingot Silver MT-6
PONY Member

Looks great.. it was between these and black GT500's when I get the money. Hard decision to make after seeing these.
PONY Member

Thumbs up Looks grrr8

Aren't those LS wheels? And are they 9X19 and 10X19s ??
Apprentice

Not too bad, but a couple of things bug me about them. The design of the wheel really accents just how short the sidewalls are on these tires. Someone on the forum got the hyper black ones which I think stand out a bit more. But, as long as you like them!
MACH I Member

Looks good to me! Congrats!

2012 Ingot GT Premium / 401a / Reverse Sensing & Security / 3.73 Rear

Mods: CS Fascia w/Fogs / Saleen Grille / Flowmaster Hushpower AB / Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Upper Mounts / BMR Adjustable Panhard / TPS Slotted Rotors / Hawk Pads / JLT Catch Can / Barton Shifter / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Airaid CAI / Rockers painted to match / HID Retrofit / Bama Baby!
GT Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member

looks great white is one of my favorites.. would of also went with a matte finish myself.

sharp looking ride though....

03 Mach 1, Full eaton swap,4;10s, slp 2 with mac H pipe, 443 rwhp tuned by Excessive

1990 lx fully built 331 stroker

89 LX lots of goodies
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-31-2012 Thread Starter
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Technically no and no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSECO View Post
Aren't those LS wheels? And are they 9X19 and 10X19s ??
2005-13 Mustang Gloss Black Boss 302 S Wheel 19X9 at LRS - Free Shipping!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page