Ford Mustang Forum banner

How would MEGA MILLIONS Change your Car Situation?

3K views 49 replies 34 participants last post by  Deadstick 
#1 ·
Would you keep your current one? Add more Mods? Buy a Lambo?

Seems like the first thing everyone says they would do with their money is buy a car...so what would you do?

#2 ·
lol, yeah I would keep mine and upgrade it with all the mods I`d like to do. Then I`ll buy also that new 2013 Shelby GT500 and have it done the Super Snake way by Shelby.
I think I`ll get my hands also on a few memorable Mustangs like the 2004 Terminator, the 1967 Eleanor... What can I say I`m a Ford Mustang guy, no Lamborghini for me...:bigthumbsup

#15 ·
^This! I'd keep mine and purchase a 2013 GT500.

After that my kids would be set up for life. Maybe take my wife to dinner...:winks

#3 ·
I would pay off my car, lol...
Invest my money into something productive.
Share some of my money with family and maybe buy my best friend a car.
Build a church !
do some mods to my car that will totally rival any AMG in style.
For daily driving i'll get something luxury and for weekends luxury i'll get a car that's been on my mind for a while and that car is a Maserati Quattroporte.

#5 · (Edited)
Keep My Car

Certainly I'd keep the car I have. 05 GT Coupe.

Mods are a waste of money, you never get back what you paid.

Next I'd need to find a piece of property where I could build a very nice multi car garage...with HVAC

Then I would start looking for several used cars. Used cars are the best way to go.

Where to start ? (All cars MUST have manual trans.)

Well certainly an 05-09 Mustang GT convertible.
A Lotus Elise or Exige. (They've quit making new ones damnit !)
A Porsche Cayman. (Drives better than a 911)
A Nice Beater 4x4 Toyota Truck. (Always Reliable)
One new car. A Mazda 2. (Most Fun to drive cheap new car)

I'll rent an Aventador and a 458 Italia when I want to drive those models.

Shall I start talking about boats next ?

Sorry, no time for that....gotta go to Flat Rock and watch them build my 2014 1/2 pre-production Mustang I've Ordered...

#9 ·
Certainly I'd keep the car I have. 05 GT Coupe.

Mods are a waste of money, you never get back what you paid.

Next I'd need to find a piece of property where I could build a very nice multi car garage...with HVAC

Then I would start looking for several used cars. Used cars are the best way to go.

Where to start ? (All cars MUST have manual trans.)

Well certainly an 05-09 Mustang GT convertible.
A Lotus Elise or Exige. (They've quit making new ones damnit !)
A Porsche Cayman. (Drives better than a 911)
A Nice Beater 4x4 Toyota Truck. (Always Reliable)
One new car. A Mazda 2. (Most Fun to drive cheap new car)

I'll rent an Aventador and a 458 Italia when I want to drive those models.

Shall I start talking about boats next ?

Sorry, no time for that....gotta go to Flat Rock and watch them build my 2014 1/2 pre-production Mustang I've Ordered...
Mods are part of our hobby...I never think of a mod as an investment that I am looking for a return on rather it's an enhancement to something I enjoy. You are right...you never get back what you put into it...and for some, that is ok. Almost bought a Cayman before the 5.0... It would have been a low mileage 2009. Although the Stang is far from a minivan, wife said we needed a backseat for the baby on the way. Car seat fits in the back fine as long as she slides her seat up to the glove box. :bigthumbsup

#6 ·
well, imo winning the mega million then going to buy a used car with over $600mil in the bank is kinda crazy an defeats the purpose but to each his own.for my self, that new up and coming gt500 shelby 1000 is looking pretty good. an i will most def have one on order. i don't care that it cost $150,000, it has 1000hp/750tq. the entire drivetrain is being rebuilt to handle the power, the engine is being moved back for better cornering, 335s supercar tires, some changes to the carpit an outside an more. u car read more about it in the current issue of road and track. a nice house thats not too big, but a huge built garage to hold other dream cars and upcoming cars. quit my fulltime job, then i will be able to double up or triple up on my classes at devry univeristy, spending more time on my schooling whenever im not droolin over the shelby. my very own movie/animation studio will be in the works. oh , an pay off my 2011 v6 stang, and the standard mods, thinking of 3.55s, lowering springs, cai, borla cats w atak exhaust, bbk longtubes or better, bigger brakes cause the procharger will be a must, new rims 19x10 back, 19x9.5 or 20", but nothing bigger, an tuned for daily driver. i will sink quite a bit of money into my 97 gt of which i've had for 9 years an counting. it will be the underdog not to be f@#ked with!!!! been planning to get the stroke 4.6L to 5.1L fordge internals, trick flow heads and cams, KB 2.6 supercharger an more. the list is much too long.

#7 ·
I would buy every car at the Barrett-Jackson auction.

#8 ·
It already has changed my car situation. I keep buying tickets, and have less money for gas.

Pete

#10 ·
nothing like voluntary taxation...like E trade baby says "you're more likely to be mauled by a grizzly bear and polar bear on the same day"....well the winner is somewhere in Maryland, check your tickets if you live there

#11 ·
i would spend about 100 millions in cars. i would own a few formula 1 cars and everything from ferrari from the 1980s to today.

#12 ·
Ferrari 458 would be my toy, would want a classic Ferrari, maybe a Lambo Miura and Countache. Mercedes SLS as well, then maybe a DB9 for driving to work.

G
#13 ·
My car is a lot of fun already so I'd keep it to drive around in most the time. I'd do all the mods I haven't been able to yet and finish it up.

Beyond that, I'd like a Grand Cherokee, a Raptor, a GT-R and an M3. Even though I could afford more exotic cars I'd still want things that don't have to go to the shop every week.

#16 ·
The most important thing to do is to plan ahead. Believe or not a great percentage of lottery winners end up broke within 10 years. If you play the lottery you should be planning already what you will do with the money including investments that will give you some sort of return. Most of us would say "yeah right, with 600 mil I can never blow through that much money." Well people always find ways to spend it... so people keep it real, stay away from drugs and glambling and more than likely you will never spend it all. Good luck in the future, I play every week, lets keep dreaming and yes a 2013 GT500 and 2013 Cobra Jet would be on the list. :bigthumbsup

#18 ·
I would donate the wife's Jeep Grand Cherokee and get her the SRT8 Jeep. I would keep my Mustang and add a few cars to my stable.
1998 Porsche 911
1968 Dodge Charger
1966 Mustang Fastback
1968 Mustang Notchback
A few Icon Toyota Landcruisers, Broncos and Jeeps
A BMW M5 station wagon
A Mercedes Benz G550

Then I would travel and volunteer and be a mentor for underprivileged kids.

#26 ·
Why would you want seattle ? i hate it here...Bellevue is THE only city in WA i would agree to live in...As soon as i can i'm out of this state...

I would get a penthouse apartment next to robert de niro in downtown manhattan !

And +1 on women, lol in fact i won't even have to look i'm sure they will find me on their own.

#20 ·
I hit 4 out of the 5 regular numbers, but missed the megaball! Damn, I only won $150 on the chances of 1 in 15000. Wish I could have got one more number last night, would be sitting pretty with 250 grand this morning. Anyway if I had won the jackpot, I'd build a mile long dragstrip, a nice garage, then just build fun crazy drag vehicles my whole life, and live my life at the drag strip. Instead I'll be taking my wife to the most expensive dinner we've ever had since I only matched 4 numbers. No complaints though, I get to live like a king for a few hours at a local restaurant.

#49 ·
well, u got something back. i lost my $15:sadcry:

#22 ·
Give my house to someone who needs it (single Mom or struggling family?).
Give our 2011 Mustang GT to somebody.
Help my close friends and family with some money.
Move somewhere warmer.
Put money aside for our kids' future.
Invest some.
Travel for a bit.
Buy either a 2013 GT500 or a 2012 Super Snake and a HUMMER H1.

#23 ·
First thing's first

1) Immediately invest most of it
2) buy some real estate and a place for me and my very large garage
3) mod my current stang nicely
4) Ferrari 550 Maranello in mint condish
5) Audi R8 V10
6) BMW 8-series
7) BMW Z8 if I can find
8) 2013 GT500
9) 2 Boxter Spyders (my gf loves that car)
10)

I just realized this list is going to get out of hand fast, ill just stop...

#24 ·
First thing's first
Assuming I won the big one like 300mill after taxes:yelwacko:
1) Immediately invest most of it
2) buy some real estate in dream locations and a place for me and my very large garage
3) mod my current stang nicely blower...
(Same here)
Then for starters:
Women lots of women:kooky:
Travel the world
Bugatti Veyron
Arial Atom V8 and SC
GTR Heavilly modded
Mclaren F1
ZR1
13GT500 vert
1000+hp Supra and Grand National
1000+ hp Terminator
12' 911 turbo
Family cars:
12' M5
1000+ hp SRT8 Jeep

Help friends and familly in need(with in reason)

#25 ·
I would have an auto shop built, staff it with all manner of good personnel, and restore and repair deserving cars so they can live on. With some hard work, I'll die with not a penny to my name, but a lot of representatives of 20th century moving mechanical goodness will keep on rolling.

#27 ·
Yep, I'd keep my GT.... Would need it to get to the golf course every day.........

But I'd be at the Porshe dealer the next day with an order for a 911 and a Cayenne....

Then to the Ford dealer for a Boss 302...........

And then maybe back to the Ford dealer for my son and get him a GT with an auto trans...... Unless I can teach him the stick within a week or so.... Already tried.... Hard on these kids who have grown up on computers............ Stick is the real deal.... And takes some time to teach as I am finding out........ Took me a day with my old 68 vw.........

Then maybe over to Austin Martin to see what they have, just for kicks and giggles.............

Then Ferrarri just to have something red in the stable........

Regards

#29 ·
Then maybe over to Austin Martin to see what they have, just for kicks and giggles.............

Then Ferrarri just to have something red in the stable........

Regards
Not familiar with AUSTIN Martin and FERRARRI. Are those Chinese brands?:laugh:

#31 ·
Hey Pony,

I bet if you had on that jackpot, even you would own atleast one convertible. :hihi:

#32 ·
I would build a large garage to hold multiple cars. Install a Dyno with latest and greatest computer tuning system. I would have lifts and just about every tool you could possibly need. Then I would hire the techs from some major company(s) to personally train me on everything there is to know about cars.

Thats my dream. Im very mechanically inclined. I dabble in quite a few hobbies and Im addicted to all the History and Science channels. I would give anything to have my own shop and the know how to do everything on all types of cars. Customizing a Jeep for mountain climbing would be sweet. Or having the ability to make my own 2013 Shelby 1000.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.