Ford Mustang Forum banner

Physical Differences Between GT500 and '11-'12 Stock Strut Mounts

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  YerBuddysPony 
#1 ·
Ok, I know that the urethane is thicker and harder on the GT500 bushings, but apart from that, does anyone offhand know the physical (dimensional) differences?

Reason I'm asking is that I've already got a set of Eibach Pro dampers that are made for the '11-12s that supposedly are a direct replacement (#35125.840 fit the stock mount). I've been considering changing to the GT500 mounts but don't know if they'd still work.

Anyone?

#3 ·
I don't think they will work. The spring seat might work, but I'm not sure. Give Sam Strano a call and ask.

I put the Steeda HD mount for 2005-2010 in mine and used the GT500 spring seat. I'd probably purchase the Steeda HD Mount for the 2011+ and go that route in your case. Not sure if you still need the spring seat with these:

Strano Performance Parts - Part Details

Like I said, give Sam a call. Good luck!

#4 ·
Thanks for the input, guys.

If worse comes to worse I'll just reuse the OEM mount.

#5 ·
I'm sure you know already, but the OEM mounts are weak. Mine fell apart when I took them off (on the drivers side). Fortunately I didn't need them. Just be careful when you remove them and you should be fine. I was in a rush, which has been my downfall before, and never a good thing if you have 5 thumbs...:winks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.