Ford Mustang Forum banner

About to order a 2013, need to get discounts in order.

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Strange Mud 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

I'm about the pull the trigger and place an order. What I'm curious about is which discounts stack and which don't. What do I need to present to get the best deal? For example I have a Z-plan pin from my father-in-law. I'm also a Costco member, belong to a credit union, etc.

I know without a detailed background it's impossible to know for sure, but does anyone have some recent examples of things they bundled to get the car's price down?

D

#2 ·
Hey everyone,

I'm about the pull the trigger and place an order. What I'm curious about is which discounts stack and which don't. What do I need to present to get the best deal? For example I have a Z-plan pin from my father-in-law. I'm also a Costco member, belong to a credit union, etc.

I know without a detailed background it's impossible to know for sure, but does anyone have some recent examples of things they bundled to get the car's price down?

D
If you're using X- or Z-plan then the only person that can really answer it for you is your salesmen. Plan sales are put through corporate; when the dealer puts your order through the system using a program called VINCENT it will tell you which incentives are combinable with the plan and which are not. Just bring whatever incentives that feel apply to you, they'll punch it in and see if it sticks.

The beauty of using the plan is that it takes dealer shenanigans out of the equation.

#3 ·
The costco membership does not work with any other plans is what I understood. With it I think they lock it to a certain price and you have to take it or leave it. I think it would be good to find all the other combinations and see if you can get it cheaper then the costco one. Which would be better.

#4 ·
The best combinable discounts have been the x/z-plan with the $750 cash discount with the ford incentives.

G
#5 ·
I ordered via X-Plan, and was told this cannot be combined with other discount plans; however, the dealer sales manager said I can also take advantage of additional incentives available from Ford when I sign the final paperwork upon delivery (IF additional incentives are being offered at that time). He's been straight up with on other info I have inquired about, so can only hope for good timing, now.

#7 ·
Yeah try to get that coupon. I got it within a couple days. You don't have to even wait until you get it in the mail, once they issue it and mail it the dealer can look it up.

I had one dealer look it up silently when I was negotiating via email, and folded it into the price quote without saying so. That sucked for them when we were $750 apart on the price when we got to brass tacks. They didn't get to sell me a car.

#8 ·
Where to I order the brochure for the $750 cupon?

#9 ·
go to the Ford site and ask for info sent both Email and snail mail. For the email use your real name and address but use multiple accounts. I also asked for info on the Flex (a slow seller) to hopefully increase my odds. If you have no trade in you should be able to email all the dealers in your state what you want to order and be able to get it for invoice or less and keep all rebates. On my car I ordered a 12 in April of that year and got it for $400 less than invoice, kept all rebates, with a couple of gimmies thrown in....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.