Forgestar CF05's - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-03-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YerBuddysPony View Post
...They sure look good dafreeze. I think they would look really nice on your Kona.
I'd intended to thank you for this MyBuddy in my first response and compliment you on your taste as it agrees w/mine, but I spaced it amongst all the other junk I wrote.

2012 GT Prem Cp, Kona w/MT-82, 401A, 3.73's & HID/Sec. GT-500 Spoiler & OE sidescoops. FR Pwr Upgrd & FR3 Adj Hndl Packs. MaxMoto CC plates. BMR Adj Panhard. 255/45 and 285/40-18 Conti DW's on silver Forgestar CF5's.Tint, clear bra, CDC Dead Pedal, JLT Oil Separator and Black in Back.

Ordered 3/18/11. Built 5/4. ETA 5/22. Arrived 5/24.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-03-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindsayEOD View Post
...If you are a member of s197, they have a whole thread dedicated to pics of Forgestars on Mustangs. Here is the link:
WWW.S197FORUM.COM
Holy moly, what a thread...my eyes hurt. Only found one discerning pic, but it's enough to confirm my fear of how I'd feel about this wheel, at least in a 19". The way the spokes go all the way to the outside edge of the rim just makes the wheel look too large for my taste.

That now leaves me w/only the mirror faced Nurburgrings...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	forgestar1-1.jpg
Views:	3678
Size:	151.9 KB
ID:	152855  

2012 GT Prem Cp, Kona w/MT-82, 401A, 3.73's & HID/Sec. GT-500 Spoiler & OE sidescoops. FR Pwr Upgrd & FR3 Adj Hndl Packs. MaxMoto CC plates. BMR Adj Panhard. 255/45 and 285/40-18 Conti DW's on silver Forgestar CF5's.Tint, clear bra, CDC Dead Pedal, JLT Oil Separator and Black in Back.

MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafreeze View Post
I'd intended to thank you for this MyBuddy in my first response and compliment you on your taste as it agrees w/mine, but I spaced it amongst all the other junk I wrote.
No worries brother. The nice thing about Kona Blue is that you can put just about any color and style on and they will look good. Good luck with the decision...it's taking me forever.

2012 Ingot GT Premium / 401a / Reverse Sensing & Security / 3.73 Rear

Mods: CS Fascia w/Fogs / Saleen Grille / Flowmaster Hushpower AB / Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Upper Mounts / BMR Adjustable Panhard / TPS Slotted Rotors / Hawk Pads / JLT Catch Can / Barton Shifter / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Airaid CAI / Rockers painted to match / HID Retrofit / Bama Baby!

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-05-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

reconsidering 18" wheels, which with the CF5's the effect of the spokes going all the way out to the edge of the rim doesn't look quite so massive. Didn't realize Forgestar had a cool simulator where you can insert your pics...here's my car as is, with the 18" CF5's in brushed and gunmetal.

hmm...what do you think? I'm thinking they're kind of 'stary'...duh, what'd I expect.

as I was typing this just got a response from Paul @ Forgestar (note he didn't give me a weight, but he's referring to the ~24 and 25#'s he'd quoted me on the 19x9's and 10's.;

Dave,

No problem, I'm glad to help.

Yes, 18" will clear the Brembo brakes. I would still recommend a 18x9 / 18x10 for that size tire. If you were to go to an 11" wheel, 285 would be very tight and stretched across the wheel.

The 18" wheels are lighter and the set costs 1345.00 w/ Free Shipping within the United States.

The 4-6 week wait time is very firm as long as the parts are in-stock to manufacture the wheels and no delays occur during the manufacturing process. Delays generally only occur if a wheel or wheels does not pass our quality control. If this happens, we have the wheel redone which may add some additional build time but we always notify you of something like this and keep you posted.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Kind Regards,

Paul
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MustangGT14.jpg
Views:	597
Size:	184.7 KB
ID:	152997   Click image for larger version

Name:	CF5brushed.jpg.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	152998   Click image for larger version

Name:	CF5gunmetal.jpg.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	152999  

post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Just ordered in Silver from Howey Industries for the price Paul quoted above.

18x9 w/+35mm offset and 18x10 w/+42mm offset. 21 and 22# (+/- a little, depending on the offset), w/a load rating of 1520#. He stated they used to be rated @ 1200#.

Figuring on Conti Extreme Contact DW's in 255/45 and 285/40.

Really wanted these wheels in 19x9 and 19x11 to run Michelin Pilot Super Sports in 255/40 and 295/35 (they don't make it in a 285/35-19) but that's way more $ and a bit more weight, for both wheels and tires.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page