Ford Mustang Forum

Ford Mustang Forum (/forums/)
-   2011-2014 Mustang Talk (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-2014-mustang-talk/)
-   -   255's or 275's all around. Simple a Poll. (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-2014-mustang-talk/339093-255s-275s-all-around-simple-poll.html)

RacingRedGT 04-14-2012 01:42 AM

255's or 275's all around. Simple a Poll.
 
Simple question. If u had a choice which would u pick. I want the ability to rotate the tires. They will be Nitto Invo either 255/45/18 or 275/40/18.

F91 04-14-2012 01:58 AM

I have the NT 555 275/35zr 19's all the way around.

Deki 04-14-2012 02:29 AM

I'd go with the 275 all the way around, but it would depend on the width of the wheel you were putting it on. If it's an 8 or 8.5" wheel, I'd do 255. If you were doing a 9 or 9.5 I'd go 275. On the stock 18" wheel, 255. I voted 275 up top however, if you're going to a wider wheel.

Jordyn 04-14-2012 02:54 AM

I have 275/40's all around on my car and I dont like it. at all. so much so i am switching back to 245's. on a warm dry smooth road the 275's are beautiful. they hydroplane in the wet, and the car doesn't drive anywhere near as straight on non-perfect roads.

just my 2cents worth

GoT midlife CS 04-14-2012 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deki (Post 3012688)
I'd go with the 275 all the way around, but it would depend on the width of the wheel you were putting it on. If it's an 8 or 8.5" wheel, I'd do 255. If you were doing a 9 or 9.5 I'd go 275. On the stock 18" wheel, 255. I voted 275 up top however, if you're going to a wider wheel.

This is great advice ...... or else this can happen!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordyn (Post 3012700)
I have 275/40's all around on my car and I dont like it. at all. so much so i am switching back to 245's. on a warm dry smooth road the 275's are beautiful. they hydroplane in the wet, and the car doesn't drive anywhere near as straight on non-perfect roads.

just my 2cents worth


214_5.0 04-14-2012 04:31 AM

What is the obsession some people have with rotating tires, to save money? It's not like it makes your car magically use less tread...you just buy rear tires more often and front less often.

I vote staggered 275 rear and 255 front. Here are the advantages: Better Looks, Better Handling, and technically saves you money over 275's all around because 255's for the front are cheaper.

But if you're set on rotating...255 all around.

650hpGT500 04-14-2012 05:27 AM

275s all the way. There's nothing wrong with adding alittle more meat on the car!

twistedneck 04-14-2012 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 650hpGT500 (Post 3012751)
275s all the way. There's nothing wrong with adding alittle more meat on the car!

I agree, and why not consider 285's on the rear? or even 315 35 18rear to go with a 275 40 18 front since they are the exact same OD?

Camaro toasted the Boss and it had 285's on the front and 305 on the rear author specifically mentioned the more rubber making a difference to the smallish 255 front 285 rear rubber on the boss.

YerBuddysPony 04-14-2012 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deki (Post 3012688)
I'd go with the 275 all the way around, but it would depend on the width of the wheel you were putting it on. If it's an 8 or 8.5" wheel, I'd do 255. If you were doing a 9 or 9.5 I'd go 275. On the stock 18" wheel, 255. I voted 275 up top however, if you're going to a wider wheel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoT midlife CS (Post 3012706)
This is great advice ...... or else this can happen!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordyn (Post 3012700)
I have 275/40's all around on my car and I dont like it. at all. so much so i am switching back to 245's. on a warm dry smooth road the 275's are beautiful. they hydroplane in the wet, and the car doesn't drive anywhere near as straight on non-perfect roads.

Deki and Got_midlife said it all. :bigthumbsup

I didn't vote simply because I don't know the width of the wheels; as was so eloquently explained by Deki.

2Manystangs 04-14-2012 08:08 AM

you're only talking 20mm difference, less than an inch...

wproctor411 04-14-2012 09:45 AM

I went with 275/40/18 NT05 but I only drive on warm sunny days. They are great at the strip and awesome on a track. Very balanced very good cornering. I wouldn't recommend the NT05 for daily driving. These don't have much tread.

RacingRedGT 04-14-2012 10:30 AM

The wheel is going to be the AMR machined 18x9

nsadams87xx 04-14-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 214_5.0 (Post 3012743)
What is the obsession some people have with rotating tires, to save money? It's not like it makes your car magically use less tread...you just buy rear tires more often and front less often.

I vote staggered 275 rear and 255 front. Here are the advantages: Better Looks, Better Handling, and technically saves you money over 275's all around because 255's for the front are cheaper.

But if you're set on rotating...255 all around.


I think this can be subjective and looks being a matter of opinion. I think if you're not heavily modifying your car and you want wider/different tires, I'd say your best bet is to probably square off as to not lose the car's handling balance. It does seem like unless you're going to change certain suspension parts, you're better off all around. But if you change the rear suspension more than the front or specifically craft your suspension for such a setup, then yeah, staggered is probably the way to go.

Magnamover 04-14-2012 11:31 AM

Another option is 265/40/18s. I chose the size because of price but I am very happy with them.

fake 04-14-2012 02:07 PM

I have the AMR staggered set up; 18x9 & 18x10. If you're wanting to rotate, go 275's.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
vB.Sponsors
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2002-2015 All Ford Enthusiasts Network ™.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome