Finally got her in the driveway! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Finally got her in the driveway!

It's been a long wait but finally got her parked in my driveway! Not exactly what I wanted so let the mods begin! Have some staggered chrome GT500's with sumitomos, a boss front fascia with foglights, gloss black c-stripe and lemans stripes (12") coming this week (right AM? ) along with a couple other goodies. My wife wasn't very excited about it until she got in and drove. Son of a gun this is one sweet car!

2012 GT Premium, 6spd, 3.73's, comfort package, rear camera which I didn't want but is actually pretty cool! and the 18" polished aluminum wheels which I'm going to sell as soon as I get the new wheels. Car only had 13 miles on it when I first test drove it (a dealer an hour 1/2 away) and had plastic on the seats and steering wheel too. Local dealer went and got it for me...long story that I'm tired of telling...so it had 107miles on it when I picked it up. Only has 150 on it since I'm trying to preserve the tires for whoever wants them. Yeah, it's killing me not to drive it goin on day 3 of ownership! I have to say, the shifter is suprisingly nice. I know it's still new, but I was expecting much worse after reading all the discussion about skip shift and the soft bushing. Yeah, I know it may come to be when I actually start driving her, but for now I'm in awe! Dealer didn't install the front plate bracket for me as I requested. I used smaller screws since I have a flip up holder coming that I'll install once the new fascia is on. That way the oem fascia is virgin for whoever ends up getting it if I decide to part with it. Will post more pics after mods. You like the boat towing shot? How about that hot black focus in the background too!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MyGT3.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	208.3 KB
ID:	153747   Click image for larger version

Name:	MyGT1.JPG
Views:	324
Size:	333.2 KB
ID:	153748  

'12 GT Premium, Race Red, 6spd, Roush 575SC, JLT Oil Catch Can, MGW shifter, Eibach Pro springs, FRPP Jounce kit, Steeda Adj UCA, Shaftmasters Aluminum DS, J&M Adj Panhard, UPR PH Brace, J&M LCA's, Black C stripe, 1/4 louvers, Boss spoiler w fogs, 19" staggered Chrome GT500's, MGP Caliper covers, 7 bar AM Grill, rear camera
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012
MACH I Member

So...you're excited?

Just kidding! Congratulations on a nice choice. She looks fabulous.

2012 Ingot GT Premium / 401a / Reverse Sensing & Security / 3.73 Rear

Mods: CS Fascia w/Fogs / Saleen Grille / Flowmaster Hushpower AB / Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Upper Mounts / BMR Adjustable Panhard / TPS Slotted Rotors / Hawk Pads / JLT Catch Can / Barton Shifter / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Airaid CAI / Rockers painted to match / HID Retrofit / Bama Baby!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012
Banned

You'll end up loving the rear camera. I have it and every time I drive another car I'm always shocked it's not there. You'll still end up using your mirrors and looking, but what a great tool! I've hacked mine and I can use it while I'm going down the road at 60 mph, or whatever speed of course. Out of all the toys to show, DVD in motion, satellite, USB, horsepower, etc. people want to see that rear camera while the car is moving forward over and over again.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012
PONY Member

I love those wheels! If mine had those as the stock wheels I wouldn't have bought my AMR's. And nice color! Race Red is bad ass!

2011 Race Red 5.0 -6MT 3:73's--Roush RS3 clone. Aluminatored!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12blackgt View Post
You'll end up loving the rear camera. I have it and every time I drive another car I'm always shocked it's not there. You'll still end up using your mirrors and looking, but what a great tool! I've hacked mine and I can use it while I'm going down the road at 60 mph, or whatever speed of course. Out of all the toys to show, DVD in motion, satellite, USB, horsepower, etc. people want to see that rear camera while the car is moving forward.
So what is is hack I would love to do that, I have the nav? Thanks
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97tbird View Post
So what is is hack I would love to do that, I have the nav? Thanks
I don't want to steal the man's thread, but for his sake as well as yours below. I did my own hack, but you can purchase something very similar from Costal Electronics. I believe it's called lock-pick.

Hack

Warning: link takes you to a 14.8 MB WMV video. Sorry the sun bleached out the speedo, but you'll get the point regardless.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012
PONY Member
S197 Member

Nice car, I really like the wheels. All you need now is a hitch to tow that boat

2011 GT in Grabber Blue, Prem Package, 6MT, 3.73, Brembo, Comfort Pkg, Safety & Security Pkg, Acc. Pkg #5.

MODS:
VMP Roush R2300 TVS Supercharger, 82mm pulley, JLT-BAI, Roush Boost gauge, Boss Quad exhaust, Hushpowers, Boss trans cooler, Boss shifter ball, Saleen grille with Boss/CS front fascia.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-16-2012
Rookie

If I saw you towing that boat with that car, I'd buy you a case of beer
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-16-2012
Rookie

It's been a long wait but finally got her parked in my driveway! Not exactly what I wanted so let the mods begin!
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Congratulations on your new Mustang, it looks great, well can't wait to see it after the mods tho!
Quote:
Originally Posted by beviking View Post
I have to say, the shifter is suprisingly nice. I know it's still new, but I was expecting much worse after reading all the discussion about skip shift and the soft bushing.
Well, the bad thing about internet is that it can make things sound worst than they really are, I'm sure you'll find the transmission great like I did, and I have 26.000 miles on mine now...

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.
PONY Member

nice looking color lol

2012 GT Premium/Race Red/6MT/3.73 gears/Borla S-type

Ordered-9/27/11
Build-10/28/11
ETA-11/20/11
GT Member
S197 Member

Nice car, and I love the wheels, too (see sig line). For various reasons Race Red wasn't on my short list this time around, but it's hard to beat a red Mustang.

To clarify: you're planning to go with 12" Le Mans stripes AND C-stripes on the sides? It's your car, of course, but to me that seems a little excessive, and conflicting ... JMO and FWIW and all that.

Allez Rouge
2012 GT Premium Coupe | Performance White | 401A Charcoal+Grabber Blue | Comfort Pkg | MT82 | Boss 302 Shift Knob | 18" Pony Pkg Wheels w/Brembo Pkg Center Caps | Boss/CS Front Valance | Scott Drake 5.0/Tri-bar Fender Emblems | FRPP Strut Tower Brace | Redline Hood Struts | GT500 Rear Splash Guards | Rear Spoiler Delete | Sound Tube Delete
MACH I Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Car looks great, OP! Congrats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceRed50 View Post
I love those wheels!
Thanks for the compliment. lol

2012 Mustang V6 Premium | Black on Black - SOLD
Options:6-speed automatic | pony package | HID headlamps | security package | reverse sensing system | comfort package
Build date: 5/12/2011 | Purchased: 6/7/2011
Mods: tape stripe delete | 20% tint | Dynomax SS cat-back exhaust (39507) | smoked side markers | Injen intake (PF9022WB)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page