Continue to wait for MGW Shifter or... - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

I dunno about you but, from what I've seen on their videos. They really know their engineering. I don't think anyone else on the market has put the time to scrutineer a shifter to such perfection. It's a complete redesign for the price of must top shifter assemblies..

I'd wait for however long it took for them to produce me a quality shifter because in the end, you wont find anything else like it.

2011 MUSTANG GT 5.0 - STERLING GREY 6SPD - Steeda CAI, Bama 91OCT Tune, Flowmaster Hushpower, H&R Super Sport Springs, Boss 302 Strut Brace, Fender mounted gatling guns
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-16-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks for the responses. I emailed MGW, and they said it should ship end of next week. There are some parts they are waiting for that they are making right now. So total time for this particular order is 6 weeks. Sooo, I think I'll hang out a few more weeks, and while I'm waiting order the fluid and JHR clutch line. Might as well go all the way, haha

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AssassinGT View Post
I dunno about you but, from what I've seen on their videos. They really know their engineering. I don't think anyone else on the market has put the time to scrutineer a shifter to such perfection. It's a complete redesign for the price of must top shifter assemblies..

I'd wait for however long it took for them to produce me a quality shifter because in the end, you wont find anything else like it.
These are the same kinda comments people made about the Barton when it was hot and people waited weeks/months to land one. Thats NOT to say that both are not good - or great for that matter - but all of this high praise might just be the most recent round of latest, greatest, most $$$ modification bandwagoning. That being said I wouldn't wait too too much longer for MGW as the market has many other options ready to go.

2007 ROUSH M90 Supercharged Mustang GT
2011 Vortech V-3 Si-Trim Mustang GT

PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

If you are not wanting to wait, I know someone who has his for sale. PM me if interested.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaholland View Post
These are the same kinda comments people made about the Barton when it was hot and people waited weeks/months to land one. Thats NOT to say that both are not good - or great for that matter - but all of this high praise might just be the most recent round of latest, greatest, most $$$ modification bandwagoning. That being said I wouldn't wait too too much longer for MGW as the market has many other options ready to go.
but it has a complete redesigned bottom shifter piece that also has made a more efficient use of the holding bracket design by giving it a sliding bar. Plus it comes with a new boot and a lot for the price of just a top piece and bracket compared to most companies..

I'm not trying to spread hype but I mean just look at the videos; it's a completely rebuilt design. Its unfair to say that I'm just saying that to jump on the bandwagon; as it's the first time I've seen it (like many others I'm sure) and don't really know much only from what I've seen from their site. What other options are there that can give you this sort of deal? with this much stuff included & redesigned?

2011 MUSTANG GT 5.0 - STERLING GREY 6SPD - Steeda CAI, Bama 91OCT Tune, Flowmaster Hushpower, H&R Super Sport Springs, Boss 302 Strut Brace, Fender mounted gatling guns
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page