Fender Bender... - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-21-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Fender Bender...

Well, I had my old Grand Cherokee for 5 years without a scratch, and after four months I've already had an incident with the Mustang.

Was driving through a parking lot today when an older guy (prob 60) started backing up his truck. Slammed on my breaks and laid on the horn for a solid three or for seconds, but he slammed right into me.

Damage wasn't too bad. Anyone have any experience with repairs on damage like this. Will they have to replace the whole front fascia? It pretty beat up along with the separation.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Damage.jpg
Views:	988
Size:	537.7 KB
ID:	154159  

2012 V6 Base - Sterling Grey Metallic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-21-2012
PONY Member

Damm that sucks,

Did you shoot him?

Just saying

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-21-2012
PONY Member

I cant really see any paint damage. Did you try to push the bumper back in and see if it stays?

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-21-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert50Rat View Post
Damm that sucks,

Did you shoot him?

Just saying
I would have considered it if I wasn't so in shock. Couldn't believe he didn't stop since I had laid on my horn for so long. He said "I heard the horn but couldn't see you"

What an idiot. Told me not to let it ruin my day. F him.

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-21-2012
opq
PONY Member

Talking

The parts holding up the bumper could be gone. I'd definitely make that guy pay for what he did.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiffy View Post
I would have considered it if I wasn't so in shock. Couldn't believe he didn't stop since I had laid on my horn for so long. He said "I heard the horn but couldn't see you"

The idiots are out there for sure,
I was leaving the NHRA Winter Nationals and was stoped at an intersection by a highway patrol directing traffic and this azzhat in front of me with about 200 other cars in line behind me decided to back up "fast" so he could get enough room to turn around and backed into my 2005 GT square in the bumber and hit so hard the body shop had to replace the hood, grill, radiator and radiator support, had to cut that out and weld a new one back in.
He told the highway patrol officer he didnt know anyone was behind him :

I know how you feel,
Make him pay, alot
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Would you guys think with that damage I may have to have the entire fascia replaced? If so I may just pay the extra for a different style. Been thinking about that at some point anyway.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012
MACH I Member

Looks like an easy fix. Even if the bumper cover needs to be replaced then you could also go with the CS lower fascia if you wanted. Insurance claim equals a good time to mod. From the picture it looks like you could maybe push the bumper cover back on. That's where the snaps are anyway.

I agree with the guy who hit you...don't let it ruin your day. Look at it as an opportunity to mod without much cost to you. Just be happy you have insurance and it wasn't your fault. His insurance will pay.

2012 Ingot GT Premium / 401a / Reverse Sensing & Security / 3.73 Rear

Mods: CS Fascia w/Fogs / Saleen Grille / Flowmaster Hushpower AB / Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Upper Mounts / BMR Adjustable Panhard / TPS Slotted Rotors / Hawk Pads / JLT Catch Can / Barton Shifter / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Airaid CAI / Rockers painted to match / HID Retrofit / Bama Baby!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012
Californicajun

I doubt that you'll get the entire bumper replaced. I am going throught his right now and they are held on with mostly plastic clips in some areas and the shop may have to replace those pins and realign the bumper and cover.
They can do things to the cover to repair them and not have to replace it. (unfortunately)
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiffy View Post

A friend of mine had that happen including the part about hearing but not seeing. But to make it worse, this guy actually hit him 3 times. His car stopped when he hit my friends so he pulled forward and tried again... several times. Probably would still be hitting him if my friend hadn't got out on the passenger side and went over and grabbed the guy through the driver window. Since that day I won't drive right behind another car in a parking lot just in case I need to really gun it to clear someone like that.

2016 Oxford White GT Premium, Performance Package w/silver wheels, 401A, Premier Redline trim, Adaptive Cruise, NAV, Reverse sensing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page