No don't worry about it and just live with the whine 2 8.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsargent09 View Post
Go like 50 on a road then throw it in reverse.. lol finish it off so stuff will really be messed up, and hopefully they will replace.
Oops! I left my cell phone at home! Why didn't I ask my brotha-man to follow me out here? I think I drove out a little too far... Man, this sucks! Now wht do I do? :nogrinner

Take it in. If they can't (or won't) fix it then at least you tried. Trying is always better than giving up and quitting.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Unfortunately, this is the way things are done. In a perfect world they would just replace the whole thing but from a business standpoint you can see where it makes sense; if they replaced every major part without investigating the issue first they'd go broke.

So one of two things will happen; they check it over and replace it, or they fix it. If the repair doesn't solve it, then make them do it again.

Unfortunately it's the only way that they'll learn to make it right the first time ...

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin
2012 Kona Blue Mustang GT
Roush Phase 2 625HP Supercharger | Black OTT Stripe | 400A | 5.0L | 6MT | 3.55 | HID | SP | CP | BBP | EP | RVC
Mods: Forget it .... too much to list!
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsargent09 View Post
Go like 50 on a road then throw it in reverse.. lol finish it off so stuff will really be messed up, and hopefully they will replace.
Thats sure one way for them not fixing. Besides good luck in trying to get it in reverse while moving forward

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbaty08 View Post
Well I'd argue that; I was followed for quite some time. To each his own, I'm just thankful it seems to have subsided.
The bickering has subsided, but I'm sure those with opinions then still hold those opinions. I personally still think owners with more than 2 trans replacements are themselves the issue.

OP, I would definitely take it in as the whine is definitely not normal. Notchiness on the other hand is.

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
-2008 Mazda Mazda3 GT Sport - Stock, 5MT.
-2004 Volvo XC90 T5 - Comfort pkg, safety pkg.
-1995 Infiniti G20 - Sold, Pioneer head unit, lighting mods, miss it dearly.
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite_Deforce View Post
The bickering has subsided, but I'm sure those with opinions then still hold those opinions. I personally still think owners with more than 2 trans replacements are themselves the issue.

OP, I would definitely take it in as the whine is definitely not normal. Notchiness on the other hand is.
If people take the time to listen, instead of make ignorant comments like this... then they might think otherwise.

Tranny #1 - failed due to PP bolts backing out
Tranny #2 - Ford replaced @ 500 miles due to a supercharger whine
Tranny #3 - Failed to get into 6th when cold

How many of these were caused by the driver, me?

I don't mean to de-rail this thread... but there are issues with quality control here for certain.

OP, take it in and hope for the best.

2011 5.0 Sterling Grey w/Brembo's - JHR Shifter/Bracket/SS Clutch Line - Eibach Sportlines - Carroll Shelby CC Plates - JLT Catch - Axle-back ex. - BG SS II
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifftech View Post
I have been working with my dealership for well over 6 months now and the service manager who is my Dad's cousin has been trying to get me a new transmission due to the screaming banshee whine mine makes.
Especially since Ford put new phosphate treated gears in the newer MT82's to reduce the whine I feel there is justification to get it replaced.
The service manager called me and said that Ford will not replace the transmission without them using the Cost Cap tool. So that means tearing down the transmission and determining if it is cheaper to repair or replace.
What makes me nervous is if they tear it down and just repair it I have never had luck with repaired transmissions and am afraid I will be spending the next couple months trying to get things right.
Hello Grifftech,

I'd like to escalate this to the Customer Service Manager assigned to your area. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can help.

Deysha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page