Brembo Owners.. You might like this - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
MACH I Member
S197 Member

VR4 in the background?

Some people lead the way blindly, Others follow with 20/20 vision

Aaron S.
2011 5.0| MT82| White/Saddle|HID|Brembo|3.73| GT/CS Fascia| Saleen Grill| DynaTech LT's and O/R X| AFCO Aluminum Radiator | J&M LCA's & RELO's|Hurst Billet + | Eibach Pro Springs| KONI STR-T |Bama93| Airaid| 255/40/19(f)285/35/19(r) Kuhmo ECSTA XS|

Gone but not forgotten
|08 Mustang GT, MT Black| 05 IS 300 MT Black| 00 Camaro SS MT Black|95 Acura Integra GSR MT Black | 91 Prelude Si 4WS MT Black|

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adspru View Post
VR4 in the background?
Yup.. one of 'em! We have two, the one you see in the pic here doesn't even have a motor under the hood(though we do have it also); dad purchased it as a little bit ago, I guess the guy tore it down and decided he either couldn't do it, or didn't want to do it anymore. hahaha

Yeah.. I was driving around a 1991 VR4 as a 16 year old.. 165 at that age can only be described as HOLY SCHIT!!!!!!!!!

The VR4 is one badazz car on A)launches and B) turns!!!!!!

2011 5.0 Sterling Grey w/Brembo's - JHR Shifter/Bracket/SS Clutch Line - Eibach Sportlines - Carroll Shelby CC Plates - JLT Catch - Axle-back ex. - BG SS II
GT Member

I think it's pretty cool. It should look good with my black.
Not a fan of the GT badge. People might think it's a 2010 lol!

2012 5.0 Brembo, AED Performance Tune, Lethal Off-Road X, GT500 AB, 3.73, Airaid cai, GT500 SW :yelpleased:
2014 CX-5 Touring
Gone but not forgotten:
2011 Mustang GT|GT500 AB |FRPP Tune|6A
2010 Rav4 V6 | 07 Mazdaspeed3| 04 SRT4| 99 GSXR 750
2012 Camaro SS L99 Gone and forgotten

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbaty08 View Post
Yup.. one of 'em! We have two, the one you see in the pic here doesn't even have a motor under the hood(though we do have it also); dad purchased it as a little bit ago, I guess the guy tore it down and decided he either couldn't do it, or didn't want to do it anymore. hahaha

Yeah.. I was driving around a 1991 VR4 as a 16 year old.. 165 at that age can only be described as HOLY SCHIT!!!!!!!!!

The VR4 is one badazz car on A)launches and B) turns!!!!!!
Yup I had one them as well with 15g turbos. Very fun and fast when it ran good but holy sh&t what a unreliable money pit!!
My father and I both had one. My motor and trans blew. He went through 2 motors. Father still has his.

2012 5.0 Brembo, AED Performance Tune, Lethal Off-Road X, GT500 AB, 3.73, Airaid cai, GT500 SW :yelpleased:
2014 CX-5 Touring
Gone but not forgotten:
2011 Mustang GT|GT500 AB |FRPP Tune|6A
2010 Rav4 V6 | 07 Mazdaspeed3| 04 SRT4| 99 GSXR 750
2012 Camaro SS L99 Gone and forgotten
MACH I Member
S197 Member

One of the few cars(post 1990 model) I've never driven(that includes the stealth R/T).... I wanted one soooooo bad when I got my prelude, they where just a little to much $ back then....

Some people lead the way blindly, Others follow with 20/20 vision

Aaron S.
2011 5.0| MT82| White/Saddle|HID|Brembo|3.73| GT/CS Fascia| Saleen Grill| DynaTech LT's and O/R X| AFCO Aluminum Radiator | J&M LCA's & RELO's|Hurst Billet + | Eibach Pro Springs| KONI STR-T |Bama93| Airaid| 255/40/19(f)285/35/19(r) Kuhmo ECSTA XS|

Gone but not forgotten
|08 Mustang GT, MT Black| 05 IS 300 MT Black| 00 Camaro SS MT Black|95 Acura Integra GSR MT Black | 91 Prelude Si 4WS MT Black|

Apprentice

i agree it looks okay but not for me.

2013 Black V6 6MT 20" Menzarri rims, Airaid intake, Bama tune, 3.73 gears, muffler delete, Corbeau TRS seats, Stack Racing strut bar...Custom shift knob on order.
GT Member

very tacky. Cheapens the look of the car. And to highlight something that isn't that unique is weird. It's a very common brake kit now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbaty08 View Post
Brembo owners,

If you aren't already signed up at Brembo50.com.... what are you waiting for?!

Anyways, when you are a member you get access to their store. In a recent mailer, they advertised a new faux gas cap emblem for Brembo.com members.

I went and ordered one... $40 shipped. A little pricey, but I think it will be worth it and set it out from the rest. The description is as follows:

"Stamp your Brembo Mustang with the badge Ford should have put on the car. This Brembo badge is OEM quality with a 1/16” thick clear urethane dome, which fits 2011-2013 Mustangs. The Brembo "B" graphic is featured in the center of the badge.

The badge replaces the one installed on the decklid by the factory.

This Quality of the Kit is second to none and includes High quality adhesive tape is included, making for an easy and long-lasting installation. EZ Installation Directions are included. No glues or drilling is required."

With that said, I have no affiliation with this site/business... just thought I would share with you guys in case you found this cool like I did. Our Brembo models really are more rare than you think, and I think this helps our recognition.

Bryce
---------
Track Rat #1 - VF supercharged e46 bimmer
Track Rat #2 - Kona 5.0 Premium | 3.73 MT82 | 400A | glass roof | saddle int. | Brembo Pkg | Com. & Sec. Pkg | camera | HID | Nav | no stripes | MM camberplates | Bilstein springs & Eibach dampers | Stock 368 RWHP @ 6700 / 354 TQ @ 4375 - Build Date 6-17-10
Sunny Day: Kawasaki 1600 with hypercharger and tune.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by brycerichert View Post
very tacky. Cheapens the look of the car. And to highlight something that isn't that unique is weird. It's a very common brake kit now.
I wouldn't call it common let alone very common. More common than it was when I put 2000 cobra R brembo brakes on my '97, sure. But it's still something most people don't bother with even on vehicles that offer it.

But I too dislike the logo on the car. It just doesn't look right to me.

Probably the only thing to get me to change from stock will be something that looks almost exactly like a '69 mach 1 gas cap or maybe the '69 GT one. preferably made of metal too.
GT Member

I suppose it might be "rare" in the mustang world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97GT12 View Post
I wouldn't call it common let alone very common. More common than it was when I put 2000 cobra R brembo brakes on my '97, sure. But it's still something most people don't bother with even on vehicles that offer it.

But I too dislike the logo on the car. It just doesn't look right to me.

Probably the only thing to get me to change from stock will be something that looks almost exactly like a '69 mach 1 gas cap or maybe the '69 GT one. preferably made of metal too.

Bryce
---------
Track Rat #2 - Kona 5.0 Premium | 3.73 MT82 | 400A | glass roof | saddle int. | Brembo Pkg | Com. & Sec. Pkg | camera | HID | Nav | no stripes | MM camberplates | Bilstein springs & Eibach dampers | Stock 368 RWHP @ 6700 / 354 TQ @ 4375 - Build Date 6-17-10
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

No dice

No dice brembo. I'd rather get a decklid that eliminates the badge.

Black|2012|5.0|Brembo brakes|3.73 Gears|Roush louvers|MMD taillight trim|Fog light tints|Headlight covers|Taillight Tint|Quarter marker tint|Brakelight tints|Side marker tint|Plasti dipped rims|JLT oil separator|
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by brycerichert View Post
I suppose it might be "rare" in the mustang world.
What are you comparing to? The Ferrari, Aston Martin type world?

Sliding calipers are even standard on vettes.
GT Member

bmw's at the track, that's what every seems to go with. I even see them on camaros.. they look stock. They have filtered down to the average joe car.

Putting it on the back of a car is like putting an exhaust sticker on the window. Doesn't make sense, along with a brembo50 site; I haven't figured that one out yet. Is there a 400a50 site? hid50? powerwindow50.

I don't think we'll be seeing this brembo thing on the back of a lot of mustangs anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97GT12 View Post
What are you comparing to? The Ferrari, Aston Martin type world?

Sliding calipers are even standard on vettes.

Bryce
---------
Rookie

Looks cool to me. Depends on the color of car you are putting it on. Wouldn't look good on GHIG though.

2013 GT Premium Gotta Have it Green Coupe, w/ Track Package, GT Accessory package 5. (Waiting for Delivery)

2007 4.0 Mustang w/ Pony Package, Roush CAI, BBK 70mm Throttle body, BBK Ceramic Headers, Ford Racing Dual Exhaust. (Currently Driving)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page