2013 CS Fog Lights - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

2013 CS Fog Lights

I'm getting a 2013 GT non CS. Instead of buying the whole front bumper, I think I'm just gonna get a different grille and try to find the foglights and housings from the CS bumper. So the question is, can I just get the lights and housings directly from the parts dept or is there a better way?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

2013 Sterling Gray GT, Track Pack, Tech Package, Recaro's
Roush Axle-Back Exhaust, Airaid CAI, JLT Oil Separator,
Bama Race Tune, Roush grille, Steeda Shifter Bracket
Stillen Lip Spoiler, 255/40/19 Front, 275/40/19 Rear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012
GT Member

I believe that the black diffuser section is interchangeable with the standard GT. All you should have to do is get the diffuser and a wiring harness that extends the OEM harness to the new light positions. You also don't need a new grill. A less-expensive solution is to remove the OEM GT fog lights and either purchase a fog light delete kit or fabricate one. AmericanMuscle sells a Boss 302 grille:

Boss 302 Grille with foglight delete

I think Ford sells the fog light delete kit separately.

Sent from my toilet with Crapatalk v2
---------------------------------------------------------------

427w, Tremec Magnum XL, 3.73
Too many mods to list - go here: paddedwall.org/2012mustang/Default.aspx
(Intentionally pissing off badge Nazis everywhere)
Engine swap by Two Ten Performance (twotenperformance.com) in San Antonio
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

would the standard gt grille fogs fit in the lower bumper locations?

getting the housings and a longer wiring harness shouldnt be too hard.

deciding on which fog lights might be harder though

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdelongpre View Post
would the standard gt grille fogs fit in the lower bumper locations?
Fairly certain the stock GT fogs are way too big for the openings in the CS lower fascia.

Here is a complete kit with everything you need below the bumper. You'd still need to figure out what to do with the upper grill.

I bought a Boss 302 grille for my car. My intent was to open up the block-offs so I could retain my stock GT fogs, but it's going to be a lot harder to do than I thought.

Allez Rouge
2012 GT Premium Coupe | Performance White | 401A Charcoal+Grabber Blue | Comfort Pkg | MT82 | Boss 302 Shift Knob | 18" Pony Pkg Wheels w/Brembo Pkg Center Caps | Boss/CS Front Valance | Scott Drake 5.0/Tri-bar Fender Emblems | FRPP Strut Tower Brace | Redline Hood Struts | GT500 Rear Splash Guards | Rear Spoiler Delete | Sound Tube Delete
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

thats basically exactly what I want, I just don't think it would work on the 2013 front end though. I'm sure they will be making one eventually.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012
GT Member
S197 Member

Oh, foot, I completely missed the 2013 part, and it looks like jsimmons did as well.

Looking at photos of the various 2013 models, my guess -- and it's only a guess -- is that the bumper cover and lower fascia is the same for all cars, and there are block-offs in the openings where the GT/CS and V6 Pony Package fogs go. So all you should have to do, again apart from whatever you do for the upper grill, is buy the non-blocked inserts and the fog lights themselves.

Did you order your car, or are you buying it off a dealer lot? There have been some sightings of base, non-CS GTs that have the CS/PP fogs installed at the factory, with the V6 upper grill that has no fog light openings. From what I've read, all Canadian GTs will be built this way (something to do with their daytime running light laws) but I've seen at least two reports of US cars built the same way. Whether this was a mistake at the factory or something new for the base GTs is unknown. Point being, if your car is on order and you've not actually seen it, it's possible you won't have to do anything at all.

Allez Rouge
2012 GT Premium Coupe | Performance White | 401A Charcoal+Grabber Blue | Comfort Pkg | MT82 | Boss 302 Shift Knob | 18" Pony Pkg Wheels w/Brembo Pkg Center Caps | Boss/CS Front Valance | Scott Drake 5.0/Tri-bar Fender Emblems | FRPP Strut Tower Brace | Redline Hood Struts | GT500 Rear Splash Guards | Rear Spoiler Delete | Sound Tube Delete
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Yeah mine is scheduled apparently and my vin # is coming this week along with my build date. It would be awesome if it came the way you are talking about, but if not, I think I will at least be able to buy the lower fog lights and housings relatively easy. As for the grille, yeah there are a lot more choices than I originally thought (as far as aftermarket grilles).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page