Ford Mustang Forum banner

Two Thumbs Up for The Drive Shaft Shop

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  02_GT_5spd 
#1 ·
I just wanted to pass on my experience with DSS in the last couple months. It was great in every aspect. I actually purchased the shaft through Lethal (Valentine's Day sale) but there was an issue that caused a constant vibration so I contacted and dealt with DSS directly. Calling them gets you an actual person to speak to (which is always nice) and for tech questions you actually get to speak to the owner of the shop Frank. Frank is very knowledgeable and willing to work with customers, and also converses with you like you're a capable human being. He doesn't just assume that it was installed incorrectly. When I described the vibration he (correctly) diagnosed that there was an issue with the CV end of the shaft and that he would send me another shaft with a return shipping label for the one I had. He charged me a deposit for the original shaft but refunded it once I shipped it back to him.

Put the new one in and it is completely smooth all the way up to the top end limiter. It allows significantly more HP to the wheels than the OEM unit and the car feels snappier (well as much as an electronic throttle setup can be). I can't say much about noise as I have a completely solid UCA/bushing setup so I can hear everything anyways (it isn't any louder than it was though).

So all and all, great product and outstanding customer service from DSS :bigthumbsup.

See less See more
#3 ·
So which DS did you get, aluminum or CF? One piece DS is on the mod list but can't decide (not enough good info) if the CF is worth the extra $.

#7 ·
I went with the aluminum. I imagine the CF is a little better due to being even lighter, but it wasn't worth it to me for twice the $$.

What type of vibration, what speeds?
A speed sensitive vibration felt in the seat of the pants that started at about 20 mph and went all the way to 60 mph (didn't try going any faster). The CV was too tight so it would it "catch" every rotation.

I'll be going for the aluminum myself, the cost of the CF doesn't seem to be justified to me... but what do I know? :grinroll:
You'll love it when you get it in. Ditto on the cost of the CF shaft.

#5 ·
Cant wait for mine!:yelpleased: The DSS seems to be backed up at the moment :(Great to know your liking the product tho!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.