2013 Mustang gt vs 2013 v6 - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006GTfan View Post
Also the v6 has a pos drive shaft in it also I forgot to mention.
... and the GT's have #8 failures.

I see this thread becoming a terrible waste of bandwidth real soon.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangkid9234 View Post
4k more? not by me lmfao
Same here. Maybe a random dealer tryingto get rid of one.

I got my 3.7 for 20k + tax/title, etc before the 2012's started rolling out. The lowest GT among 4 dealers in my area was 31k. Thats ALOT more than 4k, lol.

BOSS Member
S197 Member

It is simply amazing how upset and worked up some guys get over issues like this. Both cars are nice.All Mustangs are nice.Personally I never ran the v6 down in anyway. But the "facts " are simply this. Give equal configurations and or modifications the v8 is a hell of a lot faster than the v6. Anyone arguing otherwise is sadly misinformed.

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.

Banned

I know they have to make a v6 model to the pony cars to increase sales but in my opinion there shouldn't be a v6 pony car made. I would never buy or drive a muscle car with a v6 engine in it. I know it's just my opinion but a muscle car has a v8 period. If you want great gas mileage them get an economy car.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011gt85 View Post
I know they have to make a v6 model to the pony cars to increase sales but in my opinion there shouldn't be a v6 pony car made. I would never buy or drive a muscle car with a v6 engine in it. I know it's just my opinion but a muscle car has a v8 period. If you want great gas mileage them get an economy car.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Excellent point, considering THE VERY FIRST PONY WAS AN I6

2011 Mustang 3.7L V6 Premium ∙ MCA (203A)
Ingot Silver ∙ Charcoal Black ∙ Auto
HIDs ∙ Security ∙ Comfort Package ∙ Remote Start
Koni STR.T shocks/struts ∙ Roush DUB springs
Banned

As some people on this forum know, I had an 11 V6 coupe w/auto & 2.73's before trading on my 12 GT.

In 100% bone stock 'as delivered to the dealer' condition, she ran back-to-back 14.2's. Seeing how the vert is only ~100 lbs heavier, it should be running solid 14.3's.

NOT 14.9's.

Not regretting my 5.0 purchase, but if my 11 V6 had 3.31 gears and the now available PP with the auto ... I'd probably still have it.
Apprentice

There is no comparison man!!
1- V8 vs V6
2- Huge HP difference
3- To make it even worse, they brought a convertible V6 hahaha

GT rules
PONY Member
S197 Member

I hope all of the V8 guys can drive because if you go against a v6 driver that can, and you can't, you will loose and probably commit suicide.

2011 v6 PP Race Red
Flowmaster Super 44's
K&N Drop In
3.73 Rear End
Axle Exchange Driveshaft
GT Member

This has always been a stupid debate. I'm glad they make V6 mustangs hey whatever helps sales to keep the icon around. I haven't forgotten my 2003 GT with full exhaust and a cai and tune and could barely eek out a 13.9 on st;reet tires . Let's not forget these are the glory days of the Mustang gt and Ford only stepped up their game because Chevy did with the new Camaro and without that we still be cruising around with our powerful 300 HP V8's .V6's look good if done right and they are not slow .I still would not own one but give them respect

Blower and stuff

622 whp and 545 wtq @ 8.5psi
AED Tune = Best mod of all
GT Member

I put a 1000 miles on my v6 for work last week. Got 31 mpg overall, including bombing around two cities. I got to enjoy time in my car, while getting paid. Doubt I would have been able to do that with the GT, economically speaking.

2016 GT Premium black out 6 speed.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCA2011 View Post
Excellent point, considering THE VERY FIRST PONY WAS AN I6
Excellent post, but people still make ignorant arguments on what a muscle/Pony car is supposed to be.

2012 Black V6 Performance, Pony and Security Package, Tint, Take-off leather seats, GT500 Steering Wheel, JLT CAI, Auto Headlight switch, Quarter Win Louvers.
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

The first pony car was an I6. What I don't understand is you guys walking around saying a mustang HAS to have a 8 cylinder eengine or you might as well get an economy car. That doesn't make sense to me in any way. The stang is tuned completely ddifferently aand drives ttotally different from a camry. The gas mileage between the gt and v6 isn't the same. Filling up every week and a half or every 3-4 days is a big difference. The v6 has more power and is faster than any V-8 older thn 2009 if its a 3.31 geared or higher car. So maybe if you bought a v9?8 with less than 400 up you should have bought an economy car too

Sent from my SCH-I500 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1st Time at the 1/4 Mile Best E.T out of 4 passes (Without Ported Intake Manifold):
Uncorrected 2500DA 13.5[email protected] MPH w/ a 2.17 60".Corrected [email protected] MPH
Ford Racing 4.10 Gears/ Borla S Type Axleback/BBK Chrome Equal Length Shorties/Lethal Performance Catless H Pipe/JLT CAI/Ported Upper and Lower Intake Manifolds/Steeda 91 Octane Tune/ SR Springs
PONY Member

The last gen GT had 300HP; the current gen v6 has 300HP. All the mustang enthusiasts that had the last gen v8 raved about how great it was to have a v8 mustang and how much it would suck to have a v6 mustang. However, now that the current v6 has the same power numbers as the old v8 people still say how bad it is to own a v6 :?:.

also 2006GTFAN:

my v6 beats my girlfriends brothers 2007 GT,
your 5.0 beats my v6,
my girlfriends uncle has a GTR that beats your 5.0,
There is always a faster car, but its not always due to having a bigger engine.

2012 premium mustang v6 MT-82
2014 Harley 72' sportster

Overworked and underpaid technician
MACH I Member

What's interesting is the 2011+ V6's put out almost as much power as the 2005+ 4.6L, and last I checked it was a V8. Match one of those up with a 2011+ V6 (with gears other than 2.73s) and it's pretty much a drivers race. That's when the close ratio gears of the 6 speed transmission give the V6 an advantage if both are matched up equally power wise.

The 2011+ GT's are great cars for their price point too. 400+ HP and even the base car can hit the track & put up good numbers.

What these new revised Mustangs have really done is put peeps behind the wheel who otherwise would have decided on something else. I wouldn't have purchased the V6 if it was still at 200HP, and I'm sure there are new people in 5.0's who decided on the GT mostly for the driving experience of a 400+ HP car.

While the GT undoubtedly is a better driving experience, in reality as a daily driver, there aren't that many times during a typical day when a driver can take advantage of that extra 100+ HP. Unless you live out in the country, desert, or hit the track often.

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakerocket View Post
The last gen GT had 300HP; the current gen v6 has 300HP. All the mustang enthusiasts that had the last gen v8 raved about how great it was to have a v8 mustang and how much it would suck to have a v6 mustang. However, now that the current v6 has the same power numbers as the old v8 people still say how bad it is to own a v6 :?:.
Well, there is more to the V8 than the pure horsepower...try having a lot more torque and wider power band as well as the glorious sound.

I just don't get why GT guys have to keep putting down the V6 people. The GT500 guys don't even put down the 5.0 guys unless it is deserved. However, due to traction issues, the GT500's routinely get low 12's quarter where the 5.0 can do high 12's fairly consistently which is not as big of an ass rape as one might think. Extend the 1/4 to a 1/2 mile and then the GT500 will put a similar hurting to the 5.0 as seen in the video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joenpb View Post
there aren't that many times during a typical day when a driver can take advantage of that power & torque. Unless you live out in the country, desert, or hit the track often.
Don't mean to piss in your cheerios but I daily drive/commute my GT in SF/Bay Area traffic each day and always find a good use for the extra power. There are a lot of advantages to driving a car with significantly more hp/tq than 95% of other cars around you as long as you aren't stupid about what you are doing. Not trying to fuel the fire here but it feels better at the gas pump knowing I drive my car the way it was meant to be driven; traffic be damned!

2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Coupe/Brembos/3.73

"I'm also 6'5" and 270 lbs. and could crush a person's bones with my bare hands"
-Jozsefsz

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page