2013 Mustang gt vs 2013 v6 - Page 6 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethal302 View Post
....what's funny to me is there is a kid at my gym that got a 2012 v6 pretty much fully loaded and I have a 2012 gt base and he actually paid a couple thousand more for his!
Agreed, its a joke that two people can go into the same dealer, buy the same car, but pay two different prices. That's the most distasteful aspect of purchasing a new car IMO. Obviously its not surprising a younger buyer going through the sales wringer ends up paying more. Do you really believe he would have paid the same as you did for a GT? Most likely he would have paid more at the dealer, higher interest rate, more for insurance, and would need to fill the tank more often.

I see the Mustang is going to have a turbo 4 cylinder for 2015. Not surprising considering Ford wants to improve its global sales, and gasoline is much more expensive elsewhere in the world.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goku View Post
But then again, I can't blame someone for loving the Mustangs while staying in their financial limits.
Exactly! Id love a 5.0, but I had a limit on payments and I knew I couldn't afford one no matter what. I honestly disliked the '10-12 tail lights. When they added the led tails and got rid of the hideous reverse lights between the tri-bars, I couldn't resist the call.

My current DD is a '10 Malibu. I got it used with 8k miles on it as an ex-lease car. Its been to the dealer twice, is just out of bumper to bumper warranty at 36050 miles and now its having surging issues with the tranny. Im sick of it. It averages 27mpg with a wimpy 4cyl. Mustang with 305hp and same mileage? Yes please!

Id rather have fun in a v6 mustang with some oomph than banging my head in a car im sick of. Also, if someone buys a maxed premium and could have gotten a v8 for the same price, ill call them daft, but some people like comfort over power.

'13 'Stang - V6 Base GHIG - Ordered: 5/31 - VIN Issued: 6/7 - Window Sticker: 6/19 - Build Date: 6/25 - ETA: 7/6 - Received: 7/3
'00 Grand Prix
- L67 Swap, 3.25" Pulley, Cam, Headers, etc.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
Exactly! Id love a 5.0, but I had a limit on payments and I knew I couldn't afford one no matter what. I honestly disliked the '10-12 tail lights. When they added the led tails and got rid of the hideous reverse lights between the tri-bars, I couldn't resist the call.

My current DD is a '10 Malibu. I got it used with 8k miles on it as an ex-lease car. Its been to the dealer twice, is just out of bumper to bumper warranty at 36050 miles and now its having surging issues with the tranny. Im sick of it. It averages 27mpg with a wimpy 4cyl. Mustang with 305hp and same mileage? Yes please!

Id rather have fun in a v6 mustang with some oomph than banging my head in a car im sick of. Also, if someone buys a maxed premium and could have gotten a v8 for the same price, ill call them daft, but some people like comfort over power.
We're definitely on the same page then because even though the 10-12 tails were an improvement, it didn't support getting one. I'm more of a show guy myself. The only reason for the future v8 would be that sexy sound!! Roush axleback!!

2013 Mustang V6 . Black

GT500 style spoiler. Rear tint. Plasti-dip wheels. Bama 93H tune. Now looking for a Borla Touring setup that won't cost me way too much!

Apprentice

Part of the reason for owning a Mustang is the look, 50/50 with power. I'm also a big 6 cylinder fan, along with my '00 Grand Prix I've got a '98 GTP with a blown tranny in the yard (snatched for $500) and a Bonneville that I traded for still sitting in that guys yard. However, anyone can tell you 3800s are nice at idle but sound like crap at anything else. The exhaust on the Ford 3.7 sounds like pure 350z sex. I'm so pleased that it's not another raspy V6 turd.

Honestly, the 3.7 fits me perfect and I'm sure I'll eventually boost it. Heck, I have a spare M90 on that '98 GTP if I wanted to fab an intake for the 3.7... Hmm. I bet a kit like that would sell quick. Someone with a tig welder should make an M90 intake kit that lets you source your own blower for cheap. Imagine a boosted 3.7 for $1000.

'13 'Stang - V6 Base GHIG - Ordered: 5/31 - VIN Issued: 6/7 - Window Sticker: 6/19 - Build Date: 6/25 - ETA: 7/6 - Received: 7/3
'00 Grand Prix
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenv View Post
You beat a WRX, GTO, Camaro(I`m guessing you mean 2010+SS) with your V6? I`m sorry but I`m calling BS
Wrx- from the dig... Tough from roll. Deff i think foolinya on the forum beat an sti with minimal mods. And account for driver error. I saw race between a new sti and a modded wrx. And know of both kids. Sti, kid is learnin stick on it. And i heard hes very choppy and stuff. They launched improperly. I prob could have beaten him in my sixxer.
Gto with 400hp hmmm seems a bit fishy, driver error? You have mods? Its prob slower then a new gt even tho same hp.
Camaro- driver error?
Im curious but the wrx is deff doable

2012 v6 6MT: 32kmiles
Current: Air Raid CAI, Diablosport intune, FRPP sport axle backs, Strut tower brace, 3.7 emblems, eibach adjustable sway bars, J&M lower control arms, 3.55 frpp gears, axle exchange aluminum drive shaft, 19 inch BBP wheel set up
wants:no more issues
2002 mazda miata 5MT "track rat
Future" Custom valved and springs Fat cat motorsports, 9LB wheels, toyo proxxs r888, turbo pushing 250whp, sparco seats, custom roll bar
Apprentice

GTO was LS1 or LS2? They had both. Either way, they're heavy (3700ish) and slow from a dig. Their weight is the only reason GM let them use the 'Vette engine in the '05-06 models. After they're up to speed, they're more equal since the weight is already moving.

'00 Grand Prix
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I have raced and beaten a wrx both from a launch and a roll. A sti beat me from a launch though, he has the advantage of hitting the clutch, revving to 5k, letting go and not spinning at all with AWD. Racing the sti from a roll of 50 I walked him.

1st Time at the 1/4 Mile Best E.T out of 4 passes (Without Ported Intake Manifold):
Uncorrected 2500DA [email protected] MPH w/ a 2.17 60".Corrected [email protected] MPH
Ford Racing 4.10 Gears/ Borla S Type Axleback/BBK Chrome Equal Length Shorties/Lethal Performance Catless H Pipe/JLT CAI/Ported Upper and Lower Intake Manifolds/Steeda 91 Octane Tune/ SR Springs
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006GTfan View Post
Not a ton on the road besides the GT500, Corvette, Viper. All the other ones are Euro cars and exotics that cost tons more than a Mustang.
And a GT costs a good amount more than a V6. It's not a "better" car, just faster. Better is much more than just one aspect of the car. Some people would gladly have "only" 305hp for better gas mileage.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangkid9234 View Post
Wrx- from the dig... Tough from roll. Deff i think foolinya on the forum beat an sti with minimal mods. And account for driver error. I saw race between a new sti and a modded wrx. And know of both kids. Sti, kid is learnin stick on it. And i heard hes very choppy and stuff. They launched improperly. I prob could have beaten him in my sixxer.
Gto with 400hp hmmm seems a bit fishy, driver error? You have mods? Its prob slower then a new gt even tho same hp.
Camaro- driver error?
Im curious but the wrx is deff doable
The new WRX is faster than the new STI both 0-60 and through the 1/4.
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
The new WRX is faster than the new STI both 0-60 and through the 1/4.
What year? The one i was looking at in september (i guess 2011 maybe 2012) i forget as it is 2am will check my brochure downstairs in a few hrs.
The wrx 0-60 in 5.3
Sti 0-60 in 4.7 if i remember correctly
The wrx matched up perfectly with the v6 perf pkg stang
I see hype for the 2013 as the wrx is now a dedicated platform.

2012 v6 6MT: 32kmiles
Current: Air Raid CAI, Diablosport intune, FRPP sport axle backs, Strut tower brace, 3.7 emblems, eibach adjustable sway bars, J&M lower control arms, 3.55 frpp gears, axle exchange aluminum drive shaft, 19 inch BBP wheel set up
wants:no more issues
2002 mazda miata 5MT "track rat
Future" Custom valved and springs Fat cat motorsports, 9LB wheels, toyo proxxs r888, turbo pushing 250whp, sparco seats, custom roll bar
PONY Member

wha!? another v6 vs v8 thread? Someone having size issues?
Rookie

Ok, it's a fact the GT is faster and that is just a fact. I have owned a Corvette, RX7 Turbo, M3 and I am driving a 328is now. When it came to buying my wife her next car we chose the 2012 Mustang V6 vert. The reason being is that it has great horse power for the money, it's good on gas, which means in the future, because I usually don't buy a car for just now, when gas prices get higher and yes they will get higher, we will have a fun viable car to drive. Honestly it's just nice to cruise in our V6 down the highway running 20k over the limit with the top down. I can't see me having that much of a better time in a GT. I am getting older, I have nothing to prove anymore. I don't need to beat anyone, but it's great to have the power to pass and let loose once in a while. Don't get me wrong, there was a time when I had to have the fastest and I needed to prove something, so I know what it's like and for that we have the GT, Boss and Shelby.

Now when I get my next car, it will be a Mustang too. I do believe in handling performance, so I would like a V6 with a track package and those awesome Recaro seats!! So it's all about tastes and wants, Ford has the ability to give us all what we want. As one person previously said, Ford has done a great job blurring the lines between owning a V6 and V8, so let's be glad that Ford has increased their quality and technologies so we can all be happy.
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzep View Post
Ok, it's a fact the GT is faster and that is just a fact. I have owned a Corvette, RX7 Turbo, M3 and I am driving a 328is now. When it came to buying my wife her next car we chose the 2012 Mustang V6 vert. The reason being is that it has great horse power for the money, it's good on gas, which means in the future, because I usually don't buy a car for just now, when gas prices get higher and yes they will get higher, we will have a fun viable car to drive. Honestly it's just nice to cruise in our V6 down the highway running 20k over the limit with the top down. I can't see me having that much of a better time in a GT. I am getting older, I have nothing to prove anymore. I don't need to beat anyone, but it's great to have the power to pass and let loose once in a while. Don't get me wrong, there was a time when I had to have the fastest and I needed to prove something, so I know what it's like and for that we have the GT, Boss and Shelby.

Now when I get my next car, it will be a Mustang too. I do believe in handling performance, so I would like a V6 with a track package and those awesome Recaro seats!! So it's all about tastes and wants, Ford has the ability to give us all what we want. As one person previously said, Ford has done a great job blurring the lines between owning a V6 and V8, so let's be glad that Ford has increased their quality and technologies so we can all be happy.
Good first post fritzep and welcome to the boards!

When you can afford what you want, it really comes down to knowing "what is enough for you".

Never argue with an idiot........They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
replica

Why do we keep comparing base sticker price of the V6 to a discounted GT price? I got mine for about $18,500 new. How cheap do base GT's get? $26k maybe? That's a HUGE price difference. $7,500 isn't trivial. That's an extra $150 a month roughly. Also consider the interest (if applicable) paid on that extra $7,500.

I sort of like the V6, it's like they kept the previous generation GT's spirit around as a base model and offered a "new" GT, the 5.0, to sell along side it. It's pretty cool.

But hey, if you don't like my V6, I WILL KILL MYSELF IMMEDIATELY.
J Orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joenpb View Post
What you have to ask yourself is why the question? What inadequacies are you trying to hide behind the facade of a GT? That you find it so important to have a fast car, AND everybody should know about it.

Fast car, slow mind?
Seriously, he needs to save some of that mod money for therapy. No car is going to make up for a crappy personality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011gt85 View Post
I know they have to make a v6 model to the pony cars to increase sales but in my opinion there shouldn't be a v6 pony car made. I would never buy or drive a muscle car with a v6 engine in it. I know it's just my opinion but a muscle car has a v8 period. If you want great gas mileage them get an economy car.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Wow, between DaddyGT and 2006GTfan posting here I'm suprised this forum didn't implode into a singularity of stupid.

I love the way he demonstrates his complete inability to understand basic business tactics. Yep, it's either V8s or economy cars. No in-betweens..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page