injen intake for the 5.0? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

injen intake for the 5.0?

havent been on this forum in ages but i decided to see whats going on around here again. as i was doing that, girlfriends cousin shows up with his friends 12' 5.0 with a injen intake on it. injen used his car as a test car first the tube going from valve covers to intake was a Micky mouse job. this car was throwing codes lean bank 1 and 2 had 0 power and sounded just horrible! i was scared for him! here is their emails they forwarded to me, i found this very humorous. im shocked injen wouldn't even attempt to tune this thing.

@injen.com

I just got your email, check the connections. It never did that to
us when we tested. I also drove around the block? Very weird, if it
keeps doing it put the stock intake back in

@gmail
It stalled twice already just want to know how to fix it. Thanks.

@injen.com

Is it still doing this?

@gmail

Yes adrian it still is... It is much slower and the check engine
light is on and it makes a thud sound every now and then can i bring
it back for you to see what is wrong with it?

@injen.com

Come by Wednesday, bring your stock intake in also.

@gmail

Ok i put the stock back on and it is ****** up man did you take
anything out of the car?

@injen.com

Nothing was taken out of the vehicle but the stock intake system. Try
to disconnect the battery and see if anything happens.

@gmail

Ok my parents are really angry and they want to know what happened because i put the stock one back and the engine light turned off but it is still giving a severe lag with the peddle and i dont know what to do because i was told not to drive far, and i was also told to ask you if the connections are placed correctly ill bring it back tomorrow try to see whats wrong. I was also told i need a tune with the intake. Thanks.

@injen.com

when we tested the intake system fuel trims and air fuel were next to stock. It was making little power with the intake system. Compared to the 2011 model which was a manual transmission we saw differences between the automatic. There was an added vacuum line on the automatics.

Check to make sure that the MAF sensor harness is connected and you hear a click. Also there is a crank case line, vacuum line and the sound tube. If it pulls in a leak, it can throw a Check engine light.

The vehicle in our possession when testing did not show any of the symptoms you are having. I also took a test drive before you took it and no lights came on. Nothing else was taken off your vehicle when we tested. This is very confusing to me also because I would like to know what is causing this. If you want to come by tomorrow that's fine.

feel bad for the kid but i guess this is a lesson learned. all connection were in place other then the micky mouse stuff. car was not tuned, or even put on a dyno for that matter (that i know about)

2008 roush 427r. 2.57 pulley 90mm idler, roush CAI stage3performance tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-23-2012
GT Member

Lets start at the basics, if the MAF is the same size as the stock MAF(85mm) then the car should not need a tune, if it is larger, then a adjustment in a tune will be needed... So lets look at it as the same size as the stock MAF (85mm) and you are getting CEL's for lean banks then you have a vacuum leak down stream of the MAF... OK lets look at as if the MAF is larger then 85mm and you are getting a CEL for a lean bank then the tune is incorrect...
what puzzles me, you have the PCV valve on the passenger side, this feeds in behind the throttle body and on the drivers side you have a block pressure return line back to the CAI upstream of throttle body... So it must be the drivers side you are writing about...
If you have a leak here, yes it will run lean and idle and run bad...
check all connections and good luck...

I don't speak often but when I do, I don't have clue what I am talking about. I just repeat things that I once heard and do not repeat them correctly... My doctor told me it was an ID 10 T problem and it was incurable.
So when I reply to a post or add to a thread I just find the words elsewhere and copy and paste.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-23-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

thank god its not my car. but it was giving lean both banks. it had two codes

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-23-2012
PONY Member

That blows. I had an Injen intake on my 350z (DE) and it burnt through my high pressure a/c line which was apparently a common occurrence. I think they need to do some work on their R&D department

2012 5.0 6MT - AED Tuned / Brembo Brakes / 3.73 FRPP Gears / Pypes LTH / Pypes O/R X / Boss Manifold / Steeda Intake / Bama Race Tune / GT500 Wheels / Nitto NT555's / GT500 ABs / Saleen Grille / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Interceptor Gauges / SOS Dual Pillar Pod / Koni Shocks & Struts / BMR Springs / BMR LCAs & Brackets / BMR Camber Bolts / J&M Adj Panhard Bar / GT500 Upper Strut Mounts / GT500 Steering Wheel / Roush Side Splitters / GT/CS Front Fascia / Boss Splitter / Raxiom Headlights
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-24-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Well just talked to the kid. Guess all this was a coincidence, got the intake put on drive home parked it over night. This is where it gets good, all the problems Started in the morning. He took it to the dealer and over night someone poured water In his fuel tank!

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012
MACH I Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbaboomi View Post
Well just talked to the kid. Guess all this was a coincidence, got the intake put on drive home parked it over night. This is where it gets good, all the problems Started in the morning. He took it to the dealer and over night someone poured water In his fuel tank!
Wow. That's horrible!

2012 Mustang V6 Premium | Black on Black - SOLD
Options:6-speed automatic | pony package | HID headlamps | security package | reverse sensing system | comfort package
Build date: 5/12/2011 | Purchased: 6/7/2011
Mods: tape stripe delete | 20% tint | Dynomax SS cat-back exhaust (39507) | smoked side markers | Injen intake (PF9022WB)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page