Deep Impact Blue or Performance White - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-23-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Deep Impact Blue or Performance White

So I have always been partial to GM but after sitting in the new Camaro a bunch of times, I just can't get past how horrible the interior is. Yesterday while at work I drove past a Ford dealer who happened to have a new 2013 on the showroom floor in DIB and really liked what I saw but I was unfortunately limited on time. So today I went past a local dealer who happened to have about 6 new 2013's sitting outside. They had a Gotta have it Green, Deep Impact Blue, and a Black GT all modified with a Boss intake and a Ford racing axle back. After talking to the salesman, I decided to take the DIB GT out since it had the Brembos and 3.73s. Now I want a track pack car but this as close as I could get. So after going for a short little test drive (in the rain) I decided that this is mostly likely going to be my next car.

Anyways im torn between white and DIB. I have seen pictures of DIB on here and obviously saw it in person, but I haven't seen any pictures of white on a non GT/CS car. Does anyone have some pictures of a regular white GT? Btw I will say the GHIG looked awesome in person but I can definitely see myself getting tired of that color fast.

2012 Avalanche -For sale
2011 Jeep GC - SOLD
2005 GTO Blue/Blue M6, 04 GTO Silver/Red M6, 05 GTO CGM A4, 06 GTO CGM M6
- All SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-23-2012
Apprentice

LOL! I was torn between the same two colors. I really thought I wanted DIB, but after seeing the '13 in Performance White, that ended up being my choice. Don't think you can go wrong either way.

2013 GT Coupe Premium - Performance White/OTT Stripe
400A | 6AT | Comfort | Electronics | RSS+Security | Rearview Camera | Shaker Pro | 19s
3M Crystalline Tint | FRPP GT500 Axle Backs
post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-23-2012
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Wait ... Nassau, NY or Nassau County NY? If it is Nassau County, what dealership is it? I would like to drive pretty much the car I ordered lol

Engine: RGR 326ci shortblock - RGR Stage 2 Heads - RGR Custom Grind Cams - Cobra Jet Intake Manifold - Ford Racing Monoblade Throttle Body - JLT Cobra Jet CAI
Front Suspension: BMR K-Member - BMR A-Arms - BMR A-Arm Support Bar - BMR Radiator Support - Ford Racing Boss 302R Steering Rack
Rear Suspension: BMR Adjustable Lower Control Arms
Exhaust: Kooks 1 7/8ths Long Tubes - Kooks Green Cats H-Pipe, Kooks Boss Side Pipes, JPC Racing over axle pipes - Ford Racing SVT Sport Mufflers

post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-23-2012
PONY Member

haha, I was deciding between these two colors as well. I think that if you aren't going to do a striping, accent color DIB is way nicer looking in person by itself...But I think white with a blackout theme looks amazing

2013 DIB 3.7L | 6AT | Performance Package | Tech Package |
Bama 91R | Airaid CAI | Flowmaster Force II Axlebacks |
Pioneer TSD's | Amp & 10" JBL sub |
post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-23-2012
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I have a 2011 Performance white with some hood stripes and black painted stock rims. I know it isn't exactly what you're looking for but it'll give you some idea.. I love the white! So easy to keep clean and it stands out!
post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-23-2012
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Nevermind! I found some from before my exterior mods!

This is with my black hood spears.

post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-23-2012
Rookie
S197 Member

Performance White

Both colors are awesome but having seen the DIB it takes on a purplish color depending on the way the sun hits it. Having said that though i ordered the gotta have it green and it does the same thing.You will be a winner either way!
post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-23-2012
GT Member

I wouldve gone with white if I didnt get grabber blue. Rock chips can be a problem, but thats with any car. Good thing about white is that it doesnt look as dirty all the time as some colors.

Current 2012 Lexus RX350 & 2011 Ford Escape XLT

Previous
2012 Grabber Blue, GT Prem, Sold 8/20/2012

New Build:
2014 Ingot Silver Focus ST ST2 W/ Moonroof and Blue Recaro Inserts: Ordered 05/22/2014
post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-23-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin' 302 View Post
LOL! I was torn between the same two colors. I really thought I wanted DIB, but after seeing the '13 in Performance White, that ended up being my choice. Don't think you can go wrong either way.
My whole family has white cars lol. Besides the Vette I have which is white, I had a bunch of GTOs but unfortunately they didn't come in white. The Jeep I leased, I needed the truck right away and they could only find a black one with what I wanted so thats why I got black on my Jeep. And my Avalanche, I wanted the body colored Cadillac EXT components and they only made it on silver which was bland, white diamond which I dont like the pearl white and black which I ended up with. Im debating going back to white since it is so easy to keep clean. Do you have any pictures of your car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford20 View Post
Wait ... Nassau, NY or Nassau County NY? If it is Nassau County, what dealership is it? I would like to drive pretty much the car I ordered lol
Nassau County but the dealership was out east in Suffolk. I was working out that way today so I stopped by there on the way home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1llz View Post
haha, I was deciding between these two colors as well. I think that if you aren't going to do a striping, accent color DIB is way nicer looking in person by itself...But I think white with a blackout theme looks amazing
I know exactly what you mean. I did that on my Vette. Its also getting black wheels soon and a front wide body.

2012 Avalanche -For sale
2011 Jeep GC - SOLD
2005 GTO Blue/Blue M6, 04 GTO Silver/Red M6, 05 GTO CGM A4, 06 GTO CGM M6
- All SOLD
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

This is as it sits, my 5.0 badges are drying right now because I just plasti dipped them. To me there is so much more you can do on a white vehicle. The truck that I traded in recently was blue and it was annoying to me when there was something that I wanted to do to the truck but when I finished I knew it wouldn't match well... It's really all your opinion though. Either way you'll have a sick looking muscle car! And you can't go wrong there!

Apprentice

i liked both but ended up going with white like my last 4 cars

white 2013 gt born 5/14/12
Rookie
4.6L Member

I love my 2012 Kona Blue but I would go with the white. This car stays dusty and it is not my daily driver and it is garage kept.

2012 Kona Blue GT, Brembo, 3.73 gears, Eibach Pro System, Corsa Sport with Corsa X Pipe, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, various exterior mods
GT Member

I gotta go with PW. It's easy to keep clean. That's important to me since it's no garage queen - it gets driven about 25k/yr.

2012 P8C, HP, 300A, 55D, 457
PONY Member

I am pleased with my Performance White with SADDLE INTERIOR which is a big hit and draws compliments galore. I found I needed to but those little mud flaps to keep the tail clean, but I guess that's with DIB, too.
I was driving home from NCMC in East Meadow, today and would have stopped over.
GOOD LUCK !
Apprentice

Blue, when it's clean, is the most 'stunning' color but it's a PITA to keep clean. Even the slightest amount of dust looks terrible (I keep a spray bottle with a batch of ONR quick detailer and a MF cloth in my trunk at all times. I wipe her down almost every day) . White on the other hand looks really quite good all the time - it just won't "wow" you like Kona or DIB.

I'm personally a huge fan of the storm trooper look yet I own a Kona... go figure. Maybe in a few years I'll hunt down a White Boss...

2012 Kona Blue GT | Base | M82 6MT | Boss 302 Steering Wheel | JHR Shifter Bracket | Koni STR.T | FRPP P-Springs | 18" AMR Charcoal Wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page