Cant find the right black wheels! Got any ideas? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Took me long enough as well to decide, and I finally went with the SVE Drift Wheels in matte black: https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...ve-wheels.html

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackpenguin69 View Post
gt500's!! i have 18's but the 19's look alot better.
I think those look good in that picture. To make them look great you need to armorall the tire and zoom out to get a good look. If you have some other pics please PM me and let me know where to go. I really want to go 18" just for the less expensive tire.

F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Late Model Restoration Boss 302S wheels. Gloss black, matte looks like brake dust...

2011 GT | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembos | Barton | Airaid | CDC chin | Corsa X pipe & Xtremes | DSS Aluminum Shaft | BMR Rear loop & LCA relocating brackets | J&M Extreme LCA | Koni Yellows | Steeda Sports | UMI Panhard | SCT & BAMA
"Yo, nutsack! Let me tell you something, man, muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" - Dwight

post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Capo View Post
GREEKSTANG85, are you looking to transfer the stock pirelli's onto a new set of rims? That was a big part of my decision making process since my p-zeros were practically brand new and an overall decent year-round tire. Not sure if that applies to you and your wheels..

If so, this thread discussed the FRPP Matte black wheels, which are bit lighter than the stock 18x8 rims and $549 to your door. Same offset as your stock rims, so there are no fitment issues and you can reuse your stock lugs. I transferred my pirelli's over to them for my 2013 and am pretty happy with the look on Sterling Gray. They also look pretty badass on black stangs:

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...07-p188mb.html

Of course if you want to go bigger and/or wider, then the FRPP's aren't going to do it. The staggered charcoal amr and 2010 GT500 style packages are a good value, but if you're looking for boutique looks and major weight savings, TSW Nurburgrings, RTR's, and Forgestar's are pretty slick..
No im def gonna go bigger with 19's

2012 Mustang GT 5.0
Stock 3.73 Gears, Roush Axle backs, CDC Chin Spoiler, Roush Side Splitters, GT500 Rear Diffuser, 3D Carbon Spoiler, 19" Black SVE wheels
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

the black SVE wheels are kinda growing on me, are they shiny matte black?

2012 Mustang GT 5.0
Stock 3.73 Gears, Roush Axle backs, CDC Chin Spoiler, Roush Side Splitters, GT500 Rear Diffuser, 3D Carbon Spoiler, 19" Black SVE wheels
Beast3.7

I think the three best looking black wheels for our car are the GT500s, the GTCS / V6PP wheels or the XXR 522s.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Journal
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greekstang85 View Post
i really like the cv3 it was one of my options, if they make it in black i would def order it, i sent them an e-mail to see if they could do it.
Stance sc5's are almost exactly the same as the Vossens, but cheaper. They also sell them in Black instead of "charcoal" and are availbe in 19's or 20's. Element sells them under "stance VIP" wheels. They go for $315-350.

Stance SC-5IVE on INFINITI G37S - YouTube

Concave wheels for the win!!!!!
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-26-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Kurtz View Post
Stance sc5's are almost exactly the same as the Vossens, but cheaper. They also sell them in Black instead of "charcoal" and are availbe in 19's or 20's. Element sells them under "stance VIP" wheels. They go for $315-350.

Concave wheels for the win!!!!!
SC5's are pretty awesome

2012 Mustang GT 5.0
PONY Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
SC5's are pretty awesome
Sure would like to see how those SC 5's look on my 'Stang !!!!! I already have F 91s' wheels. Mine are an unusual Race/red color...almost - Rice - red if you know what I mean. Sorry for the unusually, GINORMOUS pic. (slowed your 'puter down???)
PONY Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
SC5's are pretty awesome
Sure would like to see how those SC 5's look on my 'Stang !!!!! I already have F 91s' wheels. Mine are an unusual Race/red color...almost - Rice - red if you know what I mean. Sorry for the unusually, GINORMOUS pic. (slowed your 'puter down???)
PONY Member

Took me a while to find the thread on SVT,.. a member there with 19x 9.5s all around( just imagine them being black):

member there with 20x9, 20 x 10s

and 20' Vossens for a comparison:

Its hard to say which stance wheels look better (20 or 19's). Both look great, and are cheaper. But then again Vossen makes quality wheels.
PONY Member

Thumbs up Thanks Colonel

...I am partial to the Black 'stang - not because of the 20s', but the Dark grey color goes really well with black - a real show stopper. Take care.
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-26-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Kurtz View Post
Took me a while to find the thread on SVT,.. a member there with 19x 9.5s all around( just imagine them being black):

member there with 20x9, 20 x 10s

and 20' Vossens for a comparison:

Its hard to say which stance wheels look better (20 or 19's). Both look great, and are cheaper. But then again Vossen makes quality wheels.
i really really like those sc5's! any idea who sells them?

2012 Mustang GT 5.0
PONY Member

Element wheels sells them. just google them, lotta ppl on here use them.
Apprentice

Powder coated 19x9.5 GT500 wheels. Textured Black.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page