Cant find the right black wheels! Got any ideas? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-24-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Cant find the right black wheels! Got any ideas?

i'v been looking around for the past 4 months now on what wheels to get for my black '12 gt and i just cant seem to like anything thats out there right now, maybe you guys can help me out! im looking for a black wheel no chrome deep dish maybe you guys can point me in the right direction

2012 Mustang GT 5.0
Stock 3.73 Gears, Roush Axle backs, CDC Chin Spoiler, Roush Side Splitters, GT500 Rear Diffuser, 3D Carbon Spoiler, 19" Black SVE wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-24-2012
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greekstang85 View Post
i'v been looking around for the past 4 months now on what wheels to get for my black '12 gt and i just cant seem to like anything thats out there right now, maybe you guys can help me out! im looking for a black wheel no chrome deep dish maybe you guys can point me in the right direction
Trust me, I've had some trouble finding the right wheels as well. It depends on what you want though. For me, I want 19x10s in the back at least and that narrows things down quite a bit. But I will share some of my favorite options and maybe it will open some ideas for you.

Black 2010 GT500 Mustang Wheels (2005-2009) - Free Shipping!
Matte Black 2010 Style GT500 Wheels (2005-2009) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
Black Saleen Style Mustang Wheels (2005-2009) - Free Shipping!
Matte Black Saleen Wheels (2005-2009) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
Black Foose Legend Wheels (2005-2009) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
Matte Gunmetal TSW Nurburgring (2005-2009) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
Brooklands Alloy wheels in matte black and silver w/ mirror cut face by TSW | www.TSW.com
Black Alloy wheels by TSW | www.TSW.com

hope this helps!

I value acceleration more than top speed. I'm crazy, not dumb.
2008 V6 Mustang
Selling Borla Touring Axelbacks!
roush cai, black pype bomb resonators, x pipes, pacestter longtube headers, deleted cats, zex nitrous currently spraying 50hp shot, sct 93 all out tune. Next on the list is a svt 8.8 rear with 3.73 and an aluminum driveshaft
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-24-2012
PONY Member

What is your price range? Are you looking for forged or a cast wheel?

2013 Boss Recaro seats and Torsen diff.

Sold 2011GT HRE P40SC 19" Staggered wheels / FRPP 525hp supercharger / Pirelli PZERO / Wilwood bbk

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-24-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by msupardonme View Post
GT500 black wheels are probably the only ones i would get, but i would love to get a deep dish rim all black i think it would look so much better. i frequent AM a lot to see if they get new stuff on the website so iv seen every rim they have on there.

2012 Mustang GT 5.0
Stock 3.73 Gears, Roush Axle backs, CDC Chin Spoiler, Roush Side Splitters, GT500 Rear Diffuser, 3D Carbon Spoiler, 19" Black SVE wheels
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-24-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bernice1 View Post
What is your price range? Are you looking for forged or a cast wheel?
forged would be nice but not looking to get crazy expensive like HRE or Works, Volk, Etc.

so probably cast is the way to go for the price

2012 Mustang GT 5.0
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-24-2012
Apprentice

Try elementwheels.com I bought some from them and love the rims
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-24-2012
PONY Member

Thumbs up

The TSW "MAX" sure looks nice...and different. You almost HAVE to do a photochop to see what the new wheels would look like on your car. Then you would be sure.I am looking for the "with a lot of lip" style myself. Some of these wheels look like they belong on a Lambo - NOT on a 'Wicked"Stang. JMO (which might change at any second !)
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-24-2012
PONY Member

Vossen makes great wheels and they are different, I got a qoute for 19" wheels and they were $400 each. Contact them as they will do black for you if they can, I was looking at the cv1, google and you will see them on Mustangs.

Sold 2011GT HRE P40SC 19" Staggered wheels / FRPP 525hp supercharger / Pirelli PZERO / Wilwood bbk
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-24-2012
Rookie

ENKEI EDR 9 18 inch Rims Black Matte Wheels

I put these on mine and they look pretty good I think. They will look even better when I put my body kit on
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0209.jpg
Views:	6445
Size:	145.4 KB
ID:	156268  
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-24-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bernice1 View Post
Vossen makes great wheels and they are different, I got a qoute for 19" wheels and they were $400 each. Contact them as they will do black for you if they can, I was looking at the cv1, google and you will see them on Mustangs.
i really like the cv3 it was one of my options, if they make it in black i would def order it, i sent them an e-mail to see if they could do it.

2012 Mustang GT 5.0
PONY Member

The cv3 is a nice wheel very easy to clean. I have the base brakes and my rears spew tons of brake dust making my wheels very difficult to clean. Those will be very nice to clean and they look great, just give Vossen a call they are a very helpful and answer right away.

PONY Member

Godspeed wheels are badass deep dish wheels and come all black.

2011 Black 5.0 GT/CS manual, Tech pkg, HID, Comfort pkg
1/4"wheel spacers, GT500 exhaust, AEM intake, BAMA tune, Amsoil

1995 5.0 cobra clone. BBK full exhaust, BBK intake, 70mm throttle body. (sold)
GT Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member

the charcoal amr's look pretty awesome on black check them out.........

03 Mach 1, Full eaton swap,4;10s, slp 2 with mac H pipe, 443 rwhp tuned by Excessive

1990 lx fully built 331 stroker

89 LX lots of goodies
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

GREEKSTANG85, are you looking to transfer the stock pirelli's onto a new set of rims? That was a big part of my decision making process since my p-zeros were practically brand new and an overall decent year-round tire. Not sure if that applies to you and your wheels..

If so, this thread discussed the FRPP Matte black wheels, which are bit lighter than the stock 18x8 rims and $549 to your door. Same offset as your stock rims, so there are no fitment issues and you can reuse your stock lugs. I transferred my pirelli's over to them for my 2013 and am pretty happy with the look on Sterling Gray. They also look pretty badass on black stangs:

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...07-p188mb.html

Of course if you want to go bigger and/or wider, then the FRPP's aren't going to do it. The staggered charcoal amr and 2010 GT500 style packages are a good value, but if you're looking for boutique looks and major weight savings, TSW Nurburgrings, RTR's, and Forgestar's are pretty slick..
GT Member

gt500's!! i have 18's but the 19's look alot better.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0376.jpg
Views:	6042
Size:	357.9 KB
ID:	156273  

2014 Black 5.0 Track Pack with to many mods.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page