Getting a '13, have a question regarding RECAROs - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member

Get the Recaros. Rent a econobox if you need to have wheels till your car comes in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

Get the Recaro's. They are awesome.

2013 Sterling Grey Base GT | Manual | Track Pack | Recaro's | 301A |Borla S-Type Axle Backs | Ford Racing Adj. FR3 Handling Pack|Clear Bra & Tints
PONY Member

Yeah the recaros fit me great. If you have some extra weight hanging around, they might not be comfy.

post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-24-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Haha well I'm gonna talk to the salesman since he's a hell of a nice guy and see what he can do, or see if his service dept. has them. My dad is helping me with the funding a bit (kind of a graduation present) and its his call in the end. But ultimately its not a deal breaker, for me it was the 5.0 or no go
PONY Member
5.0L Member

+1 Get the Recaros
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

If you can get an ordered car in 5 weeks godspeed to you.

Scott | 2012 GT Premium Coupe Performance White 6R80 HID 64M Wheels Ford All-Weather Pony Mats & Trunk Liner GT500/GT Rear Mud Flap Set Ohio's Horses License Plate Raxiom Aero Tails

If you love your dog, get a microchip, they really work! My lost dog was back home in just under 24 hours thanks to the good citizens who called the county and the microchip that told animal control exactly where he lived.
GT Member

They're great seats for anything but longer drives. Would pass if the car is a DD. These seats are not for everyone or for every application.

2012 V6 Auto / MPT Performance-Street Tune (5.0 Killa)

MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzcat View Post
They're great seats for anything but longer drives. Would pass if the car is a DD. These seats are not for everyone or for every application.
There just really isn't anyway to adjust your positioning in longer drives, as the chair wants you to sit straight and in one position. My threshold of driving in them straight is about 7-8hrs.

2012 Black 3.7L
=Performance Package

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockStarKick View Post
Yeah, you must be fat, cause the Recaro's fit me perfect.. In Houston you don't need heated seats..
Not hardly. 6' 3" and 185. :nogrinner
PONY Member
5.0L Member

I'm 6'3 245 and the Boss recaros fit me fine, will even better when I drop another 20+ lbs... eventually. Oddly enough the sport seats in my Infiniti G37S pinched my thighs, never could get 'used to it' even when I was ~ 230lbs, it was the width of my legs down from my hips, not the girth of each one that caused the problems. Not everyone who doesn't fit can be assumed be a fat bleep. :nogrinner
Rookie

I'm 6'7" and 280... the Recaros are a little to small for me... I think the seats may not be comfy on a long drive.... but I can always add some temporary padding between me and the seat if need be...

They do look awesome! AWESOME! :kooky:

2012 Mustang Shelby GT500 Convertible | Race Red | SVT Perf Pack | Recaro

Daily Driver: 2010 Ford SVT F-150 Raptor 6.2L Molten Orange

2 wheels, I do that too: 2002 Harley Fatboy.. Black and lots of chrome!
Californicajun

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickAKATed10 View Post
You can definitely buy and install the Recaros after you get your car. I'm not sure on the price difference, but know it is possible.
On the window sticker of the 2013's, they show the Recaro manual Leather Seats for 1,595.
ucb
PONY Member

Get the recaros and wait..buy a $500 beater for a few weeks and sell it when you get the stang and save yourself $1500 bucks
Apprentice

Just bought one with recaro's and they are fantastic. Worth the wait if you will be driving hard.

2013 Black V6 6MT 20" Menzarri rims, Airaid intake, Bama tune, 3.73 gears, muffler delete, Corbeau TRS seats, Stack Racing strut bar...Custom shift knob on order.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page