More Attention Recently - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012
glock22357

More Attention Recently

For the past year or so, since I got my 2012 5.0, it has garnered very little attention, faaaar less than my Race Red 2005 GT.

Recently, since the ads for the 2013 have been running constantly on the TV here in my area, my car has been getting quite a bit of attention. The ads are running so often, it's like the local dealers just bought-up all of the ad time on TV. It seems everyday another person is gawking from the curb, walking by it and making a comment, just staring hard..

It's kinda creepy. Honestly, it's not why I bought it. I liked the anonymity it had before.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012
shellenberger

If that were true, you wouldn't have posted this. Just saying.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellenberger View Post
This guy's got a point. If you wanted anonymity you wouldn't have chosen a mustang let alone 2. You would blend in much better in a taurus SHO or a acura tl depending on your area. My guess is you like the attention but you're just a humble/shy guy

I value acceleration more than top speed. I'm crazy, not dumb.
2008 V6 Mustang
Selling Borla Touring Axelbacks!
roush cai, black pype bomb resonators, x pipes, pacestter longtube headers, deleted cats, zex nitrous currently spraying 50hp shot, sct 93 all out tune. Next on the list is a svt 8.8 rear with 3.73 and an aluminum driveshaft

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012
GT Member

next we'll learn that he has an O/R X and roush ABs :nogrinner

Current 2012 Lexus RX350 & 2011 Ford Escape XLT

Previous
2012 Grabber Blue, GT Prem, Sold 8/20/2012

New Build:
2014 Ingot Silver Focus ST ST2 W/ Moonroof and Blue Recaro Inserts: Ordered 05/22/2014
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Mine endlessly got attention when it first came out, but now it seems nearly invisible to most. I've had one or two people recently ask if it was a '13. I'd venture to say folks probably just think you have the latest and greatest, without really knowing the differences.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYeti View Post
next we'll learn that he has an O/R X and roush ABs :nogrinner

Weak sauce. A Prius is louder, you wiener.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsadams87xx View Post
Weak sauce. A Prius is louder, you wiener.
I know. Everytime I hear a prius owner put the pedal to the floor....I cant imagine Toyota wouldnt do something to quiet them down. :kooky:

Current 2012 Lexus RX350 & 2011 Ford Escape XLT

Previous
2012 Grabber Blue, GT Prem, Sold 8/20/2012

New Build:
2014 Ingot Silver Focus ST ST2 W/ Moonroof and Blue Recaro Inserts: Ordered 05/22/2014
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012
glock22357

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellenberger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by msupardonme View Post
This guy's got a point. If you wanted anonymity you wouldn't have chosen a mustang let alone 2. You would blend in much better in a taurus SHO or a acura tl depending on your area. My guess is you like the attention but you're just a humble/shy guy
Let me clarify;

A little attention for the car is nice.....a few compliments here and there, appreciative nods.....that's all good. And I've noticed since getting my 2012, no one seems to notice it.

But there have been a few posts here where people have walked to their car to find people leaning against it, having their pictures taken, hand-prints all over, etc. I would be a bit upset if I found some folks sitting on it/leaning against it, etc. Black is a biotch to keep looking good.

But, like I'm saying, until the 2013 Mustang ads hit the air-waves, no one noticed.....now, it's crazy.

Everyday someone is complimenting me on the car. Today in a 7-11 parking lot, a 3-4 year old little girl (in the back-seat of the car parked next to me), looked at my car and smiled. She was kinda shy and ducking down, then peaking back up to look again. Her dad in the drivers seat said she liked my car, and that he did too. The fact that the little girl noticed (recognized) my car tells me the advertising in this area is really getting peoples attention.

Maybe my situation is peculiar to my area, the local TV stations are running the 2013 Mustang ads constantly.

Oh, and I have mad-crazy mods...........floor mats and a K&N filter element.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012
Grimace427

Maybe there is something in the water in your neck of the woods, Glock! I haven't recieved hardly any attention at all(not that I am looking for any) since driving home from the dealer back in 2010. I've had a few nods and thumbs up from other 'Stangers but not much from the average road fodder.

My coworkers are the only ones who seem to notice, and those with 'performance cars' tend to choke up a bit when I enter the conversation.
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace427 View Post
My coworkers are the only ones who seem to notice, and those with 'performance cars' tend to choke up a bit when I enter the conversation.

My favorite part.... "Ohhh, you have a SRT8", or "is that your SS".....

Some people lead the way blindly, Others follow with 20/20 vision

Aaron S.
2011 5.0| MT82| White/Saddle|HID|Brembo|3.73| GT/CS Fascia| Saleen Grill| DynaTech LT's and O/R X| AFCO Aluminum Radiator | J&M LCA's & RELO's|Hurst Billet + | Eibach Pro Springs| KONI STR-T |Bama93| Airaid| 255/40/19(f)285/35/19(r) Kuhmo ECSTA XS|

Gone but not forgotten
|08 Mustang GT, MT Black| 05 IS 300 MT Black| 00 Camaro SS MT Black|95 Acura Integra GSR MT Black | 91 Prelude Si 4WS MT Black|

PONY Member

I have HIDs, a Saleen Grill, and LED Clear corners so people always ask what models it is. Plus the setup is so clean until numerous people have asked, "What option package is that?" As if it's a special edition. I really like that.

2012 Mustang 5.0, Auto, HID headlamps, comfort/security pkg, Front LCA's, Saleen Grill, GT500 rear valence, GT500 mud guards, GT500 mounts, GT500 AB, Eibach Pro/Koni STR.T, BMR Adj. Panhard, JLT Oil Seperator, Lloyds 5.0 Mats/Trunk Mats, StopTech ST40, 245/40/20 (F), 275/35/20 (R), Stock Dyno = 373.9 RWHP / 341.2 TQ, Build Date 06/11
Grimace427

Quote:
Originally Posted by adspru View Post
My favorite part.... "Ohhh, you have a SRT8", or "is that your SS".....
No it's more like, "Hey I have an M3 DCT" or "My C32 AMG has an intake and tune, take that!"

My favorite part, when the bench racing starts I step in with some tales of actual racing. People with the high-end sophisticated cars love to talk about their potential, but when the rubber hits the road they have nothing to say.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page